• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone recall if Newy had a crack at any of the other recent head coach jobs?

Going by his interview the other day it seems he was specifically waiting for Dimma to move on
dont think he has

was waiting to cut dimmas lunch if we were bottom 4

It’s gotta be between Newman & Yze

(both have spent time under clarkson)

Newy wasn’t involved in the afl premierships but lead the the VFL to a premiership & prelim

Yze hasn’t coached a VFL team but has been involved in 4 AFL premierships (Hawks 3peat & dees 2021)

“Yze, a Melbourne life member, is highly regarded at the Demons, where he looks after the on-ballers and has been Simon Goodwin's primary tactician behind the scenes since he arrived in late 2020”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not a fan of bringing in someone whose played games with any of senior list. Standards dropped after 2020 and thats directly from too many of our older guys feeling content with their achievements and friendly with the headcoach. I want that crap to stop next year, starting with the philosophy of "building into a season". How about next season we start afresh with the attitude of banking wins early, middle & end so we finish top 4. We may not do it but its a hell of a lot better than the attitude of "we'll just do the hard work later" and premierships will just magically happen.
Grimes, Martin, Vlastuin, Short, Soldo & McIntosh is all that remain (6 players) from when he played at the club.

Think that's a non-issue considering a few of those players will retire over the next season or 2.

Newman or bust IMO, don't want Yze, Gia or Mini. Which other person would you prefer?

Yeh seems that way. Interesting Newman was invited to Trent and Jack farewell. Which he rejected what a professional.
Even the way he conducted himself in the 3AW interview
Handled it like a pro but still kind of alluded that we might be further into the process than what the media are reporting

He’s definitely my favourite for the job right now

"I would," Newman answered when asked about whether he would like the Tigers' job.

"Obviously, it's no secret I wanted to put my hand up to coach Rochmond, and I'll get that opportunity now (due to the club's hiring process)

"Progressively, that's been my aim throughout my coaching career.

"I've got some experience in not only coaching my own team at Box Hill, but going through various lines and learning off some really good coaches."

While Newman was happy to speak openly on his desires, the 2017 VFL Coach of the Year would not speak publicly about the club's processes.

"I don't want to talk about process yet ... out of respect to the process and Richmond," Newman added. "I'll let them reveal that."

Newy wasn’t involved in the afl premierships but lead the the VFL to a premiership & prelim

Yze hasn’t coached a VFL team but has been involved in 4 AFL premierships (Hawks 3peat & dees 2021)

“Yze, a Melbourne life member, is highly regarded at the Demons, where he looks after the on-ballers and has been Simon Goodwin's primary tactician behind the scenes since he arrived in late 2020”

lol yze has applied like 6 times and got knocked back

big deal if he was at the hawks back then when there was a diluted talent pool across the comp due to gc and gws coming in and shemans covid flag is a huge asterisk

for me the fact that newy was waiting for the rfc job to
be the first time he applies speaks volumes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol yze has applied like 6 times and got knocked back

big deal if he was at the hawks back then when there was a diluted talent pool across the comp due to gc and gws coming in and shemans covid flag is a huge asterisk

for me the fact that newy was waiting for the rfc job to
be the first time he applies speaks volumes

Yep, he's a Richmond man lol

Don't want anyone from Melbourne to many issues

Stop stealing my Bradbury laughs bro lol
Car Stealing GIF

Order of preference:

1. Chris Newman
2. Adem Yze
3. Xavier Clarke
4. Daniel Giansiracusa
5. Andrew McQualter

McQualter’s OK, but he’s just not the best. So that’s a no from me. I’d be OK with the others tbh.

As long as there is no left-field selection like Steve Morris or something like that. The club loves a good shock when selecting basically anything.

Grimes, Martin, Vlastuin, Short, Soldo & McIntosh is all that remain (6 players) from when he played at the club.

Think that's a non-issue considering a few of those players will retire over the next season or 2.

Newman or bust IMO, don't want Yze, Gia or Mini. Which other person would you prefer?
Out of that list Yze, been involved in a successful program thats won an AFL Premiership in the past 2years (not a VFL program). Like Kingsley because he's lost out on a few jobs, people have jumped off him? theres no reason why.

Wallsy doing great work at Ikon Park.
Maybe bring in Wallsy to oversee the choice with Balmey.
On a serious note, Mini is the player favourite.
My own view is that Newy is aligned with our years of failure.
Mini has been there at the coalface through the three premierships and knows what is required.
Balls is arch enemy,he can GFDKD

Like other have said, Yze and Newman are the preferred candidates. My only concern over Yze has always been that he has missed out on multiple head coaching jobs already. Why wasn’t he good enough then?

On a serious note, Mini is the player favourite, that counts for something.
My own view is that Newy is aligned and synonymous with our years of failure, cannot shake it off.
Mini has been there at the coalface, a part of the three premierships and knows what is required.
He has been in the pressure cooker.
Newy said he grew up idolising Silvagni and Carlton, no way.
No way Yze either.

The more I think about it the more I wan't Newman as head coach.
We talk about Richmond men having certain qualities which he displays.
I'm not worried about him being a past player, he has been out of the Richmond bubble long enough now.
The flip side is he could hopefully bring back Grigg as an assistant. Win Win

Last edited:
On a serious note, Mini is the player favourite, that counts for something.
My own view is that Newy is aligned and synonymous with our years of failure, cannot shake it off.
Mini has been there at the coalface, a part of the three premierships and knows what is required.
He has been in the pressure cooker.
Newy said he grew up idolising Silvagni and Carlton, no way.
No way Yze either.
mini idolized eljay connors

1692672338555.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back