Recruiting for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd want to improve if he wants a game at Dimmy. Very underwhelming performances out of him at Kalkee last year. Was probably lucky to get a Grand Final berth.

Thats Kalkee were they do no real pre season with minimal numbers, and a Disitrict league style of Kick long ball up kick long ball up. WFL would be more sorted for pickert. fast pace run and receive.

Thats Kalkee were they do no real pre season with minimal numbers, and a Disitrict league style of Kick long ball up kick long ball up. WFL would be more sorted for pickert. fast pace run and receive.
'fast' Pickert was run down and caught by Argall in the grand final

why the hell is all the talk about a basketballer who only plays footy because there is no basketball anymore.
good luck to the guy, not many other players who play 1s at a club would go try break into a premiership team.

why the hell is all the talk about a basketballer who only plays footy because there is no basketball anymore.
good luck to the guy, not many other players who play 1s at a club would go try break into a premiership team.

Not sure he would be in the best 21 at this stage but I do agree that his style of play is suited more to the Wimmera league, he's more of an outside player who likes to get the ball gifted to him rather than having to get his own ball. Also, it will be interesting to see how he goes at Dimboola as I know there are a few blokes there who don't get along with him very well.

I see Diggers have lost Cameron, Williams and possibly Mines to Tatty while Chamberlin left halfway through last season. Hard to see them being competitive. What's news on Demons departures: anymore confirmed from Parish, Blake, Gilbert. Geue? Liston? Wood?

I see Diggers have lost Cameron, Williams and possibly Mines to Tatty while Chamberlin left halfway through last season. Hard to see them being competitive. What's news on Demons departures: anymore confirmed from Parish, Blake, Gilbert. Geue? Liston? Wood?

Geue and Wood staying at Horsham. Liston still may stay depending on employment. Great numbers on the track, will still be up there in 2014.

Pimpino Saints to be the new team in the district league as Dempster, Wood, Cassidy Wills and of course our dear old friend Jesse Hatcher who couldn't cut the fish eaters list! Cash money $$$

Oliver braithwaite from Dimboola has been appointed Assitant coach out at Laharum. bitta coin thrown around out there I would say. quality footballer but easy shoes to fill. thoughts?

Oliver braithwaite from Dimboola has been appointed Assitant coach out at Laharum. bitta coin thrown around out there I would say. quality footballer but easy shoes to fill. thoughts?

Really? Has that been confirmed or is it just a rumour? The Dimboola faithful would be pretty disappointed. Big pick up for Laharum if its true, quality player and quality person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of fallout from the Roos after Exell and a few others given more coin after seriously considering offers from Kalkee. Local boys missing out.

Pimpino Saints to be the new team in the district league as Dempster, Wood, Cassidy Wills and of course our dear old friend Jesse Hatcher who couldn't cut the fish eaters list! Cash money $$$

Have heard speculation that Butsch will be standing down from coaching Saints due to illness resurfacing.
Hope it`s not the case for the lad. Any word on the Diggers Dilemmas? Surely they are in more trouble than ever before with their departures and little recruiting.

Bit of a surprise. Confirmed in the MT today. IMO he is a big loss - underestimated role player with discipline and speed. Fair enough though. Finally scored a premiership at his home club, and now looking for coaching experience elsewhere - sometimes its good to broaden your horizons if you want to lead. Chance to go back to the Roos in future in a coaching role maybe?

False. They have been guaranteed a gig in 2014. The whole Wimmera league is set to be reviewed in 12 months time.
How can any club be guaranteed a 'gig'. They still have to have the numbers to field sides each week. The league can't guarantee that!!

talks are that United are getting a solid 3-5 players at training. Surely they haven't got that much longer before they are gone. no one wants to play for them, thats the sad part and if they cant field a team .....well goodbye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back