Preview Rd 12 Geelong v Dish lickers Fri 3rd June 2022 750pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some here are looking forward to the return of Holmes, Menegola, Rohan, Stanley, Danger and Henry. Oh and Esava. Only Holmes and Henry are chances to play in our next flag team.

So who goes out when and if all these players are to return to AFL?
When do you anticipate our next serious assault on a flag will be?
If Henry is a chance, so would Sav? Or do you suggest Sav will be off our list? They are almost the same age,

Likely true but TBH this smacks of poster tracking (I'm sure there is another term - ghosting? FIIK).

I reckon all of us on here have posted stuff that 1) doesn't stand up in the cold (and generally sober), hard light of day, and 2) in retrospect we would not have posted cos it was just a crap post (either uniformed, ill considered or deliberately provocative).

Posters have tracked/ghosted me a couple of times and frankly I find it a bit odd.

To each their own.
Not always. Some calls just stick in your mind.

#Jansen200

Likely true but TBH this smacks of poster tracking (I'm sure there is another term - ghosting? FIIK).

I reckon all of us on here have posted stuff that 1) doesn't stand up in the cold (and generally sober), hard light of day, and 2) in retrospect we would not have posted cos it was just a crap post (either uniformed, ill considered or deliberately provocative).

Posters have tracked/ghosted me a couple of times and frankly I find it a bit odd.

To each their own.
Could mean they greatly respect and appreciate your posts, otherwise, why bother?

Last edited:

When do you anticipate our next serious assault on a flag will be?
If Henry is a chance, so would Sav? Or do you suggest Sav will be off our list? They are almost the same age,
Esava is past the "has potential stage' and needs to go to another level. Early in his career he was more mobile and was clunking some marks. He might have even gone backwards. The badly broken ankle in May 2018 would have shaken his confidence but he played 20 games in 2019. He doesn't seem to have the engine to do ruckwork, but has been forced to do a lot of that in recent years. I don't have the answer but it would be a waste if he ends up back at VFL level.

No one can get everything right.

For instance you said in April (round 4) that SDK isn’t up to being a key defender.

You doubled down a couple of times through that month. Including this.

‘SDK is far too timid and will never have enough aggression to be a successful key back’
This has zero relevance to the post you're replying to.

I've got more than that wrong over the journey.

Esava is a forward bull in the mould of Tom Hawkins his problem is we have Tom Hawkins, so we play him out of position.

Esava is a forward bull in the mould of Tom Hawkins his problem is we have Tom Hawkins, so we play him out of position.
If that is the role we want Sav to play put him the 2s to play it until he forces Hawkins out or he needs a rest as we can't afford him spudding it up in a different role week in and week out.

I actually think it would do Sav a world of good to go back to the VFL play as FF and put together a body of work that gives him confidence like Neale has done this year.

If that is the role we want Sav to play put him the 2s to play it until he forces Hawkins out or he needs a rest as we can't afford him spudding it up in a different role week in and week out.

I actually think it would do Sav a world of good to go back to the VFL play as FF and put together a body of work that gives him confidence like Neale has done this year.
I still wanted to find out is it the same leg he broke, He was named in the side the next week then pulled out then had a month off then had a op,

I think they play different rolls. Esava is required to be that marking bull. Hawkins is a more one on one marking forward. I cannot think of many pack marks Hawkins has taken this year. Neil is the future and will be a great fit.

Someone on FB asked a question about the likelihood of Stewart winning the Brownlow to which I said, don't see him winning & doubt he'll be the highest polling Cat which started a mini debate with someone else
Had a similar conversation about Ken Hinkley in early 90s. Ended up coming third. Similar roles.
Hinkley also got exposed when made accountable, but a wonderful roaming intercept defender.
Too much midfield talent around these days pulling votes, and as you say, he is prone to being exposed by better coaching strategies.

I know not many here will be happy to hear it, but after back to back best on ground performances from Dahla, he has to come in, and probably for Evans.

There were a few things Evans did that I really liked - particularly the lookaway handball that resulted in Miers first goal, but he goes missing too often to justify keeping him in when Dahla and Dempsey are beating down the door.

Hell maybe Dahl can give Miers some tips on how to transition out of dreadlocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Scott taking inspiration from this weeks training facilities and going with a team of giants for Friday night? ;)

Could be very deliberate to test Doggies backline. Keath going to struggle against Hawk and Jez regardless, let alone if we play even taller.

Puts the onus on our midfield for sure.

I can also see Kolo rested and Blitz headed back to defence to cover for him. Gives Kolo two weeks to recover from the knock he copped on Saturday.

Or are we going to see one of our other talls rested perhaps?
Is there any chance Tom Hawkins may have this lovely illness going around at the moment?

I noticed he was on 360 last night and seemed fine but was there via the TV and not there in person.

Obviously I’m being optimistic but thought it was a bit odd.

Is there any chance Tom Hawkins may have this lovely illness going around at the moment?

I noticed he was on 360 last night and seemed fine but was there via the TV and not there in person.

Obviously I’m being optimistic but thought it was a bit odd.
said his car would not start with the weather so phoned it in.

SDK the same.

Not reading much into that TBH

And honestly.. driving 60 mins up and 60 back, hangout our 2 hrs prior and then 60 mins for the taping... id be staying at home too for 7 mins of on screen time.

GO Catters

With Stanley back, I could see Blicavs starting in the centre square as a midfielder. We will be more defensively positioned at these stoppages than ever before. Limit damage in the midfield and win everywhere else.

Blicavs is winning more ball than he ever has before so even though it hasn’t worked in the past I think worth another try.

He would be a big body to block Bont etc.

SDK the same.

And honestly.. driving 60 mins up and 60 back, hangout our 2 hrs prior and then 60 mins for the taping... id be staying at home too for 7 mins of on screen time.

GO Catters
I can’t imagine driving that far to deal with Gerard and Robbo would be enticing either haha.

Cheers and GL.

With Stanley back, I could see Blicavs starting in the centre square as a midfielder. We will be more defensively positioned at these stoppages than ever before. Limit damage in the midfield and win everywhere else.

Blicavs is winning more ball than he ever has before so even though it hasn’t worked in the past I think worth another try.

He would be a big body to block Bont etc.

Blicavs on Bont would be a really interesting match up. I remember Blitz played a great role on Pendlebury a number of years ago.

SDK the same.

GO Catters
I can't imagine Tom owning just this there would be a 4x4 somewhere too.
8eed9da4d8735202917e82d57293169a

I can't imagine Tom owning just this there would be a 4x4 somewhere too.
8eed9da4d8735202917e82d57293169a
also Emma standing there going "like * you are leaving me with the 2 kids alone again for 5 hours to do a 7 min interview being 5 months preggo.

I see that just as likely.

GO Catters

also Emma standing there going "like duck you are leaving me with the 2 kids alone again for 5 hours to do a 7 min interview being 5 months preggo.

I see that just as likely.

GO Catters

Reckon it's closer to 8 months now! It does remind me that in July, both Tom and Issie have children due, so we will need to prepare for the possibility that they may miss matches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back