Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the tick

Debutant
Aug 18, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
tweaked the team over the past week or so. i have come up with this. still some more swaps to be made but i think its coming together

Backs: Goddard Deledio Shaw Grimes Lake Clarke Ellis (Gillies Mohr)

Mids: Ablett Murphy A.Swallow S.Thompson Sheil Kavanagh (Crozier S.Gibson)

Rucks: Goldstein Bailey (Giles Stephenson)

Forwards: Pavlich S. Johnson Martin Zaharakis Magin Zorko Saad (Smedts Walsh)

Taking a gamble with no Franklin, think he may drop in price with the Hawks early draw (Pies, Cats, WCE).
Unsure about some rookies in the forward line.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Re: Rate My SuperCoach Team 2012

A few notes ill make before hand, My Backline is my Cash cow station, after scouring Prospectus/SC Gold im going to look into players such as R.Shaw who has a low BE but high Projected total as someone who ill be able to make some money off and still score ok along the way

tbh i dont get the r.shaw selection. as its the start of the season isn't he priced to average 77? considering his last two seasons have seen him average in the 70's i dont see him improving much, if at all. the three 100+ scores in the last games of 2011 also gave a little boost to his price in what was really not a good sc year. imo another rookie is a better option. even if shaw averages 90 (which i doubt) his price might only increase by just over 100k, a rookie on the other hand could easily make upto 200k which at the end of the day will allow for better premiums to be bought by years end

tbh i dont get the r.shaw selection. as its the start of the season isn't he priced to average 77? considering his last two seasons have seen him average in the 70's i dont see him improving much, if at all. the three 100+ scores in the last games of 2011 also gave a little boost to his price in what was really not a good sc year. imo another rookie is a better option. even if shaw averages 90 (which i doubt) his price might only increase by just over 100k, a rookie on the other hand could easily make upto 200k which at the end of the day will allow for better premiums to be bought by years end

SC Gold has Rhyce Averaging 98 over the first 3 games with only 6 games under 100 and 1 under 80 coming in round 23 against Hawthorn!

dont get me wrong im a little suspect on it too but with Sydney playing GWS, Freo (SCG), Port and Nth in the 1st 4 rounds he could be a early price riser!

He isnt as bad as people think, 2 yrs ago he averaged 109 and then Malceski took his spot in '10 then Kennelly in '11, Kennelly's gone and Malceski injured is great for Rhyce!

SC Gold has Rhyce Averaging 98 over the first 3 games with only 6 games under 100 and 1 under 80 coming in round 23 against Hawthorn!

dont get me wrong im a little suspect on it too but with Sydney playing GWS, Freo (SCG), Port and Nth in the 1st 4 rounds he could be a early price riser!

He isnt as bad as people think, 2 yrs ago he averaged 109 and then Malceski took his spot in '10 then Kennelly in '11, Kennelly's gone and Malceski injured is great for Rhyce!

sounds like an average fit for his brother. considering he had 15scores under 80 last season i'm still not convinced. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though so see what happens.

edit: he also averaged 94 in 09 according to tooserious.net

tweaked the team over the past week or so. i have come up with this. still some more swaps to be made but i think its coming together

Backs: Goddard Deledio Shaw Grimes Lake Clarke Ellis (Gillies Mohr)

Mids: Ablett Murphy A.Swallow S.Thompson Sheil Kavanagh (Crozier S.Gibson)

Rucks: Goldstein Bailey (Giles Stephenson)

Forwards: Pavlich S. Johnson Martin Zaharakis Magin Zorko Saad (Smedts Walsh)

Taking a gamble with no Franklin, think he may drop in price with the Hawks early draw (Pies, Cats, WCE).
Unsure about some rookies in the forward line.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Standard back line.

Mids are interesting and some uniques there. Swallow & Thompson should go OK.

Not a fan of Goldstein. Hard to see him maintaining the price and seeing as you've started with a rookie and are looking to upgrade at some stage, maybe try grabbing him later when his price drops and you know how he's going.

If I was looking for a word to describe your fwd line I'd go with inconsistent. Pav, Johnson & Zaharakis are up and down. Martin too but maybe a bit less so.

So Guys my side currently looks like this:

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, R.Shaw, Grimes, Hargrave, Ellis
Emg: Wilkes, Smedts

CTR: Ablett, Boyd, Thompson, Hayes, Stevens, McDonald
Emg: L.Brown, S.Gibson

RUCK: Leuenberger, Giles
Emg: Derickx, Stephenson

FWD: Franklin, Johnson, Martin, Hurley, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Pfieffer
Emg: Cameron, Weedon

A few notes ill make before hand, My Backline is my Cash cow station, after scouring Prospectus/SC Gold im going to look into players such as R.Shaw who has a low BE but high Projected total as someone who ill be able to make some money off and still score ok along the way!
Grimes is someone ill give 1 more chance too, 1st sign of injury and he's goneski!
Hargrave seemed to move well on saturday night so happy to have him in the early rounds considering his ability to score well when fit!

As for the Mids, Stevens is boarderline, falling for abit of preseason hype atm but will monitor his NAB Cup and if he still does nothing then ill replace with a rookie.

Rucks im taking a massive risk here playing just berger with Giles but he will play and make some cash, enough for me to upgrade around bye time anyways

Fwds its only really Porps thats got me fence sitting, no1 else around the price thats worth considering atm so will watch some fwd rookies to see if anyone will be worth replacing him with! Pfieffer will stay aslong as he gets upgraded, if not he's gone too!

Thoughts guys? Happy with it, needs improvement, complete shithouse???? let me know!
Cheers

Sounds good. If they didn't limit you to 20 trades, you'd be on a winner!! Seriously, a $300k player that improves 25-30ppg will not generate as much cash as a rookie who averages 75 ppg. And it's a lot harder to go from 75 to 100ppg than to get to a base of 75ppg!

sounds like an average fit for his brother. considering he had 15scores under 80 last season i'm still not convinced. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though so see what happens.

edit: he also averaged 94 in 09 according to tooserious.net
Oh ok i must have misread! still though, happy to play this out for a little bit if he starts off well!

Sounds good. If they didn't limit you to 20 trades, you'd be on a winner!! Seriously, a $300k player that improves 25-30ppg will not generate as much cash as a rookie who averages 75 ppg. And it's a lot harder to go from 75 to 100ppg than to get to a base of 75ppg!

Yeah i agree, but lucky they give us 24 trades ey? lol:thumbsu:

I know Rhyce isnt a conventional pick but in all seriousness he can play and score well, Kennelly is gone which free's up his run and carry game.

Also this is just a pre Rd1 side, there could be a player who just demands to be picked over him which ill happily do, he's no way set in stone!

this side could change drastically before round 1!

74746497.png

thoughts?!?

Def: Goddard,Deliedo,H.Shaw,Enright,Ellis,Smedts,Mohr
Bugg,Wilkes
Mid: Ablett,Swan,Murphy,Selwood,Clifton,L.Brown
Zorko,Gibson
Ruc: Mumford,Kruezer
Giles,Stephensen
Fwd: Franklin,Goodes,Fyfe,Martin,Pfeffier,Treloar,Walsh
Kerridge,Weedon

I've gone for a different take on things with this latest draft. Something that I've generally advised against, I might take a punt on, a 5 premium MID line.

My thoughts behind this:
  • Short on solid backline premiums this time round so a wait-and-see approach is beneficial and there are a few rookies to fill places there.
  • With the forward line there are, again, quite a few decent rookies (especially MPPs) to fill spots, but there are also plenty of premiums/breakouts this year so it's good to fill up on those more expensive players.
  • With the ruck, it's very tough to choose between the rucks and this is one of those years where a 3 rookie ruck can work with Giles looking the money and a good point-scorer. Therefore, can wait-and-see here.
  • With the midfield, I think one can say with some confidence who some of the top midfielders are and can therefore pick them from the start. As far as cheap rookies go, the midfield is a bit harder to pick them and therefore it's slightly lighter-on with rookies at that price range. That said, there is quite a bit of choice, so there is a bit of a compromise, particularly as MIDs tend to become cash-cows quite quickly.

My team (click for larger image):

I'm wondering about whether I should have Mitchell and/or Selwood and/or Priddis in that midfield line-up. If so, to replace who (and don't say Watson)?

Also Shiel vs McDonald vs Mitchell vs Williams vs Gibson vs Kavanagh vs Stevens...? Wondering about some of my rookies generally...particularly the MIDs.

What are your thoughts, BigFooty community?

screenshot20120220at632.png

Thoughts??

If Fyfe's injury concerns clear up before round one i'll grab him instead of pavlich and I'm not too sure about going with just one big scoring ruck men (Kreuzer)

Edit: and also i'm not too sure about some of my younger player selections are right as well :D

screenshot20120220at632.png

Thoughts??

If Fyfe's injury concerns clear up before round one i'll grab him instead of pavlich and I'm not too sure about going with just one big scoring ruck men (Kreuzer)

Edit: and also i'm not too sure about some of my younger player selections are right as well :D

I share your concern with the single ruck, consider downgrading Beams and upgrading Derickx, other than that looks pretty good, just a last minute check on the rookies as round one approaches :thumbsu:

Replies are much appreciated.

DEF: Goddard Deledio Shaw Enright Suckling Ellis L.Brown (Spurr,Wilkes)

MID: Ablett Swan Murphy Priddis Shiel Mitchell (Kavanagh,J.McDonald)

RUCK: Leuenberger Giles (Rowe,Stephensen)

FOR: Franklin Goodes Fyfe Martin Smedts Treloar Kerridge (Zorko,Dell'Olio)

$43,300 left over.

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Effort.

DEF: Goddard Deledio H.Shaw Scotland Grimes M.Clarke Ellis (Smedts, Bugg)

MID: Ablett Dal Santo Coniglio K.Stevens Shiel Zorko (L.Brown,J.McDonald)

RUCK: Cox Giles (Rowe,Stephensen)

FOR: Franklin Pavlich Fyfe Martin Chapman J.Brown Porplyzia (T.Walsh,Hampton)

$20,100 left over.

Thanks.

Havnt had a chance to see much recent footy so just put a team together let me know what you guys think

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Buntine, Ellis, Spurr, Bugg, (Smedts, Wilkes)

Abblet, Swan, Murphy Selwood, Sidebottom, Shiel, (McDonald, Mitchell)

Mumford, Minson, (Giles, Stephenson)

Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Saad, Zorko, Treloar, (Rowe, Dickson)

First Effort.

DEF: Goddard Deledio H.Shaw Scotland Grimes M.Clarke Ellis (Smedts, Bugg)

MID: Ablett Dal Santo Coniglio K.Stevens Shiel Zorko (L.Brown,J.McDonald)

RUCK: Cox Giles (Rowe,Stephensen)

FOR: Franklin Pavlich Fyfe Martin Chapman J.Brown Porplyzia (T.Walsh,Hampton)

$20,100 left over.

Thanks.

I like the Defence although a bit iffy on Scotland as i think at his age he may start to drop off... but could also avg same as last year which you'd take.

I would maybe downgrade a forward to and play an extra rookie in the FWDS and upgrade Coniglio to a gun.. you seem a little to bare in Mids

Also, Giles as R2 (which im tossing up as well after NAB Rnd 1) is a gamble still... how much game time is going to get with Brogan to come in?

Otherwise a fair team.

74746497.png

thoughts?!?

My thoughts are that I wish people wouldn't post screenshots. They're extremely difficult to read.

Team attempt #2

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Grimes, Clarke, Mohr, Wilkes
(Brennan/King-Wilson)

MIDS: Pendles, Ablett, Murphy, Thompson, Hayes, Mcdonald
(Pfeiffer, Mitchell)

RUCKS: Cox, HMac
(Giles, Stephensen)

FWDS: Buddy, Chappy, Martin, Brown, Zorko, Cameron, Walsh
(Treloar, Smedts)

$10,,500 in bank

Pretty happy with Defence... I'm thinking bout stackin my mids this year early and upgrading my forwards later,
Bit iffy on Ruck2, i want Giles but not sure on Brogan sitch and obviously rookies are subject to NAB Cup form and what not...

Any glaring thoughts anyone?
(also i havent even looked at byes and im going overseas before round 1 lockout so gotta try get it right before then haha)

I've gone for a different take on things with this latest draft. Something that I've generally advised against, I might take a punt on, a 5 premium MID line.

My thoughts behind this:
  • Short on solid backline premiums this time round so a wait-and-see approach is beneficial and there are a few rookies to fill places there.
  • With the forward line there are, again, quite a few decent rookies (especially MPPs) to fill spots, but there are also plenty of premiums/breakouts this year so it's good to fill up on those more expensive players.
  • With the ruck, it's very tough to choose between the rucks and this is one of those years where a 3 rookie ruck can work with Giles looking the money and a good point-scorer. Therefore, can wait-and-see here.
  • With the midfield, I think one can say with some confidence who some of the top midfielders are and can therefore pick them from the start. As far as cheap rookies go, the midfield is a bit harder to pick them and therefore it's slightly lighter-on with rookies at that price range. That said, there is quite a bit of choice, so there is a bit of a compromise, particularly as MIDs tend to become cash-cows quite quickly.

My team (click for larger image):

I'm wondering about whether I should have Mitchell and/or Selwood and/or Priddis in that midfield line-up. If so, to replace who (and don't say Watson)?

Also Shiel vs McDonald vs Mitchell vs Williams vs Gibson vs Kavanagh vs Stevens...? Wondering about some of my rookies generally...particularly the MIDs.

What are your thoughts, BigFooty community?

Any thoughts from anyone?

I've even made a text version to make it easier...
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, D. Heppell, T. Bugg, S. Morris, P. Yagmoor (B. Wilkes, L. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Boyd, J. Watson, J. McDonald (L. Neale, S. Gibson)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, J. Giles (O. Stephenson, T. Derickx)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, S. Sidebottom, R. Cooyou, D. Zorko (G. Weedon, B. Smedts)
CASH LEFT: $13,900

SoupAStars:

I would look to upgrade a ruck... if you're going to go with Giles at R2 u gotta have a stronger R1.

your MIDS are awesome lol but in all seriousness, Watson will miss games with a hammy or whatever i would look at Scotty Thompson, has a great run and is durable

Maybe even bring a Zaha/Sidey type from FWDS to replace Watson to open up MPP and get some money to upgrade a ruck or something

first draft tell me what u think. will reassess after the nab cup.

DEFENDERS
goddard deledio h-shaw
birchell lake m-clark
b-ellis

(mohr wilkes)

MIDFEILDERS
pendlebury(c) g-ablett m-murphy
hayes morabito shiel

(kavanagh neale)

RUCK
naitanui kreuzer

(giles stephensen)

FORWARDS
franklin pavlich d-martin
zaharakis porplyzia treloar
crozier

(s-rowe kerridge)

only have 2300 left. criticism welcome

My thoughts are that I wish people wouldn't post screenshots. They're extremely difficult to read.

Ill remember that next time sorry boss :)

Here is a slight change .. any thoughts lads?

Goddard Lids Broughton
Yarran Lake Clarke Morris ( Brown , Blee )

Ablett Boyd J.Selwood
Watson Sheil Kavanagh ( Mitchell Horsley )

McKevoy HMac ( Giles Stephenson )

Buddy Martin Cloke
Jroo JBrown Pferefier Saad ( Panos Delolio )

Defenders
Newman , Yarran , Grimes , Goddard , Hargrave , Ellis , Bugg (Redpath , Morris )

Midfielders
Priddis , Abblett , Murphy , Boyd , Swan , Tyson (Wingard , Neale )

Rucks
Krezuer , Giles (Derrickx , Stephenson )

Forwards
Franklin , Fyfe , Rioli , Porplyzia , Brown , Traloar , Weedon (Rowe , Dickson )

What do use think ?

DEF: C.Yarran, S.Hurn, P.Hanley, J.Grimes, B.Lake, P.Davis, M.Clarke (B.Smedts, B.Wilkes)
MID: A.Swallow (c.), J.Redden, D.Martin, B.Sewell, C.Masten, M.Wallis (D.Pfeiffer, J.McDonald)
RUC: Z.Smith, M.Kreuzer (S.Rowe, O.Stephensen)
FWD: P.Chapman, C.Sylvia, D.Zaharakis, J.Lewis, J.Brown, G.Rohan, J.Porplyzia (T.Walsh, A.Pattison)

Given that I'm attempting to take supercoach seriously this year (i.e keep touching it after round 5!), any assistance with regards to an approach would be magnificent. Do I ditch speculatives such as Masten, Wallis and Gaz Rohan and starts the aforementioned rookies/cheapies in their place? For instance, removing Davis for a Buntine and funnelling that extra $120k into upgrades in the midfield to true 'premiums'. Then the issue of which generates more as a cashcow - a 'maybe' like a Lucas/Caddy/Colyer or a rookie like Coniglio - rears its head. Or whether these gambles will produce 90-100 each week? Also considering Hamish Hartlett (another speculative). Or using all those cash cows on the bench to upgrade those gambles? Thanks ladies and gentlemen.

My i can't sleep effort...

DEF: Delidio, Yarran, Heppel, Conca, Schoenmakers, Stratton, Clarke (Ellis, Mohr)
MID: Selwood, Watson, Cotchin, Thomas, Lucas, Coniglio (Kavanagh, Treloar)
RUCK:Mumford, Maric (Derickx, Stephensen)
FOR: Franklin, J.Riewoldt, Nicoski, Darling, Matera, Karnezis, Miller (Saad, Zorko)

I'm sure i'll wind up reviewing this myself when i'm less sleep deprived and find myself going why the hell did i pick them :p Forwards i'm sure i've stuffed up, sitting on 55k as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back