RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said legend couldn't agree with you more. The foundation of any successful club is not in how much $$$ you have but the people in it, from the sometimes under appreciated & unhearlded volunteers who do there little bit each week to the hard working committe's and the strength, passion, and united vision they set for the long term future of their club, without a strong foundation or united committe you do not attract the volunteers, support needed by your members, retention of ex players and most important the sponsorship needed to help run and maintain a club each season.

Volunteers do not become involved for the thanks they become involved because they love their club or they see an example set by other volunteers and want to be apart of something special, and yes it is hard work week in week out but the satisfaction comes from knowing you are doing the right thing and building a culture that all supporters and players just want to be around and remain apart of as long as they can.

Only by building a strong and united club will you have the success both off and on the field we all strive for, success doesn't always mean winning, winning is the by product or if you like to 'Cream on Top' from doing the hard work by ALL the volunteers, from the water boys to the President, if you lead by example, others will follow.

Well said legend couldn't agree with you more. The foundation of any successful club is not in how much $$$ you have but the people in it, from the sometimes under appreciated & unhearlded volunteers who do there little bit each week to the hard working committe's and the strength, passion, and united vision they set for the long term future of their club, without a strong foundation or united committe you do not attract the volunteers, support needed by your members, retention of ex players and most important the sponsorship needed to help run and maintain a club each season.

Volunteers do not become involved for the thanks they become involved because they love their club or they see an example set by other volunteers and want to be apart of something special, and yes it is hard work week in week out but the satisfaction comes from knowing you are doing the right thing and building a culture that all supporters and players just want to be around and remain apart of as long as they can.

Only by building a strong and united club will you have the success both off and on the field we all strive for, success doesn't always mean winning, winning is the by product or if you like to 'Cream on Top' from doing the hard work by ALL the volunteers, from the water boys to the President, if you lead by example, others will follow.
Flawless work there Petey.. and it would be obvious to anyone that didn't know you, they would see that you're a passionate volunteer.. love it!! :)

Your right petey good clubs have volunteers that get involved because they love doing it ,they generally don't do it for pats on the back they do it because they are passionate and this is what creates a good culture or at least the start of it ,so maybe the last couple of pages is good advice for those trying to change the world ,start in your own backyard.

A LESSON to all footy players out there, if you are going to fake an injury to avoid taking the match winning kick do not join in on the wild celebrations after your teammate drills it.

An Under-17 Diamond Creek player came down with a mysterious and incredibly short-lasting case of cramp when he was given a chance to have the after the siren shot on goal.

His more vaunted team mate slotted the kick from 50m to momentarily give his side the win.

The “injured” player made a miraculous recovery to join in on the wild celebrations, which were duly spotted by the umpire who cancelled the goal and got him to take his kick.

He missed, giving Yarrambat the three-point win.

A parent from the opposition Yarrambat Junior Football Club said the umpire made the right decision.

“A couple of the Diamond Creek kids arked up a bit but it was all handled pretty well.
“It was quite funny in the space of a few seconds we had thought we’d won, then we lost and then we won again.

“Both coaches were having a laugh about it in the middle of the ground.

“I think somebody should have told that injured kid to stay on the ground a little a bit longer.”

The Northern Football League declined to comment, saying they did not want to turn the incident “into a circus”.

Away from the footy sh1t for a moment..it was great to see ex Romsey ruckman Daniel Repacholi win Gold at Glasgow on Sunday night in the shooting event. Great shooter, but even a better bloke and mate. Well done to the big fella!!
Your right Norman he is a great bloke just glad he shoots better than he fishes! Remember a game at Macedon dying minutes we were a few points down and he was resting at full forward,someone's had a shot at goal to put us in front it was sailing through the middle burg big shooters thought he'd mark it ,do'h touched through for a point lost by a couple, there wouldn't of been another player in the league would have got anywhere near it. Great win big fella now two time gold medalist at comm games. The way your lucks going you might even snag a fish next April.

He's only played 2, whats the deal with finals, do you have to play 4 games to qualify?
Romsey deserve to go into the finals as absolute favorites, it is theirs to loose. They have a soft run in (bye, woodend, macedon) and would more than likely be put through some hard nights on the track to be prepared for finals. Riddell have been hit and miss this year, they have had some big wins, but the 2 losses would have been very disappointing, and they were given a good run by Rupo early on. They have a tough run in with Rupo, Sunbury and Rockbank, this week could seal 2nd spot and a shot at redemption for a couple weeks ago, with their best side in don't count them out (a few people did it last year).
Rupo have been going along nicely, improving week by week and seem to have depth. They have won 10 of their last 11 and only lost that by 2 points to Romsey. Have the skill and speed to match any team by may lack some height, difficult run home with Riddell, bye then Diggers. Win this week and they can grab 2nd, loose and they will be in a fight to stay 3rd. Diggers are the sleeping giants, pushed Romsey and tend to find form latter in the year. Big bodied and hard at the footy. Not as polished as Romsey but have a couple of weeks to work on that, have Lancefield, Melton and Rupo to finish, they could finish 3rd and possibly play Romsey for a shot at the big dance. Sunbury have been there without making to much noise, had a couple of shock losses to Rockbank and Lancefield early on in the year but dominated when on song. They have a lot of finals experience and can never be forgotten about, have the bye, Kilmore and Riddell to finish, hard to see them moving up from 5th but don't be surprised if they do and make it deep into the finals.
The race for 6th is between Rockbank and Lancefield, who ever gets in will struggle to match it in the 1st week of finals against a possible Riddell, Rupo or Diggers.

week 1
Romsey v Riddell
Rupo v Rockbank
Diggers v Sunbury

week 2
Romsey v Rupo
Riddell v Diggers

week 3
Rupo v Riddell

week 4
Romsey v Rupo/Riddell (shouldn't matter because its Romsey's to loose)

I think Rupo will finish second and Riddell 3rd.

Rupo should have beaten Riddell last time and are itching to get one over Riddell who they haven't beaten yet. Will be a bit too strong around the packs which Riddell has been exposed with in resent times. I also think Rupo will be too good for Diggers in the last game and go through without another loss.

Agree with Romsey being the team to beat. The game against Rupo was close though so it is not over.

Sunbury have had some disappointing losses but are more than capable. Diggers are in the same boat.

Rockbank to squeeze into 6th and present an awkward game for Riddell or whatever team finishes 3rd. With a full team and on a smallish ground they could be difficult.

Riddell finishing 3rd is a win IMO. If they win v 6th they get a home final and 2 shots at making the big dance. They would be hoping their ground quickens up by then.
Just goes to show how redundant the final 6 system is, if after 16 games of footy, a side that finishes 2nd is at a disadvantage to a side that finishes 3rd, how does that make sense???? It comes up every year but will probably never change. And how do Riddell get a home final? Have grounds been released?

Just goes to show how redundant the final 6 system is, if after 16 games of footy, a side that finishes 2nd is at a disadvantage to a side that finishes 3rd, how does that make sense???? It comes up every year but will probably never change. And how do Riddell get a home final? Have grounds been released?

Finals grounds have not yet been allocated.

I don't like the format but 2nd has lost a final and 3rd won a final.

I don't like the format but 2nd has lost a final and 3rd won a final.
When you say "Home" final, you mean at their ground, or they get to wear black shorts? Home final on a neutral ground doesn't mean much, a final on your own ground (whether you are Home or Away) is a huge advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you say "Home" final, you mean at their ground, or they get to wear black shorts? Home final on a neutral ground doesn't mean much, a final on your own ground (whether you are Home or Away) is a huge advantage.
They had mention qualifying final as night game
Gives romsey vs ? Home final but earnt
Only 3 weeks to go guess due to bad conditions of some grounds that Llocation not done
Lancefield have no footy 5 weeks
Romsey always in good nick
Rockbank always dry
Kilmore not bad
Broadford green in good nick
Others ??
What's macedon like ??

The feeling is that the winner of 1v2 will play 3 (if they win) at Riddell. As ims posted - nothing is set as yet.

It got to 1.30 today and I couldn't toss up between Riddell/Rupo, Macedon/Kilmore or the game I thought would be the closest margin (Broadford and Rockbank). Opted for the latter and must say at half time I was mighty impressed with how Rockbank set-up, worked, communicated and implemented a pretty free flowing style on what should be a difficult ground to do so.

Thankfully Broadford showed a bit of fight in the 3rd term and provided some entertaining passages of play even though the result was a given. I was actually glad I did make the trip after seeing the enjoyment the Roos got from Skip kicking a goal. Hats off to Skip for taking the field today, and one thing that young blokes need to learn is that you don't need the ball in your hands to be involved. His voice and direction when on the ground was what coaches expect from all 22 players every week :thumbsu:

Broadford are limping to the line, and at a guess I'd say Rockbank maybe had 4-6 from what I'd say is their strongest not playing (IMS???) but I still love me local footy no matter what so a day out is a day out.

Last edited:
It got to 1.30 today and I couldn't toss up between Riddell/Rupo, Macedon/Kilmore or the game I thought would be the closest margin (Broadford and Rockbank). Opted for the latter and must say at half time I was mighty impressed with how Rockbank set-up, worked, communicated and implemented a pretty free flowing style on what should be a difficult ground to do so.

Thankfully Broadford showed a bit of fight in the 3rd term and provided some entertaining passages of play even though the result was a given. I was actually glad I did make the trip after seeing the enjoyment the Roos got from Skip kicking a goal. Hats off to Skip for taking the field today, and one thing that young blokes need to learn is that you don't need the ball in your hands to be involved. His voice and direction when on the ground was what coaches expect from all 22 players every week :thumbsu:

Broadford are limping to the line, and at a guess I'd say Rockbank maybe had 4-6 from what I'd say is their strongest not playing (IMS???) but I still love me local footy no matter what so a day out is a day out.

Well done Doon, you're a great supporter of local footy.
What about a freaky result today (I think it is anyway). Diggers and Lancefield kicked within 1 point of their round 3 result today 23 17 to 8 6. Round 3 was 23 16 to 8 7!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back