Real Madrid FC - Where has it all gone wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

they need a new gk (other than de gea), a new DM and a CB and they'll easily reach the semis again next year + top 2 in la liga. barca have just been really good this season, especially messi the last couple of months

Because it becomes detrimental to team Harmony when you have your left winger jumping in front of other players because he's got to be the one who scores the goals.

I can't take this seriously when you're trying to suggest he's in the wrong for demanding to score because he's only a 'left winger'.

He's an egotistical, selfish prick. That's all good when you're winning but it's absolutely toxic when things aren't going your way.

Based on what? His body language on the field? You don't know the bloke from a bar of soap and you're dropping calls like that. I can understand how it would appear that way but personally I've never been one to judge a book by it's cover so I'd rather trust the testimonies of his team mates who describe him as a loveable prankster behind the scenes and state that he's the first to arrive to training and the last to leave, over a random guy who thinks his body language must mean hes toxic.

Whilst I know it has no relevance to his football but this guy you're so certain is a "egotistical, selfish prick" is also one of the most charitable footballers going around and has personally donated about as much to the tragedy in Nepal as the US government has.

Anyone reckon Cavani would be good for them? Or is he a bit too phisical for Spanish football?

Would certainly prefer him to Benzema IMO.

I can't take this seriously when you're trying to suggest he's in the wrong for demanding to score because he's only a 'left winger'.
Try reading comprehension. He's in the wrong because he's actively taking up the space of other players, namely Benzema in the middle, just so he can be the one to score.

Based on what? His body language on the field? You don't know the bloke from a bar of soap and you're dropping calls like that. I can understand how it would appear that way but personally I've never been one to judge a book by it's cover so I'd rather trust the testimonies of his team mates who describe him as a loveable prankster behind the scenes and state that he's the first to arrive to training and the last to leave, over a random guy who thinks his body language must mean hes toxic.

Whilst I know it has no relevance to his football but this guy you're so certain is a "egotistical, selfish prick" is also one of the most charitable footballers going around and has personally donated about as much to the tragedy in Nepal as the US government has.

Yes, yes, I must know the guy intimately before I can judge him. Sure. Let's just ignore the plainly obvious negative body language that isn't subtle even in the slightest because he may just be misunderstood. I guess Bin Laden must have been a cracking bloke behind the scenes. After all, his mates said he's such a hard worker.

Try reading comprehension. He's in the wrong because he's actively taking up the space of other players, namely Benzema in the middle, just so he can be the one to score.
Lol he's in the wrong because he makes the right runs and scores from them. Please share more of your knowledge

They won the CL last season and Copa del rey, they are 2nd in la liga this season, and were on track most of the season to win the title. They fell short this morning in making another CL final and a chance to go back-to-back, not a bad last couple of years.

Everyone and their dog knows they'll keep spending, what's wrong with them? Plenty, but they'll still win and attract the very best, they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

I meant more that it seemed you were downplaying his right to demand to score because he's only a winger which is ridiculous when he's one of the greatest goal scorers of the modern era.

I think you've really got the wrong end of the stick though when you think Ronaldo's getting in Benzema's way from some selfish desire to be the only one who can score TBH, I also think you're under rating Benzema's role in the team. We had the same deal with Rooney, it wasn't a conscious thing that Ronaldo just sets out to hog the ball and play as a striker, the whole system was built around Rooney covering for and creating space for Ronaldo to dominate in, sometimes you just have to sacrifice a another player's game if it means getting the best out of a player as talented as Ronaldo is.

I'm not denying he acts like a petulant brat out on the field too regularly but I just think you're over playing how deep that problem runs when you deem it 'toxic' considering how glowingly his team mates and coaches all speak of him. I guess we can just agree to disagree though.

Anyone reckon Cavani would be good for them? Or is he a bit too phisical for Spanish football?

Would certainly prefer him to Benzema IMO.

would take benzema any day of the week. he would excel at a club where he's allowed to score and not forced to hand off to his billionaire mates

this is what happens when a manager isn't allowed to build a team, they just get given a bunch of toys to play with, and no time to put them together. other clubs have been guilty of this, but this has been madrid's policy for at least 15 years.
Yes I'm sure Mou didn't have any say in signing Diego Lopez and benching a club legend after falling out with him. Or buying his favorite Carvalho and Di Maria + Coentrao.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would take benzema any day of the week. he would excel at a club where he's allowed to score and not forced to hand off to his billionaire mates
He's pretty inconsistent though. But then again, that's more the role he plays at Madrid than him I guess.

I reckon Cavani would work better with Ronaldo and James on the wings.

sacking managers on a whim will do that. so will constant chopping and changing for the latest big name

dont pretend that hasn't been perez's policy. mourinho's the closest any of them have come to building a team for a long time.
In our case sacking the manager brought us instant success. Mou had plenty of freedom, as did Carlo to pretty much change everything Mou did. They're coaches not football directors

one la liga in 7 years, 1 champions league in 13 years. it's not exactly the model of sustained success for what is the biggest club in the world.
You're saying its because we don't give coaches freedom even though they get more freedom than Barca in the same timeframe, and in the last 15 years we've won the most CL titles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back