Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couch, clay smith, smedts, Cameron...have they got job security? Haven't impressed personally.

Miles?

Round 3 for me. Side looks a bit different:

B: Goddard, Deledio, Fisher, Broughton, Yarran, Heppell, Dempsey (Bugg, Mohr)
C: Watson, Gibbs, Caddy, D. Smith, A. Kennedy, Ledger (McDonald, Magner)
R: Mumford, Ryder (Giles, Redden)
F: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Tomlinson, Dickson, Hall (Hampton, Couch)

$228k in the bank.

Hi guys, would love the feedback

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Delideo, Shaw, Lake, Buntine, Ellis (Bugg, Wilkes)
Mids: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Watson, Miles, Mitchell (Ledger, Magner)
Rucks: Mumford, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Smedts, Kennedy A, Trelor (Hall, Couch)

$20,600 remaining.

Thank you

$228k in the bank.

Probably should look at scaling back that backline a bit - Yarran and Hepps probably not worth the coin. Your mids are pretty bad as none of them are genuine ultra premiums (even Watson who will score well again this year injuries aside). Rucks - Ryder is not a good pick especially given he competes for duties with two others. Forwards are decent though players like Couch probably won't get a guernsey for a while.

Hi guys, would love the feedback

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Delideo, Shaw, Lake, Buntine, Ellis (Bugg, Wilkes)
Mids: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Watson, Miles, Mitchell (Ledger, Magner)
Rucks: Mumford, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Smedts, Kennedy A, Trelor (Hall, Couch)

$20,600 remaining.

Thank you

Buntine a bit expensive - overall your backs are good. Wilkes looks iffy for round 1 apparently. Mids are pretty good - the Mitchell you have there is the rookie? If its the Hawks guy I would prefer to upgrade into Hawk mids rather than start with them - also if its the Hawks guy that means you have 5 mid premiums. Rucks not convinced on Kruez but who knows. Will be surprised if Danger is a breakout player this season but a lot of people like him - the Crows do have a soft draw. You like all of us will be hanging on to see what rookies will be starting round one - reckon there will be a couple in there who wont start. Overall pretty good effort.

Probably should look at scaling back that backline a bit - Yarran and Hepps probably not worth the coin. Your mids are pretty bad as none of them are genuine ultra premiums (even Watson who will score well again this year injuries aside). Rucks - Ryder is not a good pick especially given he competes for duties with two others. Forwards are decent though players like Couch probably won't get a guernsey for a while.

Thanks for the comments.

Not sure about Couch, I've actually swapped him out just now.

Backline... I'm going for a new strategy with the new MPP rules this year. And I just dont rate the backline rookies as much as in the mid and forward area, not confident about job security. Heppell is a lock for me, I know many don't agree. And as much as I don't like it Yarran is a good user. I may swap him for someone like Shaw or Birchall though.

DUAL POSITION PLAYER TRADES - You'll now have more flexibility with how you trade, by being able to move dual position players within your team during the trading process - without having to have a 'matching' dual position player in the other position. For example, you may:
For example, you may:
a) elect to trade out a Forward who is not a dual position player.
b) If you have a Defender who is also a Forward, you may substitute them into the Forward spot left vacant by the player you elected to trade out.
c) You'll now have a vacant Defender spot on your team.
d) In effect, you are therefore trading out a Forward for trading in a Defender

Because of my DPP players I can pretty much swap out any position for any other position - excluding the ruck.

Watson is my C. I'm going with him taking it to the best scoring wise this year, with my first few upgrades being Pendles and co after then drop a little value.

Ryder was 5th for ruck last season and looks good this year. With questions over Sandi's fitness and McEvoy, Luenberger and Goldstein possibly sharing ruck duties I think picking the guy who can play forward best as well as ruck is reasonably safe. Also he averaged 110+ in the second half of last year.

Would like to get another decent player in the forwardline or midfield, but not really sure how to do it. Could downgrade Mumford, or could swap some of my more expensive rookies like Caddy and Tomlinson I suppose...

@lamaroos- You wrote that you have 228k left over? Just use that. If you don't have that left over you could look at downgrading Yarran to Lake/Davis/Hargrave or even cheaper to Clarke/Bower. As you will get smashed early on with your very weak midfield but if you do stay with a similar team to this, you should finish strong as you are full of cash cows.

Hey Lads any thoughts on these 2 teams I'm undecided on which way to go...

Goddard, Delidio, Shaw, Broughton, Smedts, Lake, Ellis
Bugg, Morris

Ablett, Montagna, Selwood, Murphy, Ledger, D. Smith
Clifton, Magner

Mumford, Giles
Big O, Redden

Franklin, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Cameron, A. Hall
Treloar, T. Couch

or

Goddard, Delidio, Shaw, Broughton, Malceski, Lake, Ellis
Bugg, Morris

Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Murphy, Ledger, D. Smith
McDonald, Magner

Giles, Redden
Big O, Derrickx

Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Cameron, A. Hall
Treloar, T. Couch

Only contemplating the second team as no rucks are screaming pick me apart from Cox and I think he is too expensive atm. It also upgrades the rest of my team a bit...

I'm in the exact same predicament re to pick premium ruck or not. I think I like your second team better though. Not sold on Lake personally, I'd downgrade him and upgrade Malceski to a premium. Although if you think eski will be a premium like a lot do, then you have no problem. It is nice fitting in 1 extra premium by sacrificing a ruck though. I just hope it isn't like eating the forbidden fruit. I think Mummy is screaming out at me, Cox too but not at that price.

Midfield and forward are very solid.

Very close to having my side settled i think (after 67 goes) but im choosing between two strategies.

Team 1 -
Backs: Goddard; Scotland; Deledio; Shaw; Broughton; Ellis; Darley; Bugg; Spurr;

Mids: Pendles; Ablett; Mitchell; Selwood; Miles; D. Smith; J. McDonald; Magner

Rucks: Giles; Redden; Big O; Jenkins

Forwards: Franklin; Fyfe; Chapman; Martin; Cloke; A. Kennedy; S. Kerridge; A.Hall; T. Dickson

Team 2 -
Backs: Goddard; Scotland; Deledio; Shaw; Hargrave (1)/Guthrie(2); Ellis; Darley; Bugg; Spurr;

Mids: Pendles; Ablett; Mitchell; Selwood; Miles; D. Smith; Ledger (1)/Caddy(2); Magner

Rucks: Mumford; Giles; Redden; Big O;

Forwards: Franklin; Fyfe; Chapman; Martin; Porps; A. Kennedy; Cameron; A.Hall; T. Dickson

Team 1 gives me 5 premiums in both attack and defence but no ruckman and no midpricers.

Team 2 gives me a Premium Ruck and 2 midpricers. Also a choice out of Guthrie & Caddy or Hargrave & Ledger.

Question is whether the score difference of Cloke & Broughton v Porps & Hargrave would make up for having no ruckman. I suppose barring injury it also means I burn 1 less trade to upgrade if I go with Cloke & Broughton.

Provided plenty of feedback earlier in this thread so im hoping someone can do the same.

Nothing above to rate but some feedback would be great thanks.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Malceski, Hargraves, Ellis, Spurr (Bugg, Wilkes)

M: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Shiel, Miles (Magner, Kerridge)

R: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Orrenssen)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Chapman, Dangerfield, D.Smith, Hall (Kennedy, Saad)

Everything except rookies locked in. Not sold on Saad, Hall, Miles, Wilkes Some alts would be appreciated.

I'm in the exact same predicament re to pick premium ruck or not. I think I like your second team better though. Not sold on Lake personally, I'd downgrade him and upgrade Malceski to a premium. Although if you think eski will be a premium like a lot do, then you have no problem. It is nice fitting in 1 extra premium by sacrificing a ruck though. I just hope it isn't like eating the forbidden fruit. I think Mummy is screaming out at me, Cox too but not at that price.

Midfield and forward are very solid.

Very close to having my side settled i think (after 67 goes) but im choosing between two strategies.

Team 1 -
Backs: Goddard; Scotland; Deledio; Shaw; Broughton; Ellis; Darley; Bugg; Spurr;

Mids: Pendles; Ablett; Mitchell; Selwood; Miles; D. Smith; J. McDonald; Magner

Rucks: Giles; Redden; Big O; Jenkins

Forwards: Franklin; Fyfe; Chapman; Martin; Cloke; A. Kennedy; S. Kerridge; A.Hall; T. Dickson

Team 2 -
Backs: Goddard; Scotland; Deledio; Shaw; Hargrave (1)/Guthrie(2); Ellis; Darley; Bugg; Spurr;

Mids: Pendles; Ablett; Mitchell; Selwood; Miles; D. Smith; Ledger (1)/Caddy(2); Magner

Rucks: Mumford; Giles; Redden; Big O;

Forwards: Franklin; Fyfe; Chapman; Martin; Porps; A. Kennedy; Cameron; A.Hall; T. Dickson

Team 1 gives me 5 premiums in both attack and defence but no ruckman and no midpricers.

Team 2 gives me a Premium Ruck and 2 midpricers. Also a choice out of Guthrie & Caddy or Hargrave & Ledger.

Question is whether the score difference of Cloke & Broughton v Porps & Hargrave would make up for having no ruckman. I suppose barring injury it also means I burn 1 less trade to upgrade if I go with Cloke & Broughton.

Provided plenty of feedback earlier in this thread so im hoping someone can do the same.

Sorry was nothing to rate when I fisrt started my post.:)

I think the all rookie ruck is too big a risk. Is Broughton or Shaw going to score as much as say a Mumford or Cox? I'd doubt it. The same with Cloke. Too many good mid/fwds to need to risk a key position forward like Cloke. Great player but as shown in the GF he can have games where he doesn't touch the ball for nearly a half.

Finally would steer clear of premium priced rookies like Caddy. Better options elsewhere IMO so would go with (1)

Nothing above to rate but some feedback would be great thanks.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Malceski, Hargraves, Ellis, Spurr (Bugg, Wilkes)

M: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Shiel, Miles (Magner, Kerridge)

R: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Orrenssen)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Chapman, Dangerfield, D.Smith, Hall (Kennedy, Saad)

Everything except rookies locked in. Not sold on Saad, Hall, Miles, Wilkes Some alts would be appreciated.

Not sure Lee Spurr has been promoted yet from the rookie list? Might have this wrong. For forward rooks have a look at small forward Gerrick Weedon from West Coast as they've lost both starting small forwards Le Cras and Nicoski for most of the season. Kerridge apparently is sub material at Adelaide but I guess at least he'll get game time. Overall you have a very good team there with a bit of tweaking to be done when those first teams are announced (apparently, which I didn't realise initially, there's a partial lock out allowing you to bring players in and out over the week between the first game of round one and the rest of them) and the rookies you have named are either in or out.

No love for Darley on here as a rookie def? I'm tossing up between he and Bugg; alot on here have Bugg but Darley looked just as impressive imo and his stats in the NEAFL last year were better than Buggs. Main reason/s for the Bugg love and none for Darley?

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No love for Darley on here as a rookie def? I'm tossing up between he and Bugg; alot on here have Bugg but Darley looked just as impressive imo and his stats in the NEAFL last year were better than Buggs. Main reason/s for the Bugg love and none for Darley?

Thanks.

Darley missed a few NAB cup games If I recall. Anyway I've currently got both but if it came down to it would probably go with Bugg.

My Team after 1000's of goes:

Backs:
Goddard Deledio Enright Malceski Lake Ellis Smedts. Bugg & Morris

Mids:
Ablett Selwood Fyfe Vince Parker D.Smith. C.Smith & Ledger

Rucks:
Cox Naitanui. Stephenson & Campbell

Fowards:
Franklin Pavlich Chapman Gray Tomlinson Cameron Kerridge. Weedon & Dellolio

Looks like it might need another 1000 goes to get right ;)

Lots of mid pricers, lots of rookies that won't play. I'd have another look at it

hey guys, will be my first year doing supercoach after many years of dreamteam only.
Hoping i can get some comments on my team and maybe some advice???

Backs:
Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Waters, Lake, Bugg, Morris (ellis, darley)
Mids:
Pendlebury, ablett, mitchell, r.palmer, gaff, mcdonald (kerridge, magner)
Rucks:
Jacobs, Hale (giles, stephenson)
Forwards:
Franklin, fyfe, martin, lewis, sidebottom, smith, saad (kennedy, couch)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

$228k in the bank.

Your DPP tactic is pointless tbh.

Heppel to you is a lock, so is Goddard and Deledio. So you wont be using the new feature barring serious injury.

As for the forwards same deal. you already have 4 keepers, Tomilson can only be changed for a DEF which is already strong. Dickson and Hall are not DPP and by the time Couch and Hampton make you some coin to change for a MID you could have already done it quicker with other sole MID rookies. Seems outrageously pointless theory to justify starting with a weak midfield which is where all the points are.

hey guys, will be my first year doing supercoach after many years of dreamteam only.
Hoping i can get some comments on my team and maybe some advice???

Backs:
Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Waters, Lake, Bugg, Morris (ellis, darley)
Mids:
Pendlebury, ablett, mitchell, r.palmer, gaff, mcdonald (kerridge, magner)
Rucks:
Jacobs, Hale (giles, stephenson)
Forwards:
Franklin, fyfe, martin, lewis, sidebottom, smith, saad (kennedy, couch)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

Hi Spuddage. Strong Fwds. Defence a little weak. I originally had Waters but went Malceski. May yet go back. No Goddard. Have been thinking that decided to set and forget.

Not convinced palmer will get back to his former glory. I'd be using palmer and Gaff to try and upgrade to a better midfleider and a rookie.

Lotsa Hawks premiums. Just check the byes that you wont cop too many donuts.

Here's my go
Would love some feedback. So much time, so little salary cap!

Goddard, B . Deledio, B Shaw, H Broughton, G Malceski, N Lake, B Clarke, M Ellis, B . Morris, S

Ablett, G Murphy, M Selwood, J Thompson, S . Miles, A . Ledger, T . McDonald, J . Magner, J

Mumford, S . Giles, J . Redden, J . Stephenson, O

Franklin, L . Fyfe, N . Martin, D. Dangerfield, P . Smith, D . Saad, A . Kennedy, A . Pfeiffer, D . Dickson, T

$55K left in the bank which i may use to upgrade Martin to Goodes or save for flexibility when we know what rookies are in and out for round 1.

Hey all, thoughts and advice on below team would be much apprecaited, in return i will rate the next 5 teams that go up, or if you want to PM me i will rate your team in return.

BACKS

GODDARD (PREMIUM)
DELEDIO (PREMIUM)
SHAW (PREMIUM)
BROUGHTON (PREMIUM)
LAKE (POTENTIAL PREMIUM OR UPGRADER)
ELLIS (CASH COW)
DARLEY (CASH COW)

(BUGG - CASH COW)
(MORRIS - CASH COW)

MIDS
ABLETT (PREMIUM)
BOYD (PREMIUM)
SELWOOD (PREMIUM)
MASTEN (BREAK OUT YEAR/M7?)
CONIGLO (CASH COW)
SHIEL (CASH COW)

(MACDONALD - CASH COW)
(MAGNER - CASH COW)

RUCKS
SANDILANDS (PREMIUM)
KREUZER (PREMIUM)

(GILES - CASH COW)
(REDDEN - CASH COW)

FWDS
FRANKLIN (PREMIUM)
FYFE (PREMIUM)
CHAPMAN (PREMIUM)
MARTIN (PREMIUM)
PORPLYZIA (LATE UPGRADER)
D.SMITH (CASH COW)
A.KENNEDY (CASH COW)

(HALL - CASH COW)
(CAMERON - CASH COW)

$84,000 LEFT IN THE BANK

• My theory was to go for at least 4 premiums in fwds and backs.
  • One risky e.g. Lake & Porp
  • Midfield was 3 premiums + one potential m7.....i have Masten but could swap back to Lenny Hayes if needs be? (would require me to downgrade Chapman to Jordan Lewis)
  • All rookies can be swapped pending teams being named.
  • Only going for league win, so byes aren't an issue.
Appreciate any feedback as i've changed my team so many times it's not funny!

Hi Spuddage. Strong Fwds. Defence a little weak. I originally had Waters but went Malceski. May yet go back. No Goddard. Have been thinking that decided to set and forget.

Not convinced palmer will get back to his former glory. I'd be using palmer and Gaff to try and upgrade to a better midfleider and a rookie.

Lotsa Hawks premiums. Just check the byes that you wont cop too many donuts.

Here's my go
Would love some feedback. So much time, so little salary cap!

Goddard, B . Deledio, B Shaw, H Broughton, G Malceski, N Lake, B Clarke, M Ellis, B . Morris, S

Ablett, G Murphy, M Selwood, J Thompson, S . Miles, A . Ledger, T . McDonald, J . Magner, J

Mumford, S . Giles, J . Redden, J . Stephenson, O

Franklin, L . Fyfe, N . Martin, D. Dangerfield, P . Smith, D . Saad, A . Kennedy, A . Pfeiffer, D . Dickson, T

$55K left in the bank which i may use to upgrade Martin to Goodes or save for flexibility when we know what rookies are in and out for round 1.

Ok besides you have every players first initials wrong here goes:

Backline: Strong, and if Lake can get back to form not much needed for completion.

Mids: 4 premiums which will score well can cover for your 4 rookies that will be earning you $$$$

Rucks: 1 premium 1 rookie structure may pay off, however only time will tell. Very popular tactic so heres hoping Giles can do a Z.Smith. Be wary of him being rested at times, and if anything happens to him you might be up the creek.

Forwards: 4 premiums similar to your backs but no mid-priced risks e.g Porps. All rookies should earn but be wary of the lack of forward downgrade targets throughout the season.

Overall solid tactic, just hope nothing happens to Giles.

Hey Guys after countless attempts to build my team this is that one im thinking of going with for round one.

BACKS

B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, T. Bugg, S. Morris

MIDS

Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Priddis, Wingard, Clifton, Legler, Magner

FORWARDS

Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Chapman, porplyzia, D. Smith, Couch, Treloar, Kerridge

RUCKS

Mumford, Giles, Reddon, Stehpenson

Bank 24k

Whats are people thoughts of strengths and weaknesses that could be improved? :confused:

of course happy to give advice to others :D

Hey Guys after countless attempts to build my team this is that one im thinking of going with for round one.

BACKS

B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, T. Bugg, S. Morris

MIDS

Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Priddis, Wingard, Clifton, Legler, Magner

FORWARDS

Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Chapman, porplyzia, D. Smith, Couch, Treloar, Kerridge

RUCKS

Mumford, Giles, Reddon, Stehpenson

Bank 24k

Whats are people thoughts of strengths and weaknesses that could be improved? :confused:

of course happy to give advice to others :D

Ditch Marty Clarke and get Sam Darley from GWS, use some of that to upgrade Wingard to Coniglio. Also i'd get Shiel in the mids instead of Clifton.

Feel free to give my team a rate from a few posts back!

Your DPP tactic is pointless tbh.

Heppel to you is a lock, so is Goddard and Deledio. So you wont be using the new feature barring serious injury.

As for the forwards same deal. you already have 4 keepers, Tomilson can only be changed for a DEF which is already strong. Dickson and Hall are not DPP and by the time Couch and Hampton make you some coin to change for a MID you could have already done it quicker with other sole MID rookies. Seems outrageously pointless theory to justify starting with a weak midfield which is where all the points are.

You do realise that "all the points" are equal based on last season if you spend your cash? If you have 4 mid locks and more fwd or back rookies then you still have as much scoring potential on the pitch. The difference is you just have more backline rookies, who I rate as being poor this season.

DPP means you can move DPP players, not that you have to trade in or out the DPP players.

I can use DPP however it might turn out. If Dickson scores quickly I can trade him out, move Smith forward, and get someone in the midfield. If a backline rookie is going well I can trade out a mid, move Goddard into the midfield and get the rookie in the backline. If I forward rookie is doing well I can trade out Ledger, move any of my fwd DPPs into the mid and get the forward guy.

Comments next to players:

BACKS

GODDARD (PREMIUM)
DELEDIO (PREMIUM)
SHAW (PREMIUM) - Will he play 22 games? He hasn't for a while.
BROUGHTON (PREMIUM) - I have him, but I'm unsure how he'll go once Barlow and Mundy are back in.
LAKE (POTENTIAL PREMIUM OR UPGRADER) - I had him, but I'm not sure. New coach as well as return from injury - he might not get the ball as much as he used to.
ELLIS (CASH COW) - I haven't been impressed with his scores, and I think he'll get even less of the footy in the real stuff.
DARLEY (CASH COW) - Will he play? Yet to see.

(BUGG - CASH COW) - Ok, should play enough.
(MORRIS - CASH COW) - Dunno.

MIDS
ABLETT (PREMIUM)
BOYD (PREMIUM)
SELWOOD (PREMIUM)
MASTEN (BREAK OUT YEAR/M7?) - Massive risk. I am not sold at all. Far too expensive for someone who might be a bust. Trade down Coniglo and use the extra cash to make this spot a genuine player.
CONIGLO (CASH COW) - Cheaper options around I think.
SHIEL (CASH COW) - Injured atm IIRC?

(MACDONALD - CASH COW) - Decent choice.
(MAGNER - CASH COW) - Injured, so wait and see.

RUCKS
SANDILANDS (PREMIUM)
KREUZER (PREMIUM) - This is a mistake. Just doesn't score enough for his price.

(GILES - CASH COW)
(REDDEN - CASH COW)

FWDS
FRANKLIN (PREMIUM)
FYFE (PREMIUM)
CHAPMAN (PREMIUM) - Not sure...
MARTIN (PREMIUM)
PORPLYZIA (LATE UPGRADER) - Expensive but possibly worth it. Have had him in and out of my side. Could fail or be one you need to have.
D.SMITH (CASH COW)
A.KENNEDY (CASH COW)

(HALL - CASH COW)
(CAMERON - CASH COW) - Not sold on his scoring potential, there are better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back