Autopsy Dogs defeat Dees 110-100 - Redemption

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn’t an unduly push, it was a marking contest and the stronger player won. The ball was coming in and it was a push in the side, the type of contest that happens in every game. Would be differently interpreted if it was a push when a player is jumping for the mark etc
I think the rule is the ball has to be within 10 metres or something? So maybe it was legal. But not just a matter of strength. Bruce could have given May a huge ass push just the same as he got. They weren't just leaning on each other in a test of strength. Maybe all within the rules but it seems wrong. There was another similar incident as well so maybe it's something they practice.

The growth of Buku has been amazing to watch this year

He has all the confidence now after playing a couple of games, its crazy how athletic the lad is

Just need to persist with him. He started poorly against a very dangerous forward but turned it around in the second half. Just needs to keep on building confidence, it feels like he became much better when only one or two players went up for the ball.

Very fine line. He took his eyes off the ball towards Bruce to work out where to shove him. Obvious free kick to me.
Exactly. You take your eye off the ball, you get pinged.

I think Dale was on the receiving end of this earlier in the night for a shepherd in a marking contest.

Not sure about the blocking free that you mean, I know Dale gave one away which was 100% correct. But the big shove on Bruce was just strength, Bruce actually looked to make contact first but May is both a strong unit and hard to move, he still needs time to build his strength back up.
He also shoved him in the side which is allowed.

Just need to persist with him. He started poorly against a very dangerous forward but turned it around in the second half. Just needs to keep on building confidence, it feels like he became much better when only one or two players went up for the ball.
I'm still disappointed that he didn't break at least 4 of Frtiz's ribs when the opportunity presented itself.

Lloyd had a lot of positive stuff to say about Jamarra on the AFL website, really highlighted his workrate up the field and how he's making multiple leads to lose his man.

A nice Carlton supporter just spoke on Derwayne's show saying he was happy for the lad. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes we get so caught up in weekly results we can miss when bigger things are happening within a squad.

In the past month no less than 5 of our less than 25 game, 18-21yeat old developing group have made huge strides;

• Riley, Rhylee and McSteal have gone from occasional glimpses to more consistent performers.
  • Buku has gone from depth utility to genuine tall defender option who is starting to look like he belongs,
  • of course Jamarra headlines with back to back performances and 8 big goals.

All have gone from fringe a few weeks ago to demanding retention and, in some cases, becoming genuine weapons to worry the opposition.

That's nearly a quarter of a team and a healthy spread of attributes and roles. A massive month for the depth and development of our squad and club.

I think Dale was on the receiving end of this earlier in the night for a shepherd in a marking contest.
That's just not true. You're allowed to take your eyes off the ball as long as you contest the mark, which he did because he took it.

Dale did not contest the mark at all. Just blocked his opponent.

Serious question: what rule does that fall under? No genuine attempt to mark? Blocking the contest?

TBH I don't see what's wrong with a defender taking eyes off the ball to see what their opponent is doing. Would have thought what matters is what they do, not where they look?

Serious question: what rule does that fall under? No genuine attempt to mark? Blocking the contest?

TBH I don't see what's wrong with a defender taking eyes off the ball to see what their opponent is doing. Would have thought what matters is what they do, not where they look?

If they only have eyes on the opponent then it should absolutely be a block. It's just bizarre that the instant a player takes his eyes off the ball it's suddenly a block even when they make a genuine attempt.

A nice Carlton supporter just spoke on Derwayne's show saying he was happy for the lad. :thumbsu:

And some ex Melb (?) player Jones was more rapt for Jamarra than anyone!! He started off the segment with him and then went on for a couple of minutes when asked about his highlights for the round at the end.

Did anyone notice a beer cup sail over the fence after JUH kicked that last goal? Came from several rows back.

On the other hand some Dees supporters near the fence were clapping him.
Just noticed it on the replay - was old mate on the left in the 80s style Bulldogs kit getting a bit excited, not an angry Melbourne fan.

1658723255149.png
1658723289796.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back