Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have the team to win two minimum. It will be the decade of dominance when we win 4. You could make the argument at 3, but at 4 there is no argument.
No chance we win 4 premierships in the next decade.

We‘ll get at least five and go past West Coast 💪🏼

Don’t shoot! Plenty of reasons to be optimistic, but geez there’s a looong way to go and a lot to work on. This first quarter thing has to be in their heads, why is it still a thing? For me it’s too early to say we are the real deal, once bitten twice shy but hell it’s great to see Fyfe in the guts playing like days of old.

The team played like absolute crap for a half and still won (convincingly).

That’s scary.

Also feel like they’re starting to build a bit of a ruthless edge. When they have the momentum, they don’t just go for the kill, they pull out the fatality.

No chance we win 4 premierships in the next decade.

We‘ll get at least five and go past West Coast 💪🏼
Renee Zellweger GIF

Don’t shoot! Plenty of reasons to be optimistic, but geez there’s a looong way to go and a lot to work on. This first quarter thing has to be in their heads, why is it still a thing? For me it’s too early to say we are the real deal, once bitten twice shy but hell it’s great to see Fyfe in the guts playing like days of old.

I love this post. My take on it, is that your observation is correct.

My outlook on what that means for the future is different. When we were coached by Lyon (this is not hate - loved him) we would not win if we went down by 4 goals. While we don't want to make a habit of getting behind (the best teams don't go down by 4-5 goals regularly), the fact we have the class and firepower to get back into games and kick ahead speaks volumes of our talent.

Add to that talent more experience and the fact they must be prioritising it, and I don't think it will be a problem each week.

On top of that you add three first round draft picks at the end of the year, the high chance we play finals this year, our group of three or four players who we could argue will all be top ten and definitely top fifteen in the league.

And there is simply more to hope for since you had a date for prom night and the after party was booked at a house with no parents.

I am almost 100% certain we will win one. If we win one I think we will win two, due to our age profile and the wave of purple momentum. And when we win the second we will have to manage some older players out and younger players in. Then we go again with Darcy and Ryan at 30 or 31. Brayshaw and the rest will still be in their prime and Jackson will have won a brownlow, having given the best brownlow speech in the last 2 decades.

All the hoo ha around Jackson turning into a pillar of salt when Darcy comes back is so boring. Kane makes one of his premature click bait calls and everyone falls in line echoing him ad nauseum. Can’t wait until both are on the field, there won’t be a minute of respite for the opposing ruckman aka the Gawn/Jackson premiership combo.
Gawckson had nothing on DARCKSON!
Just a glimpse of the mystery that would unfold in the west
YOKAI!

The team played like absolute crap for a half and still won (convincingly).

That’s scary.

Also feel like they’re starting to build a bit of a ruthless edge. When they have the momentum, they don’t just go for the kill, they pull out the fatality.
Reminds me of 2013, when we started partying at three quarter time, because the team would never lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after Wright gets 6 weeks they might re-think this tactic (ps I think he might get 3)
I think it is a four week act, but he wont get that, and the AFL will not appeal it either.
There is so much bluff and bluster that the AFL and tribunal spout pre season but go to water when the chips are down.They shoot themselves in the foot every year.

we still have depth, and our WAFL side actually develops players
WAFL side helped everyone.

- Helps developed actual Local Peel talent.

- Rotated our experienced depth players like Nathan Wilson and Tavis Coyler

- rotated our younger docker players too

WAFL side helped everyone.

- Helps developed actual Local Peel talent.

- Rotated our experienced depth players like Nathan Wilson and Tavis Coyler

- rotated our younger docker players too

And will see players like Simpson raring to go.

Chappy and NOD getting game time before pressing for selection is another luxury on what is going to be a fine season!

I am going to watch just to see him play. Even though we are winning, I want him in the team as soon as possible.

I can see why people do drugs, this thread is like being in some amazing, parallel universe where the fields are covered in flowers, unicorns 🦄 prance in the sunshine under the most beautiful rainbow 🌈 you have ever seen and butterflys 🦋 fill the air.

Back in the real world we have the only unicorn in the universe, so why not be optimistic? Onward to premiership glory. (I hope)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back