Richmond vs Carlton - 7:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that I've sobered up and had time to reflect, gee these Rich/Carl games are developing a similar pattern. Richmond get out to an early seemingly unassailable lead, and carlton - regardless of personnel - reel us in during the second half. That's now 4 times in a row it's happened.

I expect this alarming trend of 2nd half fade-outs to cease once McBean becomes a regular in the seniors.
Seems to me that while trying to play MM's plan early in the game they are terrible, as soon as he lets them go 1 v 1 they get back into the game.

Had we kicked straight in the third the game would have been out of reach before they started to miss everything in the last, one thing I do know you need a strong heart to be a Tigers supporter.

Kreuzer is injured though. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-28/kreuzer-injury-update

What they should have done is traded Warnock and kept Hampson, the problem with Warnock is that he offers little outside of his rucking, so if he has an off day rucking then he's useless.

So if a ruck has a bad day he is useless if a mid has a bad day he is a superstar I guess...Now I know why suburbian warfare exists because we constantly have to deal with geniuses

So if a ruck has a bad day he is useless if a mid has a bad day he is a superstar I guess...

I didn't say Warnock was useless because he had a bad day, I said Warnock is useless when he struggles in the ruck. This is a point which has been said by a number of blue fans on this site, so it's not just me. He's a one dimensional player, apart from rucking he doesn't do that much, unlike Kreuzer who is much better.

Now I know why suburbian warfare exists because we constantly have to deal with geniuses

Look in the mirror bud.

As I said to Richo38, an ongoing but intermittent issue, so not sure how it relates to your gold buddy. But if you're suggesting atrocious kicking didn't cost Carlton then I don't know what to say. I'll just lump this post in with all the other dismissible stuff you post.
See Monkey, when a team loses as many as they win, there will always be excuses.

Bad kicking.
Injuries.
Rotations.
Umpiring.

On this occasion you're suggesting bad kicking.

Last year you lossy to both St. Kilda and Footscray with absolutely no excuses, in fact Footscray had 14 more scoring shots in a game you had to win.

Mediocre team, mediocre results. Quite simple really.

This is it in a nutshell. How Garlett gets a game is beyond me - had the chance to nail some very easy goals for a small forward and missed them all. Waite the same. They did look the better side after half time with Henderson moving forward though...unfortunately left young Rowe down back who made a couple of rookie blunders. From my viewpoint Carlton look to have more upside, given they've got a few more to come back in (despite Richmond missing Maric and a couple of others). Tigers very lucky to win that one methinks.

Haha carlton have more upside?? Not sure if serious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See Monkey, when a team loses as many as they win, there will always be REASONS.

... On this occasion you're suggesting bad kicking.

I think it's been well enough documented in the media. It's not only me that recognised the fact Carlton blew it with their shots on goal. I thought it was pretty obvious, but if you can't recognise it, it's certainly not my shortcoming mate.

All the crap about bad kicking blah, blah, blah - 2-6 in the third by us, 3-7 in the last etc.
Bottom line is, it doesn't matter how or why we did it, we BEAT CARLTON and that is ALWAYS a great win:D
And the fact that we got their hopes up so high at the 19 min mark of the last just makes it sweeter:p
Let the coaches work out how we let them back in for the fourth time in a row, and what has been ignored, how does a supercoach like Mick let Richmond dominate the first half yet again, also four times in a row!

Poor guy.

Poor guy indeed - what a cool dog! :D

261966-matthew-thomas.jpg

I think he means upside for the season. He gave his reasons. If you don't like them, tackle the reasoning.
I don't care if he means this season or the next 5. Richmond cover carlton on every line for talent, the tigers problem is above the shoulders, that can be fixed with experience. Carlton's lack of talent is not something easily fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're the AFL's pet. They know you're worth your weight in gold due to the ridiculous support you have (of which I have no explanation, seeing as you've been s*** for 30+ years).

Must eat your very soul that despite our shitness and the hawk's relative success in the same period, that you're about to be punted down to number 3 in Victoria.

I guess there just isn't something people like about poo and wee colours eh? :drunk:

Pencilling that one in as a win are we?

Don't blame you after such a powerhouse showing tonight.

We play at 75% like we did last year and we should smoke your boys with relative ease.

Absolutely great win by Richmond. They stopped the momentum from Carlton and showed great heart to win the game when it truly looked like it was gone.

And Carlton. Really got some Major issues. Coming from a team that finished "6th" and were a real threat this year.

This. What a lot of people don't seem to realise is that while we are seemingly improving every year under Hardwick, 2 areas we have struggled in are winning the games that hang in the balance and beating Carlton who have a mental edge over our the last 3-4 years.

Thursday night wasn't pretty but was a big step in the group's confidence and belief that they can rally when on the ropes and grind out a result. They surprised me and I couldn't be happier :thumbsu:

I don't care if he means this season or the next 5. Richmond cover carlton on every line for talent, the tigers problem is above the shoulders, that can be fixed with experience. Carlton's lack of talent is not something easily fixed.

That's just an opinion. The results of course tell a different tale. The reasons he gave for upside made sense to me. Don't be mad.

We won. Why would I be mad?

I wouldn't be too happy with that win if I was Tiger's supporter myself, but I don't know either. You seem to have taken offense that a neutral poster thought Carlton had more upside for the year ahead given who we had out for the match. I can't say I agree entirely, but the point wasn't all that unreasonable either.

I wouldn't be too happy with that win if I was Tiger's supporter myself, but I don't know either. You seem to have taken offense that a neutral poster thought Carlton had more upside for the year ahead given who we had out for the match. I can't say I agree entirely, but the point wasn't all that unreasonable either.
Problem is many people only look at last quarters or halves. If you looked at our first quarter or half you'd think we were definitely a top 8 side.
I personally thought it was a very average win but in the end any win is worth the same - 4 points. That is why most tiger supporters are satisfied and also why most blues supporters are not. Simple really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back