No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sloane did sign for 4 years, where does that sit him regarding free agency when he's next out of contract?

No m
If Sloane did sign for 4 years, where does that sit him regarding free agency when he's next out of contract?
atter what he signs he will be a free agent next contract.

Restricted or unrestricted depend on the amount/structure of the payments and more importantly what the rules are at the time as they certainly won't be the same as now.

Basically it's an irrelevant concern though as he will be well within FA no matter if he gets a 1 or 8 year deal

Lets not start that already....
Wait for sloane, Tex and danger to all sign contracts of the same length. The story won't be crows retain danger it will be the negative of how 2 or 3 of them come out of contract at the same time and how will we retain them as well as the new wave of players coming through or some bullshit beat up

Last edited:
Did a quick background check through the search function. Only 100 posts - so easy to do.

3 weeks before the 2011 rookie draft (2010 draft) we would take rookie Lachlan Roach with our first rookie pick if Hawthorn didn't take him first. We took Roach with our 3rd pick.

50/50. Lets hope he is right.

CharlieCrow also suggested that the Crows were moving to Adelaide Uni and that the groundwork had been done. That appears to be incorrect.

No m

atter what he signs he will be a free agent next contract.

Restricted or unrestricted depend on the amount/structure of the payments and more importantly what the rules are at the time as they certainly won't be the same as now.

Basically it's an irrelevant concern though as he will be well within FA no matter if he gets a 1 or 8 year deal
Yep just finished some extra reading to try figure it out myself. Since he hasn't been a "free agent" yet, he'll still be one after his next contract.

Lets not start that already....
Sorry :(

We might have a bit of leverage here. Let's say Danger agrees terms with Geelong or Hawthorn. We match.

If he goes in the draft, surely St Kilda or Melbourne pick him up. Neither Geelong nor Hawthorn are going to be able to have danger put a number on his head that Melbourne or the Saints aren't willing and able to pay.

Without the threat of the draft being a viable one, I reckon we can afford to match an offer and force the other club to the trade table. And if nothing gets done there, Patty might think that 2 more years at the Crows, after which he can go wherever he wants as an UFA, sounds better than taking his chances in the draft.

I agree with this,I'm of the opinion the Crows will match the offer and then your scenario comes into play.

If we manage to re-sign Danger but only for two years then IMO his manager is saying he's on the market. He becomes an unrestricted agent after those two years so before that I would be shopping him around. A two year extension says to me he's hedging his bets or is walking to the club of his choice as a UFA.
Put him up as soon as the offers come in, definitely in the second year of his extension.
If he commits longer than those two years then throw the sink at him!

If Danger wants success, Collingwood and Geelong are both pretty lousy choices. They're in no better position than we are for the next few years. Arguably worse.

He's holding out to see if we come good. Nothing is going to change until the season warms up. Can't believe how many here are changing their opinion like the change of wind!

If Danger wants success, Collingwood and Geelong are both pretty lousy choices. They're in no better position than we are for the next few years. Arguably worse.

He's holding out to see if we come good. Nothing is going to change until the season warms up. Can't believe how many here are changing their opinion like the change of wind!
This something that bugs me, if he is relying on success..... That's such a copout, the admin has played its hand with all the changes in the last 6 months, as a senior player who has been part of the last few unsuccessful years he needs to shoulder some blame and show faith in the club by signing 3 months ago lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

could have sworn that a few "respectable" posters said that sloaney was signed sealed and delivered by Christmas like it was fact. Funny enough I have more faith in a poster who doesn't post as much, being more bang on with his mail... here's hoping for an announcement tommorrow from on of the two blokes

This something that bugs me, if he is relying on success..... That's such a copout, the admin has played its hand with all the changes in the last 6 months, as a senior player who has been part of the last few unsuccessful years he needs to shoulder some blame and show faith in the club by signing 3 months ago lol
I can't blame him for his comments too much. I think he accepts some of the responsibility already, from what I've seen and heard. Mind you, that he even said he is chasing success means he's not leadership material, and is appropriately not the captain. I used to think he would be, but not now...

That being said I'd still want him at my club any day of the week. Not everyone has the same reasons for playing. Can't begrudge a man for using his immense talent to collect every dollar he can.

I can't blame him for his comments too much. I think he accepts some of the responsibility already, from what I've seen and heard. Mind you, that he even said he is chasing success means he's not leadership material, and is appropriately not the captain. I used to think he would be, but not now...

That being said I'd still want him at my club any day of the week. Not everyone has the same reasons for playing. Can't begrudge a man for using his immense talent to collect every dollar he can.
I agree, I had front row seats in his fan club and for some reason he lost me with one action he did on that first showdown! He marked on the pocket and instead of slotting it like a good leader he tries to pass it off and they score! Dono why but thats me lol

Didn't Tex sign for 4 years too? Why we gotta sign all these guys to be out of contract at the same time (provided that Sloane news is true)

Tex signed for three years, taking his contract up to the end of 2018.

If Sloane signs for four years, his contract will expire at the end of 2019. Which is good because having three major players come out of contract at the same time isn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back