Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Petrie won that contest. Sam wanted the behind, Petrie seemed to want to take it over for a throw in and have a chance at a goal rather than get a point and give up possession.

Either scenario is a loss for Petrie after Rowe made him fumble the mark and didn't allow a shot at goal from 5 metres out.

Expected a stronger response by Swallow who is an inside player and their captain.

Reckon Dylan Buckley would have remonstrated and given White some lip in that exchange. :cool:

Swallow cacked himself .. Afterwards just stood there

No way murphy would do that

I don't care if he's never BOG again as long as he keeps doing those things that he's done in the last 2 months that make him a great captain.

[QUOTE="Bluesque, post: 34129190, member: 75631"

No way murphy would do that

Murphy is becoming a good captain as his career progresses. He had another good game on Friday night.
We cannot expect him to be BOG every time he steps onto the ground.[/QUOTE]

I agree, he'll be fine. Getting increasingly better on field returns and his body language to me suggests the captaincy is sitting more comfortably with him than it was last year. This has been a season of growth and character building for him. Next season, watch out! :)

Also, the impact of Gibbs finally arriving as a player of real substance has made it harder for Murphy to be the stand out every week. (This is of course a good thing! :D)

I thought Petrie won that contest. Sam wanted the behind, Petrie seemed to want to take it over for a throw in and have a chance at a goal rather than get a point and give up possession.

When you watch the replay you see Sam force Petrie away from the point line and past the point post before bundling him over the boundary line next to the post. Actually, I see the umpie then balled it up, for some reason. :confused:

Finally got to see the game this morning.

Complete team effort. This includes Everitt before the injury.

It was so ggo to see a group of players show that much effort and hunger and desire to try and write a better ending to the book of 2014. It has struck me how we are only one or two key pieces away from being serious contenders, in todays game those pieces are the difference between being 12-5 and our current 6-11.

The_Wookie hey, do you by any chance have the post match show from fox footy to upload onto YouTube? I forgot to tape it. Thanks :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King said the story was North. Vossy told him to give it a rest. Everyone's predictions were wrong. McClure was happy.

McClure certainly changed his tune overnight then. Was like we lost the way he was carrying on on radio yesterday morning.

Nice moment last night where Petrie had picked up the ball in front of the point post and Sam just grabs him and muscles him over the boundary line, ensuring a boundary throw-in. Petrie is not a small bloke, but he was just rag-dolled and powerless to prevent it.

Real feel-good story for 2014! His confidence has grown each week and I suspect he has surprised many supporters with how he has come on - has played consistently and has backed himself more and more as each week has passed - reckon he knows now that he does belong at this level! Will put on a little more body strength over the pre-season and will match-up well on the gorillas like Hawkins and Cloke next year and will likely perform even better in the B&F!

Hey fellas, good to be on Board the carlton discussion. I loved tonight's game but a few things I think we should change:

- I don't see ellard providing too much for us in the future
- robbie was shown up big Tim by Wood, hopefully wood gets another crack at it.

All in all a great win and I love Micks passion,

Go Blues

Ellard is highly regarded by Mick and is also a highly regarded club man and while Jeffy isn't playing then Ellard is a good chance to keep his possie in the team as a defensive small forward that can rotate through the middle. Ellard has got to 50 games the hard way - have to admire him for that! I agree that as the team continues to develop next year then it may be even harder for Ellard to secure a position - he is at least good back-up should injuries strike hard.

I firmly believe the team look Good with Wood!:D

Last edited:
It becomes a little juvenille responding to posts about Wood. Any more?:D

Seriously - good to see him taking those marks around the ground - was known for his marking and kicking a few goals at Williamstown!
I guess you could say the same over the years about big cox from the Egirls

When you watch the replay you see Sam force Petrie away from the point line and past the point post before bundling him over the boundary line next to the post. Actually, I see the umpie then balled it up, for some reason. :confused:

I just watched the replay and it definitely looks like Sam was trying to pull Petrie over the point line for a behind (as any smart defender would do) The fact he hit the post and fell on the other side was purely accidental IMO. I'll still call it a win for Sam just for the hell of it:cool:

I just watched the replay and it definitely looks like Sam was trying to pull Petrie over the point line for a behind (as any smart defender would do) The fact he hit the post and fell on the other side was purely accidental IMO. I'll still call it a win for Sam just for the hell of it:cool:
He was epic on Petrie!.
Stayed tight to him all night .
In the past he has mauled us when allowed to run and jump at the ball,Sammy didn't allow that to happen,hence,Sammy 'the Massacre Denier'.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back