Preview Rd 12 Geelong v Dish lickers Fri 3rd June 2022 750pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narkle is dusted as a league footballer. Doesn't work hard enough or want it enough.

Neale on principle I agree with giving debutants a 2nd week at least, he's unlucky IMO that we were never leaving Rohan out, nor should we and Stanley and
Blicavs combined can work over the Dogs rucks which is an even bigger weakness than for us. Given their midfield v ours we need our rucks doing well IMO.

Neale a bit stiff as Stanley in means Blitz can play as a mid and help negate Bont. Rohan provides the 3rd marking option in a game we would love to win.
Perhaps Neale comes over after the bye for the Budgies?

Dahlhaus almost certainly sub surely.

Evans will know he didn't grab his chance and that he's now behind the eight ball. He'll also know most Geelong fans have probably written him off. It's up to him to go back to the VFL and rip it up. It's not too late if he's good enough.

Oh, and there could be late changes, as there have been the last two weeks.

Hmm wouldn't mind Knevitt as sub or if we want to make sure we get a full game into him Dahl or Narkle
Will be narkle. Unless late change and he goes in the team then Mitch next in line

Rohan is an upgrade on Evans and Stanley is an upgrade on Neale

As much as i would love to see Neale stay in the changes make us a better side
And it isn’t a bad thing for the next bunch to have a stronger vfl team. Neale, Toby and dempsey and now Zane and Frank alongside Dal just gives them all a better chance of development. Actually excited to watch vfl as well!

All of those younger guys will get good chance in 2023 if they are good enough. Let’s have some fun watching them play in vfl.

Think dempsey will play more mid and wing now Zane and Frank (and Neale) back in vfl forward line. (Especially if Mitch held back for afl emergency) I am excited to watch that experiment play out

Surely they wouldn't make Narkle sit out two weeks in a row. He has to play VFL if he isn't in the 22.
I like your logic and if I was in charge would think the same. But gut tells me they have a pecking order and he will stay as sub (unless a late change and he is in team)

Narkle needs to actually play after not playing last week, and with the bye coming up.
Agree. That is what I would do (but I would have made him play vfl last week after not coming on as sub!). I am just saying what I think they will do. Hoping I am wrong as I would like to see him play in vfl

And it isn’t a bad thing for the next bunch to have a stronger vfl team. Neale, Toby and dempsey and now Zane and Frank alongside Dal just gives them all a better chance of development. Actually excited to watch vfl as well!

All of those younger guys will get good chance in 2023 if they are good enough. Let’s have some fun watching them play in vfl.

Think dempsey will play more mid and wing now Zane and Frank (and Neale) back in vfl forward line. (Especially if Mitch held back for afl emergency) I am excited to watch that experiment play out
Definitely think it's starting to hurt that Kroeger, Willis, and Whyte aren't out there developing alongside them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. That is what I would do (but I would have made him play vfl last week after not coming on as sub!). I am just saying what I think they will do. Hoping I am wrong as I would like to see him play in vfl
They likely held him over from last week's VFL so that he wouldn't have been playing off a 5-day break had he been included in the senior team tonight, or even as a late change tomorrow

Narkle hasn't played at any level since May 14 - he needs game time at one level or the other, not sitting on the sidelines for a month

I'm thinking Knevitt or Dahlhaus as sub

I doubt we'll see a KPP as the sub, and if Narkle is right to play then surely he gets a full game - either at VFL or as a late in for the seniors. Not sure it's beneficial for him to sit on the sidelines for another week

Dahl as sub against his old side i reckon.

Rohan back in the side for his 3 or 4 run downs
Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

And this is Gary Rohan when it's finals time

I think it's the right call putting some games into Neale out of contract end of year and I think would seriously consider going back west if left sitting in the reserves without the odd call up.We still might have to be lucky to hang on to the kid.
The only way any player can improve is by playing.
Even Kolo improved by playing... though it took years.
The problem is, games provided to kids are limited.
First they need to have size, speed or skill to impress in the VFL
If given the chance at AFL, they must show their talent quickly.
Neale has the physical attributes to make it at AFL level
He reminds me of Saint, Max King's early years.
Getting his hands on the ball, but unable to hang on it it.
Often a rookie mistake is waiting for the ball to drop into their soft hands.
At AFL, when a contested mark is grabbed, it sounds like a fist smacking the palm.
Unlike slim players, big blokes often have not yet needed to work on their body use.
AFL is a whole new level of strength and speed, and takes time for talented kids to adapt.

Beating Doggies on their home deck after they've found their form would be a genuine scalp. 8-4 going into the bye has us (temporarily) in the top 4, whereas 7-5 and we might even fall out of the 8 next weekend.

Every week is "big" but having finally achieved consecutive wins this would signify a solid shift in momentum going into the second half of the season.

I don't necessarily agree that Geelong have to break even in the midfield to win. WB have had a bunch of games with dominant midfield numbers where they still lost. More important will be a strong defensive performance and our forwards showing their obvious class. It could be a match where the Cats win despite losing clearances, contested possessions and inside 50s. We can't afford a massacre in those areas of course but the Dogs have weaknesses elsewhere.

Neale a bit stiff as Stanley in means Blitz can play as a mid and help negate Bont. Rohan provides the 3rd marking option in a game we would love to win.
Perhaps Neale comes over after the bye for the Budgies?

The right changes for this week tactically. Neale will play again in the run home as he should but rohan and stanley are needed this week.

Game day beeeeches

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back