RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely disgraceful by Kilmore Fnc today, you can't blame Assumption for not fielding a reserves side and that's an excuse Wallan have used before.
Are Kilmore going to ask for concessions next year like Broadford have.....next it will be Wallan.
What's your take on this Keston because your Mr Football in this league? I've had enough of these three town's
whinging about how tough it's and it's not fair, never heard of Rockbank and Centrals whinge like these Northern teams. If it was up to me I'd say go to another league couldn't be bothered with those 3 team's anymore.
Haven't heard anyone from Kilmore or Wallan whinging on here Fabulous.

I know Keston cops a bit of criticism on here(sometimes warranted)but he and others up Broadford must be doing something right as im hearing Paul Licuria is all set to go for season remainder.If so the landscape of finals takes on a whole new look.Time will tell I guess anyways good luck to em.
I would argue that this is exactly the problem with Broadford and their approach. Just because you get old retired AFL players doesn't mean you are doing things right. I'd spend the money on three or four 24 year olds.

I would argue that this is exactly the problem with Broadford and their approach. Just because you get old retired AFL players doesn't mean you are doing things right. I'd spend the money on three or four 24 year olds.
I agree 100% and if you look at our list we have
Secondly re our funding of any afl players not that it's anyone's buisness so to end this tea session I assure you the funds are out sourced so not to affect the clubs yearly budget or the community we down bush might be a bit more smarter than others lead to believe and it's great for the club RDNFL and our boys and kids who are learning a lot from what these lads bring to the table them.

I agree 100% and if you look at our list we have
Secondly re our funding of any afl players not that it's anyone's buisness so to end this tea session I assure you the funds are out sourced so not to affect the clubs yearly budget or the community we down bush might be a bit more smarter than others lead to believe and it's great for the club RDNFL and our boys and kids who are learning a lot from what these lads bring to the table them.

One can only hope they have enough green notes left in the bank next year to assist you in literacy classes. I don't mind reading your input but your spelling and grammar indicates a bush like education. The only thing wrong with recruiting ex-AFL players is they knock themselves out playing in games that seem to be a higher priority than your clubs ultimate goal.

Might be a little harsh but Macedon must be feeling the pinch a bit now. Lost all 3 games against top 6 sides now. Still haven't played Rupo or Sunbury. With Broadfords gift draw the cats may miss the top 6 which would be a disaster with that list.

They are an old and experienced side now with their recruits. Why were Macedon playing under sized opponents against Ruffell and Nolan on the weekend? Surely that's what Henderson and Fitzpatrick are there for? Harrison the only one who fired a shot on the weekend. Kenny still kicking goals like the machine that he is but seems restricted. Barely leaves the goal square.

One can only hope they have enough green notes left in the bank next year to assist you in literacy classes. I don't mind reading your input but your spelling and grammar indicates a bush like education. The only thing wrong with recruiting ex-AFL players is they knock themselves out playing in games that seem to be a higher priority than your clubs ultimate goal.
What are you inferring about re those that are educated in the bush ???
this isn't a grammar class last time I checked it was a footy forum

And spoke to robbo last night his fine
:D

Might be a little harsh but Macedon must be feeling the pinch a bit now. Lost all 3 games against top 6 sides now. Still haven't played Rupo or Sunbury. With Broadfords gift draw the cats may miss the top 6 which would be a disaster with that list.

They are an old and experienced side now with their recruits. Why were Macedon playing under sized opponents against Ruffell and Nolan on the weekend? Surely that's what Henderson and Fitzpatrick are there for? Harrison the only one who fired a shot on the weekend. Kenny still kicking goals like the machine that he is but seems restricted. Barely leaves the goal square.
The Cats have had three patches this season where the opposition have kicked quick goals.. Diggers, Romsey and Riddell all had that patch and that was enough to turn the game in their favour in later stages of the game.. they could have or almost should have won those three games.. and I don't know about Diggers .. but the other two star clubs said that wins over Macedon were their best for the year.. and having seen both games, the standard was impressive and the Cats were well in the contest until the opposition kicked four goals in six minutes in both contests to break the game open. Momentum is a killer and big Ruff and Nolan made the most of it with quick delivery from the middle.. Henderson owned the first half last week and Ross kept him quiet in the second ..

The Cats have had three patches this season where the opposition have kicked quick goals.. Diggers, Romsey and Riddell all had that patch and that was enough to turn the game in their favour in later stages of the game.. they could have or almost should have won those three games.. and I don't know about Diggers .. but the other two star clubs said that wins over Macedon were their best for the year.. and having seen both games, the standard was impressive and the Cats were well in the contest until the opposition kicked four goals in six minutes in both contests to break the game open. Momentum is a killer and big Ruff and Nolan made the most of it with quick delivery from the middle.. Henderson owned the first half last week and Ross kept him quiet in the second ..
Appreciate the reply Chris but you have just listed the ways to lose games. They need to find a way to win. With the guys they have recruited they should be beating some of these teams. Not talking about a team of kids here. They have 8-10 players over 30 and another handful past 25. This criticism is born out of frustration. I want them to do well.

Against Romsey they had Ferry and some of the Romsey boys were mid ramadan.

Henderson and Fitzpatrick get freed up every week and that's ok but if it's not working surely they go to bigger opponents? Henderson on Ross was expertly exploited by Riddell. Some players you can't zone off on.

I really hope they come out and get a win this week because they need a scalp.

The AFL Goldfields enjoyed a comfortable 104 point over AFL Townsville-Mackay, 23.15 (153) to 7.7 (49). Rupertswood's Bailee Revell starred with six goals. The Under 17 squad features stars from the Central Highlands, Ballarat, Maryborough Castlemaine and Riddell Football Netball Leagues.

Appreciate the reply Chris but you have just listed the ways to lose games. They need to find a way to win. With the guys they have recruited they should be beating some of these teams. Not talking about a team of kids here. They have 8-10 players over 30 and another handful past 25. This criticism is born out of frustration. I want them to do well.

Against Romsey they had Ferry and some of the Romsey boys were mid ramadan.

Henderson and Fitzpatrick get freed up every week and that's ok but if it's not working surely they go to bigger opponents? Henderson on Ross was expertly exploited by Riddell. Some players you can't zone off on.

I really hope they come out and get a win this week because they need a scalp.
I'm with you mate.. like the last two weeks, a win for Macedon is more important for their opponents.. I think many want them to succeed.. they are an exciting team to watch.. and probably like Broadford.. compete with the best but can't find that something special to follow through ..

What are you inferring about re those that are educated in the bush ???
this isn't a grammar class last time I checked it was a footy forum

And spoke to robbo last night his fine
:D

I went to school in the bush and thought I turned out ok :(

Youve done well getting through to Russell mate, I was with one of the guys for most of today who missed the majority of the game to sit with him and his take on it was quite different.

Either way just as long as he's back in time to propel the Roos back into finals (finally) then that's the main thing.

Also, who cares how much you spend and on whom .... just glad to read you've conformed and come across to the $$$ and the no points system side ;)

The AFL Goldfields enjoyed a comfortable 104 point over AFL Townsville-Mackay, 23.15 (153) to 7.7 (49). Rupertswood's Bailee Revell starred with six goals. The Under 17 squad features stars from the Central Highlands, Ballarat, Maryborough Castlemaine and Riddell Football Netball Leagues.

Sunbury's Brad Bernacki went close to BOG and Kilmores Liam Middleton kicked goals too. I know Toby ain't a BigFooty fan but well done coach :)

I went to school in the bush and thought I turned out ok :(

Youve done well getting through to Russell mate, I was with one of the guys for most of today who missed the majority of the game to sit with him and his take on it was quite different.

Either way just as long as he's back in time to propel the Roos back into finals (finally) then that's the main thing.

Also, who cares how much you spend and on whom .... just glad to read you've conformed and come across to the $$$ and the no points system side ;)
I reckon your ok as well doona :D
Spoke to russell in the last qtr he had a headache but will be right
As for the points system etc as they say if ya can't convert them join them but will be at the cost of clubs going to the wall I still believe :(:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we possible talk about something else like why are so many seconds teams struggling for numbers? Why do the Kangaroos always have such a long injury list at this time of year? Do diggers need another forward and will recruiting fix the lack of pace perception? Or is the game style the problem? Why does lancefield have more local cricketers than footballers?

My team of the year to this point

FB: R.Smith Burlak M.Leonard

HB:Williams Chambers Tessari

C: Ross Pound Burkett

HF:Sahlberg Smailes Mitchell

FF:Kent Kenny Cooke

R: Way Harrison Z.Saad

INT: Baumgartner Petroro D.Smith Sullivan Brennan Swallow

Way is not always a ruck but a weak year for rucks. Way should be in there either way.

Way is not always a ruck but a weak year for rucks. Way should be in there either way.
Good side but nothing against these lads but burlack hasn't had the best year injuries etc and the best ruckman would be jimmy phillpot perhaps smith to full back Williams back pocket and petroro to half back flank

Good side but nothing against these lads but burlack hasn't had the best year injuries etc and the best ruckman would be jimmy phillpot perhaps smith to full back Williams back pocket and petroro to half back flank
Philpot is overrated. He is very tall which is an asset but that's about it. Doesn't push forward, doesn't follow up at ground level. Taps are 50/50. Just my opinion. Needs to do more.

Burlak has been good since he got back. Would be my first choice as a lock down on really big strong forwards and if they have no big forwards zones off really well. Very clever at making up for lack of mobility.

Good team but Wright for macedon is a lock every year and needs to go in. Maybe at expense of Burket, Mitxhell or Cooke.

Philpot is overrated. He is very tall which is an asset but that's about it. Doesn't push forward, doesn't follow up at ground level. Taps are 50/50. Just my opinion. Needs to do more.

Burlak has been good since he got back. Would be my first choice as a lock down on really big strong forwards and if they have no big forwards zones off really well. Very clever at making up for lack of mobility.
Respect your opinion but many would disagree re phillpot some harsh remarks there don
I wouldn't leave way out of the side either perhaps second ruck and extra hit up forward
still reckon Reece smith is underrated and the best full back in the Leaugue the good thing is there are heaps of options on all lines

Respect your opinion but many would disagree re phillpot some harsh remarks there don
I wouldn't leave way out of the side either perhaps second ruck and extra hit up forward
still reckon Reece smith is underrated and the best full back in the Leaugue the good thing is there are heaps of options on all lines
Got Rhys in there because I rate him highly bit have him as a small. Gets goals kicked on him at full back due to lack of size.

Good team but Wright for macedon is a lock every year and needs to go in. Maybe at expense of Burket, Mitxhell or Cooke.
Weighed this up because I knew it would raise some eye brows. I think the other small running mids in there have given more. In macedons big games he has sort of flashed in and out a bit. As always just my opinion. Harrison is an absolute jet so the old excuse of having no support is not relevant any more. Would be happy to have Wright as a small forward instead of Cooke if picking a side to actually play. Both have good goal sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back