Preview Rd 12 Geelong v Dish lickers Fri 3rd June 2022 750pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In answer to Vdubs re next flag: I was 16 and at the MCG when we won in 1963. Little did I think I'd be waiting 44 years to see us win again!

Being realistic it's entirely possible that no-one on the current list will play in our next flag team.

The only way to change that is to get some top 10 picks and use them wisely: we have been good at finding hidden gems but we need an injection of elite young talent.

And how do we do that?.... we all know the answer: finish bottom 6, hard though that may be too accept.

Is Scott taking inspiration from this weeks training facilities and going with a team of giants for Friday night? ;)

Didn’t he say Stanley was “likely” two weeks ago and then last week? I suppose at some stage it will be true. Maybe this week?

Anything about Narkle? Strange he didn’t play vfl on sunday after been named sub on Saturday

In answer to Vdubs re next flag: I was 16 and at the MCG when we won in 1963. Little did I think I'd be waiting 44 years to see us win again!

Being realistic it's entirely possible that no-one on the current list will play in our next flag team.

The only way to change that is to get some top 10 picks and use them wisely: we have been good at finding hidden gems but we need an injection of elite young talent.

And how do we do that?.... we all know the answer: finish bottom 6, hard though that may be too accept.
I would rather the frustration of watching us lose prelims repeatedly than deal with years - potentially decades - of suffering like St Kilda, North, Carlton have.

I think Geelong need more output from the midfield currently, but the back six and forward six look pretty good for a while. Truly don't think the only way to win a premiership - nor the only way to get good talent - is to bottom out.

Narkle is frustrating, looks good at AFL level but he coasts a bit and he gets injured easily. I'd love to see him pull a finger out and show what he's got but I won't hold my breath waiting.

With Stanley back, I could see Blicavs starting in the centre square as a midfielder. We will be more defensively positioned at these stoppages than ever before. Limit damage in the midfield and win everywhere else.

Blicavs is winning more ball than he ever has before so even though it hasn’t worked in the past I think worth another try.

He would be a big body to block Bont etc.

We might get him to tag bont actually.

Didn’t he say Stanley was “likely” two weeks ago and then last week? I suppose at some stage it will be true. Maybe this week?

Anything about Narkle? Strange he didn’t play vfl on sunday after been named sub on Saturday

I did think narkle not playing vfl.after being an unused sub was odd unless they just wanted to hold a player or two over for this friday night.

I did think narkle not playing vfl.after being an unused sub was odd unless they just wanted to hold a player or two over for this friday night.
That might make sense - not wanting him to have a 5 day break. But that would mean he is likely to be picked this Friday? no mention of him today at press conference…

This has zero relevance to the post you're replying to.

I've got more than that wrong over the journey.

Mate, it wasn’t a dig. Although I guess you could read it that way.

It is relevant because you pointed out people judging a player after 3 games.

I only (kind of) remembered your post because I posted something about DeKoning looking good at the time and you posted negative. And I thought ‘hmm, I might have something wrong’.

So I just did a search of SDK with your name and the quotes came up.

There’s nothing wrong with opinions. But gee, 3 games is too early to condemn.

Fwiw I haven’t seen Stephen’s at afl level yet.
But his pre draft stuff reminded me of Corey.

Mate, if you're 75, then you shouldn't be promoting any sort of bottoming out and rebuilding. You should be hoping that the Cats keep going for flags every single year going forward.

Mate, if you're 75, then you shouldn't be promoting any sort of bottoming out and rebuilding. You should be hoping that the Cats keep going for flags every single year going forward.
He is obviously putting the potential greater goals of the club above his own personal gratification. ( dubious if you just count making up numbers in finals)
A laudable attitude and one that perhaps has been absent from our planning in recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is obviously putting the potential greater goals of the club above his own personal gratification. ( dubious if you just count making up numbers in finals)
A laudable attitude and one that perhaps has been absent from our planning in recent years.
As I’ve said before - you don’t know you’re making the numbers until the season is over. As such, you try to win a premiership every time you start a season.

Only teams full of youth and bereft of A grade talent can predict that they won’t be in the 8 at the end of the season.

If you assume that you’re not good enough and tank a season to get draft picks then you’ve tainted your team with a loser mentality and will likely not win anything anytime soon.

also Emma standing there going "like duck you are leaving me with the 2 kids alone again for 5 hours to do a 7 min interview being 5 months preggo.

I see that just as likely.

GO Catters
Smart man to stay home in that situation young Thomas 👌

Interesting. Is the fact that we don’t normally play well at marvel over riding the Fact we have a better forward and back line then them? Therefore we have the higher odds?
Getting punished on clearances on a fast deck is no way to live your life. It's a nightmare combination for us

Yikes.

I really don’t rate our chances at all.
If you were to choose a good midfield muting up a bad forward line or a bad midfield hitting up a good forward line at this stadium then I think the choice is pretty clear.

We're not completely out of it but it's equally likely to get ugly.

If you were to choose a good midfield muting up a bad forward line or a bad midfield hitting up a good forward line at this stadium then I think the choice is pretty clear.

Nah, it’s a coin flip.

Yep agree buton the flip side if we break even in midfield and inside 50s we win astheir defence is poor.risk-reward.

Actually I'm 76 and happy to see us bottom out for a couple of years. The second best thing to winning flags is watching young talent enter the club and seeing them develop in to A-graders.

We just have to face it: despite getting Dangerfield back and now Cameron - not to mention Rohan, Higgins, Dal - we've fallen short. Elite young talent is needed asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back