Game Day Rd 12 Geelong v Dish lickers Fri 3rd June 2022 750pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go…

Last one before the bye…

Added Stanley and Rohan.. lost Neale and Evans

Hardest test of this block of 4 games IMO.
Will be much better 8-4 than 7-5.
Gonna need the MF to be on point all game on… no lapses and no waiting for someone else to do the work.
If we win the MF… I expect we win the game as our Forwards should cover their backs.
It’s gonna be great watching our back 6 and their forward 6.. especially Naughton and SDK in some 1 on 1 stuff.

Hard fast deck with their home game… we should be the underdogs. Let’s hope we be over the dogs when it matters

Go Catters

If it was at GMHBA I would’ve been so confident.

Could go either way on their fast deck which we infamously don’t play well at.

Jezza to kick 2, Hawk to kick 3, Stew to rack it up.

Happy game day!
Really keen to see our younger mids hit the dogs mid hard with a lot of crunching tackles, get Atkins in there alongside Parfitt and Stephens and make them think twice about cute handballs to each other
Stanley and Blics should match up well against English, huge game for them
Smith seems to have dropped off a little of late, need him back to his running best on this ground to help set things up
Of course also excited to see DeKoning in another big match up

If it was at GMHBA I would’ve been so confident.

Could go either way on their fast deck which we infamously don’t play well at.

Jezza to kick 2, Hawk to kick 3, Stew to rack it up.
Fun fact: Geelong has easily the best record at Docklands of any side ever.

I’d love to have seen Neale get another game. And I’m not really keen on seeing Rohan in the team.
But despite his faults Stanley in improves the team.

I’m not sure what the stats say but Neale didn’t seem to spend a lot of time in the ruck. He doesn’t spend a lot of time there at vfl level either. I think he needs to bring those numbers up for the role he would play in the afl team. With two key forwards in the team already who don’t ruck around the ground he needs to provide something there.

The impact of Rohan or lack of is probably not felt as much with Stengle and other more advanced forwards in our team now. Can’t really argue that Evans was doing much to keep Rohan out.

Going to be a big game, maybe we can break even in the midfield through some defensive pressure from players like Atkins and O’Connor.
We have them covered across the rest of the ground.

Small sample size though given how rarely we play there compared to some teams and who we play. Still surprises me though.
Rarely (relative to others) being a bad side since its inception probably helps. Docklands home teams have had some barren runs.

You could nail us down for one or two shockers there a year but they probably feel like worse losses because they've been against (largely) average teams.

I'd say we've had more trouble at the G over the same period, well definitely since the last flag.

Said it before the Saints game and will say it again now, as it applies more than ever. This is the tipping point game for top 4 chances. Lose and we will still make finals, but will be 6-8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need good Staley today more than ever.

Getting first use for our MF will be critical. If he drops his head early and misses a few things... ugh the thoughts.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d love to have seen Neale get another game. And I’m not really keen on seeing Rohan in the team.

I’m not sure what the stats say but Neale didn’t seem to spend a lot of time in the ruck. He doesn’t spend a lot of time there at vfl level either. I think he needs to bring those numbers up for the role he would play in the afl team. With two key forwards in the team already who don’t ruck around the ground he needs to provide something there.

The impact of Rohan or lack of is probably not felt as much with Stengle and other more advanced forwards in our team now. Can’t really argue that Evans was doing much to keep Rohan out.

Going to be a big game, maybe we can break even in the midfield through some defensive pressure from players like Atkins and O’Connor.
I wouldn't be too quick to throw too much ruck work Neales way. Give him a few years as a forward with the odd pinch hit

We need good Staley today more than ever.

Getting first use for our MF will be critical. If he drops his head early and misses a few things... ugh the thoughts.

GO Catters
We definitely don't want Stanley to be stale

Said it before the Saints game and will say it again now, as it applies more than ever. This is the tipping point game for top 4 chances. Lose and we will still make finals, but will be 6-8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we don't win this game i think your right, it will be a close game i am on the fence on this one, as you just never no what Cats side is running out anymore.

Been down about our chances here for a month. Haven't been able to see us halving their clearance advantage.

Today I woke up with a good feeling about it, no specific reason, just getting a vibe that we're in this.

Cats by 12
I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Let's hope we don't lose our paddles.

They are slowly building Neale in the ruck and that's a good thing no rush for a 20yr old

Small sample size though given how rarely we play there compared to some teams and who we play. Still surprises me though.
100 games is not a small sample size.

Would be good to narrow that scope from all recorded history to just games relevant to this playing group but unfortunately it's not a big enough sample size
Yes, it’s anomalous how little we’ve played there in recent years.

2022 - 0W 1L
2021 - 1W 0L
2020 - 0 games
2019 - 1W 1L
2018 - 1L

A 2-3 record in five years isn’t a good one but it’s also not a sample size on which to judge anything. By way of contrast, we have played at Adelaide Oval nine times in that period (4W 5L).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back