Discussion Return to Moorabbin

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

“The Andrews Labor Government is in discussions with the St Kilda Football Club about its future home and where that home may be,’’ Lane said.

Speculation persists that St Kilda Football Club is close to clinching $10 million in State Government funding for a redevelopment of the Linton St ground, over and above money already committed to establish it as a hub of community football in the south-east.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...-ground-in-limbo/story-fngnvmhm-1227313390255

Hell. Yes.

$10.9m current project
+ $10m state govt for new
Then there is the $10m that the AFL had committed to a JV at JO that hasn't been reallocated yet, but I'd hope we'd have a decent shot at getting a decent slice of (since it was technically going to be used for our relocation anyway).

~$30m would get us a very nice facility and Moorabbin has plenty of room to grow at and that whole precinct from the station to Linton st is planned to undergo an urban renewal scheme in the coming years so it should end up a really nice area.

I'd throw everything I had at that. Call in favors, beg our rich as hell members for funding and support, rattle tins on street corners. Do whatever needs to be done to make that happen.

$10.9m current project
Then there is the $10m that the AFL had committed to a JV at JO that hasn't been reallocated yet, but I'd hope we'd have a decent shot at getting a decent slice of (since it was technically going to be used for our relocation anyway).

~$30m would get us a very nice facility and Moorabbin has plenty of room to grow at and that whole precinct from the station to Linton st is planned to undergo an urban renewal scheme in the coming years so it should end up a really nice area.

I'd throw everything I had at that. Call in favors, beg our rich as hell members for funding and support, rattle tins on street corners. Do whatever needs to be done to make that happen.
they have my no. :p

Yeah, they only sell machine coffee inner city.

In the bayside suburbs, we have to settle for blend 43

Hard to be cool, without latte

Yeah, they only sell machine coffee inner city.

In the bayside suburbs, we have to settle for blend 43

Hard to be cool, without latte
on that if saints need anyone to make them coffees then ill be more than happy to put up my hand, but i want some of that shiel/treloar money:p

$10.9m current project

i love it!!!

“In terms of Moorabbin, that is probably the logical place (for the Saints)."

"I know that the sports minister John Eren has been talking to Gill (McLachlan) and his team, and to the St Kilda footy club about what might be able to be done there.”

Daniel Andrews on SEN.

Will be a great and fitting result for the club, cant happen soon enough! Thank god the AFL are going to bail us out with the Seaford complex, we dont need a huge debt hanging over us...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with Moorabbin, to be honest. It makes us masters of our own domain, has a more recent - and to be frank more prosperous - historical identity with the club than Junction. It's still close to the city for players, even if it's not Junction, and it's a helluvalot easier to get to, park, etc. With good quality development of the property, it could end up being a fabulous venue. If the AFL, State Government, etc all get it up to $20 million or so, then that will make that pretty viable.

OK so lets say we get to redo Moorabbin, what do we want it to have?
Obviously number 1 is best facilities money can buy for the club and the players so we have a 30-40 year home for the club.

I think the club should then be looking to make the place a destination, maybs a good dinner place, function centre, a gym for public/members things like that to attract a bit more cashola for the club
What are everyone's thoughts?

Obviously number 1 is best facilities money can buy for the club and the players so we have a 30-40 year home for the club.

I think the club should then be looking to make the place a destination, maybs a good dinner place, function centre, a gym for public/members things like that to attract a bit more cashola for the club
Waterslliiiiiiides

Poker machines. Bank and banks of glorious poker machines sucking the golden life out of everybody. It's how the others get on after all...

Even a decent merchandise store, surely a lot of profit could be made...it used to be hung in the foyer
with online shopping boom over the last 5-10 years i wouldn't call this a must at all. also i would love to know what cut clubs get from mercy sold at the AFL store or where ever else they sell their gear

with online shopping boom over the last 5-10 years i wouldn't call this a must at all. also i would love to know what cut clubs get from mercy sold at the AFL store or where ever else they sell their gear
The AFL collect it and distribute it to the clubs, not sure if there's a formula or an even split

It not be what we originally thought was a great move from Seaford with going to the Junction Oval. But it could end up that we end up with a far better result, going back to our spiritual home at Moorabbin. Not hemmed in by other roads, sharing with cricket and chance to build a great community hub.

From Victorian Premiers comments today, seems they are on board with Saints moving to Moorabbin and will financially help us to get there. Getting screwed out by Cricket Victoria, may end up as a real win for us.

One from left field, a kids playground. Seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back