Autopsy Rd 8 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So according to the media:

'But after another demoralising loss, by 77 points to Geelong on Friday night, Gibbs revealed senior Blues officials had approached him and Murphy in recent weeks to clarify where the duo sat in their plans.

"The club sat us down a couple of weeks ago, both me and Marc, and said we're not going anywhere," Gibbs told SEN on Saturday.'

Murphs had a go last night without influencing the game, Gibbsy injured. Looking at their record with the club there is a history of inconsistency and inability for them to influence the flow of the game or better still take the game by the scruff of the neck and win it for us. IMO both have underperformed and their leadership on-field is lacking.

You mean to suggest that this board isn't made up of posters repeating their opinions ad nauseam?
Its not.

Its made of people who repeat what they decide are 'facts' in the most frustrating way possible with the sole purpose of convincing others to side with them, even though it achieves absolutely nothing whatsoever to do so.

You know what Shan. People who post need to think that nothing stays the same. If you're going to be negative then come up with different reasons. Don't keep harping and whining about it. I want to see some intellect go into the thoughts that are posted (and humour and wry observations because laughter is the best medicine).

I was critical of Menz last night, but another poster pointed out he crying out for development and I think this is it, he has it just need to be developed,

Which is something we haven't been very good at, but lets hope whatever the future holds, we improve in player development

He's such a good egg.

Reckon he might be the big chicken laying the eggs in the future

Kid makes lots of sense, might give some of those other roosters strutting around something to think about

I was critical of Menz last night, but another poster pointed out he crying out for development and I think this is it, he has it just need to be developed,

Which is something we haven't been very good at, but lets hope whatever the future holds, we improve in player development

If not for injury he would have easily been our leading goal scorer last year. He would awesome at a team like Geelong or Sydney with a couple of big bodied KPF's helping him out.

Menzel needs to play the percentages a bit more that's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I stated in another post, one can only assume he had made a commitment to do so.

Our club want to be more transparent, because this is what the supporters want, but on the other hand the media are baying for blood at the moment (as they do each season when a team performs poorly), so it would be preferable if Trigg didn't make a commitment to speak after a game the team was always going to lose. Yet if he didn't front for an interview he had committed to, it would just give the media more fuel for the fire. They would start talking about crisis meetings taking place & ramp up the speculation.

Right now the club needs to ignore all external influences & go about the business of sorting out what is going to happen going forward. As I keep repeating, any knee jerk reaction by the club, on the back of media pressure, will only set the club back further.
I agree with you mate. Guess it would be preferable to to know the situation first.

Just don't see many CEO's doing interviews after a game, seemed to be an attempt to put out his earlier spot fire to me. Obviously I could be wrong.

It should be lesson learned now though. Don't do an interview unless you have something to say, which going by Trigg's political like responses, he clearly didn't.

Whilst I agree those two circumstances are not related. Did all of these players leave because of Mick? Is the reason they all left because they couldn't stand the old bugger?

He turned jeffy from perennial 30+ small fwd to an absolutely confidence devoid shadow of his former self.

I would love to know if he is the reason. I think it is fairly likely.
What happened to Jeffy had nothing to do with Malthouse, or the club generally.

I'm happy that he is playing some reasonable football at Melbourne, but I still don't think he is back in the headspace he was in circa 2011.

I'm happy that he is playing some reasonable football at Melbourne, but I still don't think he is back in the headspace he was in circa 2011.

I hope not. None of us really know though. When essentially every player on our list is now worse than 3 years ago, questions can reasonably be asked.

If you're basing this on nothing more than watching him play football you really don't have any idea.

So why is there an autopsy thread when the blues havent played the cats yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back