Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds to me like their source was probably western royboy - with a bit of embellishment to make it sound even juicier.

If it came to another bidding war with the Crows ala Polec & Burgess i'm confident we'd come out on top in selling the club to him & his family, I wouldn't worry so much about the trade & more about coming up with the 10 year Buddy type deal to get him to commit to us.

We've had a few things going for us this year. We were sitting top of the table for half of the season, still a chance of finishing top 4, 5th best attendance average in the comp 6x more than he plays in front of at Spotless & he's seen the improvement in players coming into our club with Polec, Schulz , Ebert, White & Hombsch (ex teammate who could be a lure)

Ken obviously says all the right things when he goes out & targets a player that can fill a need, from what we heard from White & Polec he makes a player want to play under him, buy into the environment of the club & promises to get the best out of them.

Burgess could be another big factor due to his standing/profile in the league & Jezzas ankle injury, players would watch the recruit & seeing our fitness guru touted as the best fitness/conditioning manager in the league would only make us look a more attractive option.

I remember with fondness the Polec thread on both this board and the Adelaide board.

Good times, good times.
If he nominates an SA club as his preference the Polec saga which was pretty big in it's own right will be small time compared to the hype that Jezza would generate between the two clubs, it'll be another fun megathread to follow though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pavlich
1998 draft - as a 17 year old with a bad back rejected by clubs
1999 taken pick 4
2000 debuts plays 18 games finishes 9th in b&f
2001 plays 21 games kicks 28 goals finishes 4th in b&f
2002 plays 22 qames mainly at CHB but select at FB in All Oz team wins b&f

What would we have given up to get him at the end of 2002. We gave up pick 4 to get Wakelin in 2000.

Cameron
2010 plucked out of obscurity as a 17 year old
2011 plays in the NEAL
2012 plays 16 games kicks 29 goals 3rd in b&f
2013 plays 21 games kicks 62 goals picked in All Oz team at FF wins b&f
2014 injury interupted season so far

Last edited:
Pavlich
1998 draft as a 17 year old with a bad back rejected by clubs
1999 taken pick 4
2000 debuts plays 18 games finishes 9th in b&f
2001 plays 21 games kicks 28 goals finishes 4th in b&f
2002 plays 22 qames mainly at CHB but select at FB in All Oz team wins b&f

What would we have given up to get him aat the end of 2002. We gave up pick 4 o get Wakelin in 2000.

Cameron
2010 plucked out of obscurity as a 17 year old
2011 plays in the NEAL
2012 plays 16 games kicks 29 goals
2013 plays 21 games kicks 62 goals picked in All Oz team at FF
2014 injury interupted season so far

Can't agree with the 2010 comment - he was on the radar all year #freak

Can't agree with the 2010 comment - he was on the radar all year #freak

Maybe I should have said relative obscurity. HIs Ballarat team mate Kurt Aylett had a hell of a lot more hype about him when the GWS also took him as one of their other 17 year olds.

Q
Cameron is a better player than WGT at the same age.
There, I said it. Come at me.

Fair call. Jezza was 20 when he made all Oz and won his clubs b&f. Wazza was 22 when he accompished those feats.

If GWS trade Cameron with a year to run on his contract they might as well fold. They'll never find another player as marketable as Jezza and probably won't ever find one more talented either.

You gotta give it to the GWS. They could pick a forward line from the start of next year with
Boyd Cameron a little bloke
Tomlinson Patton McCarthy

and spook the s**t out every other side who would ditch all bar one of their defenders under 192cms..

You gotta give it to the GWS. They could pick a forward line from the start of next year with

and spook the s**t out every other side who would ditch all bar one of their defenders under 192cms..

Opposition coaches would simply play a couple of 190+ sliders to intercept and run off the big blokes. The game has evolved from simple one on one match ups. They might take a few contested marks up forward but would be cut up going the other way.

Ken does not spook easily.

For everyone saying this guy is untouchable, this one cant be traded etc.....
We arent going to be a force until we find another forward and now.
This year we are, with Trengove back from injury, another tall forward away from a shot at this years flag!
We wont EVER take the next step until we have at least one more tall forward.... and by the time shaw, Harvey come on and thats a big IF, Westhoff and Schulz could be retired! We need a ready made to go and now. And he is just a SUPER talent!
If they said wines and our first id take it, Bobby and our first, bobby butcher first Wines and bobby, Hartlett bobby, so many i would take now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back