Racism Discussion - what is race? what is racism?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What religion are those who are administering it and how do they differ from Muslims themselves?

OK look at Christianity. The vast majority of its practice is Administered by the Pope or the Archbishop. The rest are really weird splinter groups.
If people are unhappy with practices of Christians , then the Pope etc are answerable to an extent.
In Islam, weird splinter groups appear to be the norm.

OK look at Christianity. The vast majority of its practice is Administered by the Pope or the Archbishop. The rest are really weird splinter groups.
If people are unhappy with practices of Christians , then the Pope etc are answerable to an extent.
In Islam, weird splinter groups appear to be the norm.

There are countless different denominations of Christianity that dont answer to the Pope (or the Archbishop).

Mormons, Baptists, Latter day Saints, Jehovas etc etc.

If Melbourne Victory Football Club, only allowed player born in Victoria to play for them - is this racist?

Atletico+Madrid+v+Athletic+Bilbao+UEFA+Europa+PtsmZRbZV_Ul.jpg

There are countless different denominations of Christianity that dont answer to the Pope (or the Archbishop).

Mormons, Baptists, Latter day Saints, Jehovas etc etc.

yes i named the biggest. But in general your jim jones, and David Koresh types are an anomaly. Most branches have a hierarchy and would be answerable to the general public.

Bilbao have a basque only player policy. Is this racism?
On the face of it, I would lean toward yes. Bilbao are not a national team or playing in a competition that involves national/regional representation so it does seem a politically motivated racist policy.

How does this compare to the EPL requirement for 'home grown' players in each squad, for example? This seems to be motivated by trying to keep the English national team strong but is there more to it? Where is the line between the two?

Nah i don't think so, they've had this policy since 1912 plus i think there are few non-Basque players playing for them now anyway right?

I'm just saying that they've had this policy for over a hundred years and no one gives a major **** about it. There's been no great public outcry over it.

And it's not like they're implying that basque players are better than Catalan players or anything like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the face of it, I would lean toward yes. Bilbao are not a national team or playing in a competition that involves national/regional representation so it does seem a politically motivated racist policy.

How does this compare to the EPL requirement for 'home grown' players in each squad, for example? This seems to be motivated by trying to keep the English national team strong but is there more to it? Where is the line between the two?

It really is a bizarre on. On face yes it is racist (more xenophobic really). But then I thought about it. If a player is white, black, blue orange, Christian, Muslim etc etc and born in the region and good enough to play, odds on they would play. Keeping a sporting club regional isn't inherently racist if they let people of all races, ethnicities and religions in as long as they were born in the region. Strange one.

On the English one, Morgan Schneiderlin is counted as 'home grown'. He is French.

Islam is dangerous in its current form/culture. I don't want it in Australia.

How do you propose we get rid of it Islam;
1. The constitution gives everyone a right to practice whatever religion they want.
2. More than half are Australian born.
3. Isn't going to stop some nutter from being a nutter, might actually encourage a 'moderate' to turn.

THE CLASH OF THE CODES

In a surprise move Collingwood has begun beheading those who follow other codes. They showed no mercy when storming St George’s Leagues Club waving black and white flags and spraying poker machine players with AK47 rounds while screaming “Collingwood is great”, “death to non-believers” and “behead all those who insult Eddie McGuire”.

It was widely reported that up to 400 radicalised players from interstate clubs had travelled to Melbourne to join the Collingwood Caliphate, but Tony Abbott was quick to reassure the public, angrily declaring that, “these people are being closely monitored” and a furious Premier Baird rushed to a Press conference claiming, “they may not be allowed back into NSW”.

“This has nothing to do with Aussie Rules”, screamed the ABC and The Age, “Collingwood is a religion of peace”.

The Guardian On-line led with, “SPORTING VIOLENCE A GROWING CONCERN” but counselled its readers against over-reacting to redneck claims that 30,000 well armed Collingwood fanatics were descending on the offices of the Premier League.

In a breaking development it was reported a bomb had exploded in the Essendon Club rooms but fortunately no-one was there. The Collingwood players group had quickly claimed responsibility, tweeting “convert or die” and released a video of David Gallop in an orange jumpsuit declaring he would be decapitated unless all codes converted to Aussie Rules and followed the teachings of Collingwood.

Sarah Hanson-Young said that boys will be boys, discounting Jacqui Lambie’s claim that Collingwood “only cares about winning” and that she will not put up with Magpie Law. “And I won’t agree to anything until indigenous players are paid more”, Jacqui said.

“It’s no wonder we are losing ‘moderate’ Aussie Rules players to Collingwood” said James Hird. “We can’t compete with rewards of 72 virtuous black and white birds.”

Tony Abbott again called for tea and bickies with spiritual leaders of all football clubs to resolve the issue. “Let me make this clear, this has nothing to do with the Magpies”, he said. “We have nothing to gain by marginalising an Aussie Rules club, in fact henceforth I will be referring to them as, ‘Sports people in black and white jumpers’”.

When asked for an opinion, Bill Shorten said he would rather not comment on Pies but added, “I will agree with whatever Eddie McGuire agrees to.”

"Larry Pickering on facebook"

1. The constitution gives everyone a right to practice whatever religion they want.
3. Isn't going to stop some nutter from being a nutter, might actually encourage a 'moderate' to turn.

I don't propose that we can. We just have to put up with it. I do, however, wish that no more Muslims were allowed to migrate to Aus. Then we could just wait a few generations for current Muslims in the country to become more moderate, much like most Christians have ended up not caring about their religion, even if they identify as part of it.

I don't propose that we can. We just have to put up with it. I do, however, wish that no more Muslims were allowed to migrate to Aus. Then we could just wait a few generations for current Muslims in the country to become more moderate, much like most Christians have ended up not caring about their religion, even if they identify as part of it.

1. Majority of the Muslims in the country are second generation.
2. Most of the migration is on the basis of family, impossible to stop.
3. Conversion to Islam is gaining momentum in lots of European countries. (Germany, Sweden etc)
4. When that phenomenon takes off elsewhere it will be a question of when, not if, places like Australia become majority Muslim.
5. 1/5th of the world's population is already Muslim.
6. It is an unstoppable juggernaut.
7. Governments around the world are going to have to find some other way of dealing with it, other than dog whistling.
8. Driving wedges between the population will only serve to make things deteriorate to lowest common denominator violence much more quickly.
9. Time to be grown up about it.

Then they were never a moderate to begin with.

I guess the grown up thing to say would be not one of the majority Muslim countries in the world would be considered good places to live.
Have worked with quite a few Persians over the past few years - none have had anything good to say about Iran since the revolution and none are interested in going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back