Game Day Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be prepared the Suns will run run run then run again if we are not getting first use of the pill we are going to have to play them tight without everyone getting sucked into the ball we need to also be able to leech onto their outside receivers.Cats in a close one but that's heart talking not head.

Like to se them have Mullin in at the center bounces, big body, good pace, worth a try I reckon.
His midfield debut last week was very encouraging.
His athletic profile is off the charts and he was super clean under extreme pressure - lot to like there.
Not many could be thrown in the deep end like that and arrest a rampaging bull like JHF - plus get the pill himself.
His pace and toughness could be a huge asset in our young MF group. :thumbsu:

His athletic profile is off the charts and he was super clean under extreme pressure - lot to like there.
Not many could be thrown in the deep end like that and arrest a rampaging bull like JHF - plus get the pill himself.
Very impressive game. Hopefully we will look back at Oisin's game on JHF as his 'break-out' game.

Mullin's physicality is great to watch. For someone who comes from a non-contact sport he relishes it.
I remember his debut game against the bulldogs where he was tackled and basically picked up the tackler and ran another ten metres before being pinged.
Or his bump on watson against the hawks this year, little f**ker went flying

Ironically, wouldn't be surprised if we have more Cats supporters there than Suns fans in Darwin. The Open Training run proved that, there was heaps of Cats fans there.

Geelong have a big following outside of Victoria, had a huge contingent in SA for Gather Round that it felt like our Home Game vs Doggies and Gabba was packed with Cats fans even in the torrential rain to the point that the last quarter id say we even it up and had just as many Cats fans as Lions fans up in QLD in the second half.

In the SA dark ages, before Adelaide and later Poort weeviled their way in, many supported Geelong, due to their regionality in part. Closest to them on the map. So a fair few kept that allegiance. Darwin kids just like us. and why wouldn't they choose a successful club with a history of indigenous players.

If you want to generalise, We have a contingent of Greek supporters due to their home flag, and Tiggs have Indians attracted by the tiger. Collingwood have been the smartest of the lot, recognising the value of new immigrants, and being generous to them accordingly.

Apparently the ball will be fine - bigger issue is dealing with sweaty palms

Hopefully they've packed sufficient number of wrist bands
They should all be allowed to wear whatever glove Cox has been wearing all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Itā€™s a ā€œlow expectations, hope to be pleasantly surprisedā€ kind of game.

Hope Neale shows enough for them to persist.

Thats exactly how i felt when i think Geel were 5-4 in the flag winning year 22 playing GWS at Canberra - i thought pre game GWS would win easily , but i was pleasantly surprised because the Cats won easily

However it is horses for courses and GWS have got a shocking record playing in Canberra where as the Suns ive read are 5-0 in Darwin , also read Hardwick has had his group in Darwin all week

This game tonight is all about getting the 4 pts thats it , i dont care if it is like the opening game of the 2011 season where Geel beat StK 6 goals to 5 in one of the all time worst games ever

Tonights game gives fringe Geelong players an outstanding opportunity to cement their place in the team by playing a great game when its needed - like now ( with all the A Graders missing

The key for Geelong , is get a great start , stay in front of them all the way , then no negative thoughts will come into their mind about how diabolical and taxing the weather is

Apparently the ball will be fine - bigger issue is dealing with sweaty palms

Hopefully they've packed sufficient number of wrist bands
The players trained dipping their hands in soapy water during drills (as opposed to Clarko's ill-conceived idea of dipping the ball in soapy water) so I'm not concerned about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back