Preview Rd 18, 2014 - Brisbane Lions vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Crisp really steps up. He may not get many more chances if he's average in this game.

Especially after being out of the seniors for so long he might have trouble getting into the game. More so if he's the sub

I can understand them making him sub, but I hope they don't for this reason. Needs to have a good run and get involved. Whenever he comes into the seniors he seems to have trouble getting his hands on the ball which is odd as, like you said, his inside work is strong. Has been kicking goals in the NEAFL recently so I hope he can bring that over a bit. Keen to see how he goes.

Any of the ressies watchers know if he's bulked up much? Is a good height so could be a bit of a unit.

Call me paranoid, but im drawing a line between talk of Paps back to WA and him not being selected, following Leppas comments of not putting games into guys who are leaving.

Call me paranoid, but im drawing a line between talk of Paps back to WA and him not being selected, following Leppas comments of not putting games into guys who are leaving.

I wouldn't be too worried yet. I think Leppa wants to have a look at a few fringe players like Crisp and we'll see some of them in the team over the last few rounds. Paparone's form recently has been pretty ordinary and he's just the bunny that has to make room.

You are paranoid.

This chicken little/flock of sheep attitude round this place about players leaving is doing my head in. Every thread is full of panic attacks - player X was not wearing a I love Brisbane t-shirt, so he must be off.

Paps has run out of steam in the last few weeks, & Leppa wanted a look at Crisp so some-one had to make way. End of story.

edit :RB beat me to it.

I wouldn't be too worried yet. I think Leppa wants to have a look at a few fringe players like Crisp and we'll see some of them in the team over the last few rounds. Paparone's form recently has been pretty ordinary and he's just the bunny that has to make room.

It could also just be a taper down after a pretty punishing season. He has been called on to do a hell of a lot of running this year, and while he's done really well IMO, this could just be managing the physical load on a young player. We haven't seen a huge amount of that yet for obvious reasons, but Leppa did talk about doing it earlier on in the season.

You are paranoid.

This chicken little/flock of sheep attitude round this place about players leaving is doing my head in. Every thread is full of panic attacks - player X was not wearing a I love Brisbane t-shirt, so he must be off.

Paps has run out of steam in the last few weeks, & Leppa wanted a look at Crisp so some-one had to make way. End of story.

edit :RB beat me to it.

I don't think it is paranoia. I think we have very good reason to be nervous about players leaving right now.

Maybe a better parable than chicken little is the boy who cried wolf. The sheep actually did end up getting eaten at the end of that story.

was thinking the exact same thing. didnt want to say it because I knew id get shot down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was thinking the exact same thing. didnt want to say it because I knew id get shot down
think ya just did... lol

Great preview POBT - and reflects the importance of this Qclash!

I'm flying up for this one, not specifically for the anticipated hard at the ball all night contest but predominately as a BigFooty paid sniper to ensure jackess doesn't get to see the game 'live'. :cool:

But seriously... should be a ripper - the 'strops' wanting to prove they can win a game without Ablett and go on to play finals and the Lions to prove the GCS are still not at an AFL finals level. As they say in the classics, it should be a cracker and I think this game will be the 'coming of age' of the Qclashes - a bone jarring less than a goal win to our mighty Lions that will help clear away the disappointment of fairly ordinary results orientated season.

GO LIONS!!! by 3points.

On Paparone, many have been critical this year for Leppa going to tall at selection, and considering how the Suns absolutely spanked us at ground level earlier in the year, I am more than okay with us dropping a tall to bolster the midfield.

Paps with only the 2 possessions as a sub in the last game...time for a rest. May have been given extra time in WA too with his father ill :thumbsu:

Hey Lions fans , so is Michael Close rucking just in the forward line or is getting around the ground a bit .
Hope you guys get up against the suns this week , have seen a lot of your games this season and besides a few shockers the effort and game style has been very enjoyable to watch .

think ya just did... lol

Great preview POBT - and reflects the importance of this Qclash!

I'm flying up for this one, not specifically for the anticipated hard at the ball all night contest but predominately as a BigFooty paid sniper to ensure jackess doesn't get to see the game 'live'. :cool:

But seriously... should be a ripper - the 'strops' wanting to prove they can win a game without Ablett and go on to play finals and the Lions to prove the GCS are still not at an AFL finals level. As they say in the classics, it should be a cracker and I think this game will be the 'coming of age' of the Qclashes - a bone jarring less than a goal win to our mighty Lions that will help clear away the disappointment of fairly ordinary results orientated season.

GO LIONS!!! by 3points.

I dislocated my shoulder Wednesday night but that won't stop me. So you'll have to step things up.

Not sure I should post that I may be in a sling tomorrow. Might make me an easy target.

I dislocated my shoulder Wednesday night but that won't stop me. So you'll have to step things up.

Not sure I should post that I may be in a sling tomorrow. Might make me an easy target.
Wednesday must have been an amateur? It's the 'real-deal' on Saturday! ;)

For those reading this on face value - WRONG [I also know where jackess is staying]..... :D

Wednesday must have been an amateur? It's the 'real-deal' on Saturday! ;)

For those reading this on face value - WRONG [I also know where jackess is staying]..... :D

Now that I think of it the last game I went to before this season was last year when Merrett broke his leg. Maybe I am cursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back