Senior List
Aug 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart and Rebels
Hey,

Just found in the KooGa Catalogue something interesting. Its saying we will wear a Red away jumper next season. I have sent off a text to the CCO asking for confirmation. Maybe Bulldogs Official can tell us. Why was this presented at the Best and Fairest?

sss.png

I hope not. After our last red/orange guernsey I don't think I could handle another one.

Isn't the white one our away guernsey though? Or is that the clash? I would prefer we just kept the blue one as the home, and white as away/clash.

Blue @ home games, white @ away games. Those two jumpers work really well and look nice and neat. The red one looks a bit garish, something about red being the main colour makes it less of a Footscray jumper in my eyes.

However, given we had some success in a red jumper in the past, I'll suck it up and get around it if they go with it.

I hope not. After our last red/orange guernsey I don't think I could handle another one.

I'm guessing you mean the Origin guernsey?
It was pretty terrible, so terrible I own one for the novelty!

I actually don't mind the look of the red guernsey. But as stated earlier, a mainly red guernsey just does not really speak "Bulldogs" to me.

I'd buy one though :)

The Blue is our Home with the Blue shorts, Away is the Blue jumper and white shorts and the Clash is White jumper and white shorts

No club shouldnt have to worry about an actual away jumper unless there is a big clash. There are some teams we play away and we do not need to have the away jumper becuase our colours dont clash with the other team.

I'm guessing you mean the Origin guernsey?
It was pretty terrible, so terrible I own one for the novelty!

I actually don't mind the look of the red guernsey. But as stated earlier, a mainly red guernsey just does not really speak "Bulldogs" to me.

I'd buy one though :)

Yep, the Origin guernsey :p

I own one too, but it hasn't seen the light of day for a long time.

I actually prefer the design of the red guernsey to the white as the latter just looks a bit anaemic and weak to me. I agree that we should only use a clash jumper when we actually do clash.

Brilliant.

When we play North and Geelong as the away team the red would be a significant differential, against these 2 teams we have so much blue and white that it's pretty hard to see who's who at times,

Why do people confuse "Clash" with "Away" jumpers. Two different scenarios depending on the team we are playing. :thumbsu:
Red jumper also good for signatures. :)

PS: While I have learnt to live with the "Whites". The white jumper and white socks makes us look a bit sissy. Hardly threatening coming up against that. :thumbsdown:

Don't like it, stick with the white one.

Red is not the predominant color in our strip.

Also the only sides our strip clashes with are West Coast and Freo. Wear the white one against them, although not fussed

Can easily wear our home blue jumper against Norf and Geelong, have done so for years.

I really hope the club doesn't go with the red jumper. Keep it simple - blue home, white away.

Isn't the white one our away guernsey though? Or is that the clash? I would prefer we just kept the blue one as the home, and white as away/clash.

Hate to say it, but except for Luke Darcy doing his knee in it, I actually like the Origin ..Orange/Tan terror

I prefer the red one just to be different to most other sides with the reverse white strip

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't look completely awful, but it's not too clean either. I would have preferred if it were the clash strip rather than the away, if only because it would probably see less use then. Say what you will, I still prefer the white guernsey to this. Teams using a white clash only bothers me when white isn't one of their colours, which isn't much of a problem for us.

Spoke with Nick Truelson and he confirmed it was a stuff up on Kooga's behalf and mistaked it with the Training Jumpers. They dont have the our training jumpers just the playing ones as they are the same design.

We are one of the rare instances where white works as the alternate strip (not a clash jumper, an alternate strip). Too many teams use white for the sake of having white and it looks ridiculous, but it works very well for us.

Hey,

Just found in the KooGa Catalogue something interesting. Its saying we will wear a Red away jumper next season. I have sent off a text to the CCO asking for confirmation. Maybe Bulldogs Official can tell us. Why was this presented at the Best and Fairest?

sss.png

Look, I'm all for Red (my name means it, it's my favourite colour and was in Red house in high school) but that shade looks horrid.

I hope it's a better view from the TV than the photo provided because that's an eyesore.

Look, I'm all for Red (my name means it, it's my favourite colour and was in Red house in high school) but that shade looks horrid.

I hope it's a better view from the TV than the photo provided because that's an eyesore.

Thankfully it isn't a playing guernsey. Not the best look for match day. Just a training jumper.

Spoke with Nick Truelson and he confirmed it was a stuff up on Kooga's behalf and mistaked it with the Training Jumpers. They dont have the our training jumpers just the playing ones as they are the same design.

Back