RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like I'm a minority in being a non Redback who actually hopes they win it.

Peddo has become a pretty good mate since we met thru my brother in law some time ago, and Deano actually offered me a role this year when another fell thru so I do show an interest in how they're going.

I think what they've done around the Reserve has ensured them a future and those who can't get their own clubs to the same level will always go down the $$$ angle as an excuse.

Anyway Bowen Medal night this week, can't remember who I said before the season (may have been Petroro or D. Murphy?) but maybe Petroro/Cariss/Chambers poll well early with Brad Mitchell also in the mix?

Unsure about the two's (sorry lads), and I'd love to see the little red head from Broadford (Wade Zol) poll well in the 3rds as his speed and ball carry may grab the eyes of the lads in Orange. Sadly Kilmore may not figure too much, Tilley best in the 1's, the 2's god knows and with so many of the guys playing 1's at times I'd be surprised if any of the lads figure in the top 5-6 of the 3rds either.

Kilmore Vs Rockbank
3 Votes - C.Nolan (Kilmore)

Romsey smashed Riddell on the weekend

Stop kidding your selfs they have both hands on it
The only thing that might pri it away is rain for a week and on grand final day and a lot to go wrong
Even then it would be tuff
They recruited HEAVILY with the aim to win a flag that's a fact
And guess the question will be is how long the dinisty can last

Reckon diggers will beat riddle this week and if riddle wins even with 3-4 to return won't be able to compete with a rampant romsey

:D:D Woof woof

They have been up in the top few for near on 10 years now....how long do you want them to stay up there for??
As for recruiting....they have recruited less players than you personally did at Broadford, they just did it smarter, and looked at backgrounds first. Get over yourself and the hatred of the club. You've had your time there at Romsey and it didn't work. Maybe channel all your energy into something positive (Broadford Football club), and see how they go next year up bush!

I went to the EDFL Div.1 yesty, what happened at Rockbank? Five scoring shots in total from a list of that calibre I bloody couldnt believe it when I got home last night. Were Rupo missing players or Diggers just too good?

Riddell missing a few I noticed on Saturday, resting them up for a prelim I'm assuming or are some genuinely under a cloud still for this week?
Rupo were pretty much at full strength, similar side to round 18. Missed Chambers but beat Riddell and Diggers without him. Diggers came to play and the younger inexperienced Rupo players were left wanting. Big difference between home and away and finals. Rupo made big improvements but we're shown how far behind they still are, Romney, Diggers, Riddell are powerhouses of this league and Rupo need to emulate what they do on and off the field to stay in touch. Jordan needs to stay and continue and they need to find a couple experienced big bodies over the summer.
Diggers were fantastic yesterday and will be feeling good going into Riddell next week. Romney were ruthless on Saturday and will take the week off to get ready to celebrate a big win the following week. Diggers this week by 5 goals, Romsey in the GF by lots...

They have been up in the top few for near on 10 years now....how long do you want them to stay up there for??
As for recruiting....they have recruited less players than you personally did at Broadford, they just did it smarter, and looked at backgrounds first. Get over yourself and the hatred of the club. You've had your time there at Romsey and it didn't work. Maybe channel all your energy into something positive (Broadford Football club), and see how they go next year up bush!
:thumbsdown: Booooo hisssssss
Are ya serious

Average crowd, not the greatest ground for viewing it with the wind and all. Diggers were really impressive and won easily. Don't know what happened to Rupo the last couple of weeks but they were looking good two weeks ago and were terrible today! Diggers worked smarter and used the ball better and really won all over the ground. Be a tough game for the Bomber boys next week.

The umpires were disgraceful. Both teams had no idea what was going on, the held the game up in confusion over and over. This league needs some umpires with some idea... Hope they're better for us next weekend!!!
I hear that you're the first one to put your hand up.. looking forward to seeing you out there mate.. might get the chance to do a few 18s games with you.. you'll really enjoy it :)

Well two lessons handed out on the weekend. Romsey unbelievable the first half to show Riddell how to play and still have
Petroro and Way to come in. Austin slight twinge in hammy be right for the Granny and Burlak to get off but who goes out for the Granny? Tough decisions coming up at Romsey. Diggers showed Rupo how to play and should have won by more in windy conditions. Diggers injury free except for Tuckey. Riddell need to get Ruffle, Foreman and any one else they can find to have a chance against Diggers also tipping a few Riddell and Diggers boys would be sore from the Weekend. Romsey would love a tough struggle on the weekend between the two . Can either side challenge the Redbacks on their present form ?

Two big games of RDFL over the weekend!
Here's our reports:
- Diggers Rest coach praises defensive titans after upset win - http://bit.ly/1u65lnJ
- Romsey romps into grand final as undefeated season continues - http://bit.ly/W1ZsLQ

What odds for Romsey to win the flag now? $1.01?

Seemed rupo matched against romsey fairly well during their two games but now they're gone and my Bombers seem to have big issues against Romsey.. you'd think Diggers making it through might be the better test for red backs.. if they don't win this year it will be one of the most shocking chokes of all time! Maybe the mind control ppl that made rupo forget how to play footy yesterday could help diggers or riddell against them in the GF. haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts on the best chances for Bowen for each club:

Broadford: S.Boyall
Kilmore: J.Tilley
Macedon: J.Wright
Kangas: D.Murphy
Rupo: B.Chambers/B.Swallow
Melton: N.Richardson/S.Gamble
Riddell: P.Cariss/B.Ruffell
Romsey: B.Mitchell/C.Petroro/A.Tessari
Wallan: T.Keenan
Woodend: J. Hepburn
Diggers: B.Kilty/M.Krul
Lancefield: T.Fonua
Rockbank: J.Armistead

Winner: Too hard to pick! One of the these options from the top 6 teams, ill go with Cariss,Chambers or Kilty, romsey too many to steal from each other but be good for Mitchell to win after a really good year. Wright the only chance of the guys outside top 6 but prob lost too many games.

Hey Doona2 did you get any feedback on your email of last week mate?

If you mean this email, then yes I got a phone call the night I sent it from one of the executive, and one was a "reply all" type that half handballed responsibility .... but the motive behind it wasn't for my benefit as I've stated below (I've got nothing to hide here.)

My concern is for the good people involved in all this, and I just hope that win, lose or draw they're not made the scapegoats if (or when) it turns to $hit.

Still as of late this arvo nothing had been forwarded to Life Members which I just can't fathom.

Be nice to hear from people who have been involved in these things at previous clubs, or Rupo in recent times. Was everything open and on the table to digest?

"Appreciate the heads up Skip, I have forwarded it on and printed it out for a few dudes at work. Also thanks to Whitey and Webby who went out of their way to inform me Satdy at Wallan about your vote next week.

As I said to Whitey I can’t attend obviously, but I sincerely wish the club every success whatever the outcome.

I’m not sure as to how the relationship between myself and many up home has gotten to the point is currently has, but hand on heart I’m a still genuinely interested in the future of the club going forward and will always show an interest in all things Broadford regardless of where my life takes me.

Similar to what Rod Ward said at the info night a few months back I applaud those involved who have been proactive in looking at the clubs future, but I’m worried as to how this pending vote is to be influenced and what exactly it is people are voting on?

With a week to go many people at work, via phone conversations etc are all asking the same thing ….. what are we/they voting on?

Vote: Leave the RDFNL, apply to move into another league.
Vote: Yes to Leave
Vote: Not to stay

This doesn’t exactly explain much does it? I understand your website post alerts to “After the sub-committee present to the members there (should read their) findings.

Does this mean that any life member, or member who can’t attend will not even be privy to what the sub-committee findings were in their research and more importantly what the recommendations are as a result?

Please say this is not a secret squirrel type rail roading where the information will be sanitised or more importantly influenced to persuade the desired outcome because in all honesty with a week to go this is how it is looking.

I’m all for following constitution etc and understand your continued stressing of current financial and life members only can vote - but surely this doesn’t mean that anyone and everyone who has served the club across its 124 year history to date isn’t worthy of at least knowing what’s happening and why.

I think many people in that category are worthy of at least that given the magnitude of what the current executive, current players and sponsors are contemplating.

Let’s not forget that we are the custodians of our clubs at present, merely trying to carry on the good work of those before us.

Please don’t feel compelled to respond to me in person, but I’m seeking info on behalf of family and friends who are life members who for whatever reason haven’t even been informed of what’s going on.

I’m also doing this out of respect to many deceased family members gave lengthy service to the club, and I mean lengthy as in 25-30 years or more. One thing we should never forget is history, and even at my boys young age now I’m showing them photo’s, telling them tales so that as they grow older they’re familiar with relevant names, dates etc of the club I grew up at.

All I want is for when my boys hit 18, become independent and make their own decisions that there is a Broadford Football Netball Club option for them to consider playing at, should they wish.

Please accept this email in the regard it is intended. I know my presence (and motive) for attending the info night was questioned which cut me pretty deep.

As I said to Skip when he became a senior coach, the one thing we can’t do when we get into this caper is become too attached as we have to be prepared to move wherever our services may be required or sought. Broadford will always be home, I still refer to “up home” or what’s happening “at home” when people ask and I just wish people could see that as I’ve always said that when the time is right and coaching etc. is no longer on the agenda I’d love to serve the club off field."

If you mean this email, then yes I got a phone call the night I sent it from one of the executive, and one was a "reply all" type that half handballed responsibility .... but the motive behind it wasn't for my benefit as I've stated below (I've got nothing to hide here.)

My concern is for the good people involved in all this, and I just hope that win, lose or draw they're not made the scapegoats if (or when) it turns to $hit.

Still as of late this arvo nothing had been forwarded to Life Members which I just can't fathom.

Be nice to hear from people who have been involved in these things at previous clubs, or Rupo in recent times. Was everything open and on the table to digest?

"Appreciate the heads up Skip, I have forwarded it on and printed it out for a few dudes at work. Also thanks to Whitey and Webby who went out of their way to inform me Satdy at Wallan about your vote next week.

As I said to Whitey I can’t attend obviously, but I sincerely wish the club every success whatever the outcome.

I’m not sure as to how the relationship between myself and many up home has gotten to the point is currently has, but hand on heart I’m a still genuinely interested in the future of the club going forward and will always show an interest in all things Broadford regardless of where my life takes me.

Similar to what Rod Ward said at the info night a few months back I applaud those involved who have been proactive in looking at the clubs future, but I’m worried as to how this pending vote is to be influenced and what exactly it is people are voting on?

With a week to go many people at work, via phone conversations etc are all asking the same thing ….. what are we/they voting on?

Vote: Leave the RDFNL, apply to move into another league.
Vote: Yes to Leave
Vote: Not to stay

This doesn’t exactly explain much does it? I understand your website post alerts to “After the sub-committee present to the members there (should read their) findings.

Does this mean that any life member, or member who can’t attend will not even be privy to what the sub-committee findings were in their research and more importantly what the recommendations are as a result?

Please say this is not a secret squirrel type rail roading where the information will be sanitised or more importantly influenced to persuade the desired outcome because in all honesty with a week to go this is how it is looking.

I’m all for following constitution etc and understand your continued stressing of current financial and life members only can vote - but surely this doesn’t mean that anyone and everyone who has served the club across its 124 year history to date isn’t worthy of at least knowing what’s happening and why.

I think many people in that category are worthy of at least that given the magnitude of what the current executive, current players and sponsors are contemplating.

Let’s not forget that we are the custodians of our clubs at present, merely trying to carry on the good work of those before us.

Please don’t feel compelled to respond to me in person, but I’m seeking info on behalf of family and friends who are life members who for whatever reason haven’t even been informed of what’s going on.

I’m also doing this out of respect to many deceased family members gave lengthy service to the club, and I mean lengthy as in 25-30 years or more. One thing we should never forget is history, and even at my boys young age now I’m showing them photo’s, telling them tales so that as they grow older they’re familiar with relevant names, dates etc of the club I grew up at.

All I want is for when my boys hit 18, become independent and make their own decisions that there is a Broadford Football Netball Club option for them to consider playing at, should they wish.

Please accept this email in the regard it is intended. I know my presence (and motive) for attending the info night was questioned which cut me pretty deep.

As I said to Skip when he became a senior coach, the one thing we can’t do when we get into this caper is become too attached as we have to be prepared to move wherever our services may be required or sought. Broadford will always be home, I still refer to “up home” or what’s happening “at home” when people ask and I just wish people could see that as I’ve always said that when the time is right and coaching etc. is no longer on the agenda I’d love to serve the club off field."
And the response was ? Well said by the way .

My thoughts on the best chances for Bowen for each club:

Broadford: S.Boyall
Kilmore: J.Tilley
Rupo: B.Chambers/B.Swallow
Melton: N.Richardson/S.Gamble
Riddell: P.Cariss/B.Ruffell
Romsey: B.Mitchell/C.Petroro/A.Tessari
Wallan: T.Keenan
Diggers: B.Kilty/M.Krul
Lancefield: T.Fonua
Rockbank: J.Armistead

Winner: Too hard to pick! One of the these options from the top 6 teams, ill go with Cariss,Chambers or Kilty, romsey too many to steal from each other but be good for Mitchell to win after a really good year. Wright the only chance of the guys outside top 6 but prob lost too many games.

I don't know about other clubs, my money is on Cameron Streeter from the Redbacks.

And the response was ? Well said by the way .

Judging by the fact nothing come of it in terms of providing info I'd say no response ha ha - although the phone conversation I had was great. In saying that I wouldn't expect anything less than particular chap. Have known him probly 30 years, he played with my dad and is one of the guys I referred to above.

Lenny Clarke the premier ruckman in the RDFL should go in favorite.

Given Tuckey somehow didn't win last year has us all still wondering.

Broadford: S.Boyall/Viani
Kilmore: ??
Rupo: B.Chambers/Podolzak/ Darragh McGovern
Melton: N.Richardson
Riddell: B.Ruffell/Sahlberg
Romsey: C.Petroro/Davidson/S.Austin (Left field - McNaughton was named in Romseys best nearly every game)
Wallan: T.Keenan/McLiesh
Diggers: M.Krul/P.Jackson
Lancefield: T.Fonua/Collins
Rockbank: J.Armistead/A.Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back