• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And than went and replaced them with Mitchell & O'Meara younger but not as good, a lot of parallels between us & Hawthorn you can't deny it.
I do not blame us going after Taranto & Hopper but you need change directions very quickly if you feel it didn't work what you hoped.

Let's not waste the rest of the careers of Shai, Rioli, Baker etc.
I will deny it, please it's complete bollocks.

Richmond drafted 5 players inside the Top 30 in the 2021 draft, just a year after their 2020 flag. At what stage did the Hawks do this?

Also, Hawthorn traded out club legends Hodge, Lewis and SMitchell (as well as soon-to-be Isaac "Norm" Smith as free agent, and now Jack Gunston) to other clubs for a pittance, thus decimating their club leadership. In contrast, Richmond have rewarded the likes of Cotchin, Riewoldt, Grimes, Houli and Edwards by extending contracts so as to see out their respective careers in yellow and black, thus entrenching them forever as Tiger champions to the end, and most importantly keeping their onfield leadership in-house.

In addition, Richmond have not moved on a single best-22 player to another club in the last 6 years. Butler, Higgins, Naish, CCJ, Ellis, Chol and Markov were all fringe players struggling to break into the senior team when moved on. In comparison, in the handful of years after their last flag, the Hawks traded out 1st XXII players Brad Hill, Ryan Burton and Taylor Duryea. Don't ask me about Ceglar - I'm not sure where he sat in the Hawks pecking order.

Richmond have brought in one single free agent - a superstar who has been worth every single penny and some. Neither the 2019 or the 2020 premiership cups would be at Tigerland if it were not for the recruitment of Tom Lynch. Meanwhile the Hawks soaked up valuable salary cap on really poor free agent (or late pick) choices Tom Scully, Tyrone Vickery, Darren Minchington, Tom Phillips and Jon Patton. They get a credit for Henderson - he was a fine recruit.

Bringing in Hopper and Taranto for a late-1st, a mid-1st and an early-2nd rounder is not the equivalent of emptying your trade cupboard on the likes of Impey, O'Meara, TMitchell and Scrimshaw.

Richmond have made some mistakes, but they're definitely not the same mistakes Hawthorn have made. You've got to use a lot of imagination and creative license to see any parallels.

Its not the players being lazy, the new rules ****ed us. Stand rule and 666 ****ed up our chaos ball.

So now we have to crop the players that can't make it and bring in new ones. I still think it's bullshit that Dimma reckons "the message wasn't getting through", more like the players couldn't adapt, and gold coast dangled an irresistible carrot.
they will change the rules back once we assemble a new side that will dominate the stand rule era watch

Richmond drafted 5 players inside the Top 30 in the 2021 draft, just a year after their 2020 flag. At what stage did the Hawks do this?

Also, Hawthorn traded out club legends Hodge, Lewis and SMitchell (as well as soon-to-be Isaac "Norm" Smith as free agent, and now Jack Gunston) to other clubs for a pittance, thus decimating their club leadership. In contrast, Richmond have rewarded the likes of Cotchin, Riewoldt, Grimes, Houli and Edwards by extending contracts so as to see out their respective careers in yellow and black, thus entrenching them forever as Tiger champions to the end, and most importantly keeping their onfield leadership in-house.

In addition, Richmond have not moved on a single best-22 player to another club in the last 6 years. Butler, Higgins, Naish, CCJ, Ellis, Chol and Markov were all fringe players struggling to break into the senior team when moved on. In comparison, in the handful of years after their last flag, the Hawks traded out 1st XXII players Brad Hill, Ryan Burton and Taylor Duryea. Don't ask me about Ceglar - I'm not sure where he sat in the Hawks pecking order.

Richmond have brought in one single free agent - a superstar who has been worth every single penny and some. Neither the 2019 or the 2020 premiership cups would be at Tigerland if it were not for the recruitment of Tom Lynch. Meanwhile the Hawks soaked up valuable salary cap on really poor free agent (or late pick) choices Tom Scully, Tyrone Vickery, Darren Minchington, Tom Phillips and Jon Patton. They get a credit for Henderson - he was a fine recruit.

Bringing in Hopper and Taranto for a late-1st, a mid-1st and an early-2nd rounder is not the equivalent of emptying your trade cupboard on the likes of Impey, O'Meara, TMitchell and Scrimshaw.

Richmond have made some mistakes, but they're definitely not the same mistakes Hawthorn have made. You've got to use a lot of imagination and creative license to see any parallels.
I was only just comparing Taranto & Hopper trade to Mitchell & O'Meara alone, I know we drafted heavily in 2021 jury is still out whether we stuffed that draft up, my worry is also our development lately has not been as strong.

Culture has been exiting for a few years. Jack and Cotch the latest and arguably the biggest on field part of the exodus.

President gone, coach gone, great assistant coaches gone, Rance, Houli, Edwards, Astbury, Caddy, George, Grigg etc

Who is going to step up to the leadership role on field. Nank and Grimes hasn't really worked. Are there any other candidates.......doubtful.

#Rebuild
We're not challenging for a while. Some 'glass half full' posters think we are but I think they're deluded. Our best use of the soft cap for the next few years, IMO, is to recruit the best personal in drafting, recruitment and development into our club. To poach the best in the business in these areas is even more important than who our next head coach is.

I was only just comparing Taranto & Hopper trade to Mitchell & O'Meara alone, I know we drafted heavily in 2021 jury is still out whether we stuffed that draft up, my worry is also our development lately has not been as strong.
The jury is out on every club's drafting since 2021.

Wingard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This

they will change the rules back once we assemble a new side that will dominate the stand rule era watch
I’ll happily watch us take another one for the team if it means we win another 3 flags in quick succession and then subsequently the stand rule is abolished. Win win

I’ll happily watch us take another one for the team if it means we win another 3 flags in quick succession and then subsequently the stand rule is abolished. Win win
afl gonna gift the pies a flag like scats last year watch

afl gonna gift the pies a flag like scats last year watch
Nah, more money for afl if the brions win it. They'll probably parachute the pies into the granny, for ticket sales, then ream them out of contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back