Preview Rd 12 Geelong v Dish lickers Fri 3rd June 2022 750pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meat tray:

In: Stanley, Rohan
Out: Evans, Kolo (inj)

They'd likely list Kolodjashnij as "managed" which would be correct this week if they're managing his injury

That could also mean a positional shift of Blicavs to defence with Neale as ruck support - similar set up to earlier this year and good chunks of recent seasons where Ratugolea was the third tall/ruck support

They'd likely list Kolodjashnij as "managed" which would be correct this week if they're managing his injury

That could also mean a positional shift of Blicavs to defence with Neale as ruck support - similar set up to earlier this year and good chunks of recent seasons where Ratugolea was the third tall/ruck support
I hope Neale gets another go. He didn’t look out of place and was close to holding some big marks.

“I’m tracking really well,” Holmes said.

“I’m a bit ahead of schedule right now so hopefully, I’m running now, get back into footy stuff next week and then try and get back after the bye.”

Pressed on whether that meant he’ll be making the trip to Perth in Round 14, Holmes was circumspect.

“I’ll be ready to play by then but I don’t know what my chances of AFL v VFL are. I’ll just go with whatever the coaches say."

“But I am kicking footy’s around now.”

Holmes looking to play AFL/VFL immediately after our bye.

Actually I'm 76 and happy to see us bottom out for a couple of years. The second best thing to winning flags is watching young talent enter the club and seeing them develop in to A-graders.

We just have to face it: despite getting Dangerfield back and now Cameron - not to mention Rohan, Higgins, Dal - we've fallen short. Elite young talent is needed asap.
Hold on there young fella, not all of us have all the time in the world that you do to watch our elite young talent get belted week after week, then lose heart and finally get poached by teams who have a strong core of senior members who are challenging for the premiership year after year.

Last edited:
Not so much time - 3 grandkids who I look after regularly, daily walk, pilates once a week, chaste kiss for the wife from time to time, cooking, drinking, reading a book a week and writing nonsense on here from time to time.

Plus the odd stress-free September isn't so bad, especially knowing that one's elite young talent is girding its loins for the next season.

Exactly my thinking with better technical clarity on categories

Interesting. Is the fact that we don’t normally play well at marvel over riding the Fact we have a better forward and back line then them? Therefore we have the higher odds?

This is how I see the game.

We have a better far better forward line than their defence can handle, and our backline should at least match their forwards, if not best them.

The problem is they have a midfield full of stars, and we have one of the most middling midfields in the league. It's not bad, but it's certainly not great. If we can make the most of our entries, we win. If we can't, we lose.

I can see three possible outcomes:
  • Close win
  • Close loss
  • Massive win

Meat tray:

In: Stanley, Rohan
Out: Evans, Kolo (inj)
This is my expected changes too, but honestly I hope it's Kolo and Evans out for Rohan and Dahla.

I think there's two benefits of keeping Rhys out. 1) means we can use Blitz as effectively a tagger on English, and when he goes forward he has an AA defender on him. 2) gives Rhys two more weeks to get his body right, because he started the season in near on career best form, and I would love to see him fully fit, not just mostly fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes 50 a year. A book is a good companion after our annual September flogging.

Now tonight I expect to see Evans omitted and maybe Kolo managed. Dempsey would be a great inclusion but i expect we'll see Rohan and Stanley.

Yes 50 a year. A book is a good companion after our annual September flogging.

Now tonight I expect to see Evans omitted and maybe Kolo managed. Dempsey would be a great inclusion but i expect we'll see Rohan and Stanley.

My mum has you covered by a long, long way.

She’s 84. She was reading 3-5 a week.
And has for 40 years.
Not sure if she’s dropped off a bit.

And btw, no, we don’t want to hit the bottom for a few years.
3 picks inside the top 5 does not save your club.
Ask Carlton.

Dalhaus to play is my bet. He was in the training gallery pics the other day. Neale was last week so I reckon it's on.

Much and all as I'd prefer Dal to stay in the twos and mentor them, he has earned a recall.

I bow in admiration to all 84 year old mothers, no matter how many books they read.

Many a club has wasted their top 5 or top 10 picks. The Tigers famously, and the Demons for years until they got it right.

But the stats show that top 5 picks are by far the most likely to play 200 games and it goes down rapidly after that.
You'd think Wells and co would struggle to waste all of 3 picks even in the top 20. To win a flag you need many more A-graders in your team than we have seen in a Cats jumper since 2011.

Fatality at South Kensington - anything that runs through there will be affected.

Sunbury, Werribee, Williamstown, Bendigo, ballard, Geelong's will all be affected.

My mate is a train driver and I missed the message. As of 2 hrs ago he said he isn't sure when they'll be running again and to think about planning ahead for footy tomorrow night just In case. 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back