Preview Rd 12 Geelong v Dish lickers Fri 3rd June 2022 750pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bow in admiration to all 84 year old mothers, no matter how many books they read.

Many a club has wasted their top 5 or top 10 picks. The Tigers famously, and the Demons for years until they got it right.

But the stats show that top 5 picks are by far the most likely to play 200 games and it goes down rapidly after that.
You'd think Wells and co would struggle to waste all of 3 picks even in the top 20. To win a flag you need many more A-graders in your team than we have seen in a Cats jumper since 2011.
Speaking of A graders in Cat's jumpers over our premiership years... draft position was not the reason for them becoming A-graders. Only Selwood, Bartel and Hawkins would have and could have been drafted highly.

The rest, Johnson, Ablett, Scarlett, Chapman, Taylor and others.. they became A graders through development and being part of a strong culture and winning club.

Currently, Stewart, Henry, Close, SDK, Stengle, are or have potential to be A-graders. None were drafted in the top 5.

This club drives me mad sometimes.
All sensible changes.

Narkle. Not up to it. Evans. Not up to it. Neale. Was always likely to be the one squeezed out with Rohan and Stanley to return.

Round 12 Team​

INS: Gary Rohan, Rhys Stanley

OUTS: Shannon Neale (omitted), Francis Evans (omitted)

BacksTom StewartSam De KoningTom Atkins
Half BacksJake KolodjashnijMark BlicavsZach Guthrie
CentrelineMitch DuncanCameron GuthrieIsaac Smith
Half ForwardsGryan MiersJeremy CameronGary Rohan
ForwardsBrad CloseTom HawkinsTyson Stengle
FollowersRhys StanleyBrandan ParfittJoel Selwood
InterchangeJed BewsMark O'ConnorCooper Stephens
Zach Tuohy
EmergenciesQuinton NarkleMitch KnevittLuke Dahlhaus
Shannon Neale

All sensible changes.

Narkle. Not up to it. Evans. Not up to it. Neale. Was always likely to be the one squeezed out with Rohan and Stanley to return.

Narkle- hard to say. The games he has played have been serviceable.
Evans- agreed
Neale- 50/50, always think we should be giving younger players back to back games.

Narkle- hard to say. The games he has played have been serviceable.
Evans- agreed
Neale- 50/50, always think we should be giving younger players back to back games.
Narkle is dusted as a league footballer. Doesn't work hard enough or want it enough.

Neale on principle I agree with giving debutants a 2nd week at least, he's unlucky IMO that we were never leaving Rohan out, nor should we and Stanley and
Blicavs combined can work over the Dogs rucks which is an even bigger weakness than for us. Given their midfield v ours we need our rucks doing well IMO.

Re A-graders, of course they weren't all A-graders when they were drafted - Stevie and co - : very few players are. The point is you need plenty to win flags.

And of course if we want Stephens and Dempsey and co to become A-graders we'll need to keep playing them. The team just announced is rather backward-looking in my humble, but, as they say, what can you do....?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club again looking at the now and not the future I'd have hoped for another game into the younger pair going into the bye.
Neale is somewhat unlucky, but something of an understandable call with both Rohan & Stanley being available & not missing another tall - like Cameron or Hawkins

As for Evans, not sure he's necessarily the future - think it's likely he was always close to being the first out for tomorrow night

Round 12 Team​

INS: Gary Rohan, Rhys Stanley

OUTS: Shannon Neale (omitted), Francis Evans (omitted)

BacksTom StewartSam De KoningTom Atkins
Half BacksJake KolodjashnijMark BlicavsZach Guthrie
CentrelineMitch DuncanCameron GuthrieIsaac Smith
Half ForwardsGryan MiersJeremy CameronGary Rohan
ForwardsBrad CloseTom HawkinsTyson Stengle
FollowersRhys StanleyBrandan ParfittJoel Selwood
InterchangeJed BewsMark O'ConnorCooper Stephens
Zach Tuohy
EmergenciesQuinton NarkleMitch KnevittLuke Dahlhaus
Shannon Neale

Hawkins or cameron vs gardner looks great for us if we can get the ball there.

Excuse my negativity but I think everything has to go right for us to have a chance.. they clearly have a better midfield.. they could either smash us or we make it a slog and somehow stay in the game and get lucky at the end. At least we have Rhys Stanley back in the team, what a relief that is...........

Rohan back in the side for his 3 or 4 run downs

If any of them lead to a goal or two from the turnovers then that could decide the match. Genuinely think it'll be that close that a one percenter could determine the outcome.

Neale is somewhat unlucky, but something of an understandable call with both Rohan & Stanley being available & not missing another tall - like Cameron or Hawkins

As for Evans, not sure he's necessarily the future - think it's likely he was always close to being the first out for tomorrow night
Fair call on Evans.

Hmm wouldn't mind Knevitt as sub or if we want to make sure we get a full game into him Dahl or Narkle
I'm thinking Knevitt or Dahlhaus as sub

I doubt we'll see a KPP as the sub, and if Narkle is right to play then surely he gets a full game - either at VFL or as a late in for the seniors. Not sure it's beneficial for him to sit on the sidelines for another week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back