Richards on Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Mitchell leave the field or was even attended to by any runners?
Insufficient force to warrant a report

I think you could be on the money although it would have to be looked at seeing as it's the head. I don't think the ump was even going to give a free kick
Jetta may not be so lucky - Breust left the ground and has a shiner

Richards on Mitchell: should be Intentional, High Contact, Low Impact - 1 week.
Will be Careless, High Contact, Low Impact - $1,000 fine.

Jetta on Breust: should be Intentional, High Contact, Low Impact - 1 week.
Will be Careless, High Contact, Low Impact - $1,000 fine.

COLA discount working well.

I thought the late hit on Roughie had him smash in to the fence which would be a rough play $1,000 fine. But given it was 4 bolts on the ground Im not sure who the MRP go after.

Did Mitchell leave the field or was even attended to by any runners?
Insufficient force to warrant a report
Went down but got up again so low impact. Question is careless vs intentional, I thought elbow was mostly tucked in so could get careless which makes it a fine.

1 down to 0 for the Sydney discount.

No media mention whatsoever similar to the Jetta on Breust incident.

Both clearly head high bumps that would have warranted suspension to anyone else and twice as much to unsociable Hawks :rolleyes:
It was mentioned immidently after

Mitchell played on with no ill effect.

Richards has never been reported before either so that helps.

Just a Fine.

Goldstein took his free kick after Lewis clobbered him. Still got 3 weeks down to 2.

The MRP dont look at the actual incident. They read the Sports section of the newspaper, watch FoxFooty and listen to talkback radio. And then modify it based on what Mark Evans tells them to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldstein took his free kick after Lewis clobbered him. Still got 3 weeks down to 2.

The MRP dont look at the actual incident. They read the Sports section of the newspaper, watch FoxFooty and listen to talkback radio. And then modify it based on what Mark Evans tells them to do.
Hit the nail on the head!

Assessment of high impact based on point 4.2(b) of the Tribunal guidelines on page 9 ‘.. strong consideration will be given to the potential to cause serious injury’.

3 down to 2. Exactly like the Jordan Lewis incident. 100% this is what will happen.

I think we should apply the Leigh Matthews approach, see if Mitchell gets hit in the head another 2-3 times, and if he did it might be a problem.

I would find it pretty bloody unlikely that Mark Evans has an anti-Hawthorn bias.

I would find it pretty bloody unlikely that Mark Evans has an anti-Hawthorn bias.

Or he is going out of his way to show his independence. Like Sewell.

When Hodge and Lewis were given elevated penalties due to the potential for injury Evans admitted he had gone in to speak to the MRP. When Buddy and Tippett got soft penalties he again admitted he had gone in to speak to the MRP.

He doesnt usually do this.

So do you think he was asking for pitch reports, or talking to the MRP about what the AFL wanted?

He was also the person in charge of providing us compensation for Buddy.

Where he deemed pick #20 sufficient :rolleyes:

If there was ever a time for extraordinary compensation, that was it.

Edit: Although I'm also of the view he was trying to prove his independence by going overboard based on pandering to the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back