Richmond vs Carlton - 7:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

People in this thread saying we are lucky that Carlton didn't kick straight need to have a look at the scoreboard. Both teams scored 14 points each, so if you say if Carlton had of kicked straight etc. surely the same must apply to Richmond.

Also, we kicked 2.6 in the third. If we kicked straight there, the game would have been over, so tell me, how exactly were Carlton unlucky?

It makes the Carlton supporters feel better that their poor skills are why they didn't win. Go figure.

I reckon Carlton kicked 5 out on the full from set shots, maybe more. Missed one from about 2 metres out (hit the post) and missed 4 or 5 shots from 30-40m out. Their kicking was woeful. I'm not sure how many behinds for either team were rushed, but just from my observation, Carlton kicked worse. Unlucky wouldn't be how I would describe it.

Edit - http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/2/rich-v-carl - Blues in blunderland. Have a look at that video. 11 shots, at least 6 or 7 very, very gettable.
This is it in a nutshell. How Garlett gets a game is beyond me - had the chance to nail some very easy goals for a small forward and missed them all. Waite the same. They did look the better side after half time with Henderson moving forward though...unfortunately left young Rowe down back who made a couple of rookie blunders. From my viewpoint Carlton look to have more upside, given they've got a few more to come back in (despite Richmond missing Maric and a couple of others). Tigers very lucky to win that one methinks.

And yet a few drama queens on BF will focus only on those kicks and ignore everything else.

To be fair, These 2 kicks had a huge say on the result, He's not to blame but he's a big reason you lost, Even though he was probably the one with Yarran and Murphy to get you back in with a winning shot.

I had the tissues out, that's for sure.

Carlton losing a close one, Richmond choking and spudding it up, I had ectoplasm going everywhere
It's quite obvious Carlton dragged us down to their level. I hope the Richmond Football Club issue a public apology for not displaying a level of sporting excellence that met your expectations.

And while I'm here, I had to google ectoplasm. Keep it simple FFS I'm a Richmond supporter man!

That was Griffiths. I thought Astbury was pretty damn good, as I thought Waite would be too fast for him the lead.

Nah pretty sure it was Astbury I'm talking about. Wasn't that last minute mark Griffiths took in the pocket. It was a little earlier than that and a bit further up near the flank. I'd need to watch it again though to be sure and honestly, I'm not sure I really wanna go back and watch that match again anytime soon.

To be fair, These 2 kicks had a huge say on the result, He's not to blame but he's a big reason you lost, Even though he was probably the one with Yarran and Murphy to get you back in with a winning shot.

To be fair, his game was a big reason we were even in the contest. To focus on those two kicks and ignore the rest is rubbish, particularly when so many have called him a hack and a dud. And while he stuffed up kicking the ball to Vickery, he'd also just successfully defended the goal face. I don't understand why BF gets like that sometimes, but I think too many posters were going overboard in their myopic focus on these two points only. Makes for poor reading.

Monkey, I used to play golf with a guy who was adamant that if he was a better putter he would play off a low single figure handicap. Now granted he wasn't the best putter going around, but when it came down to it his putting was on a par with the rest of his game in that he simply wasn't a very good golfer.

As I said to Richo38, an ongoing but intermittent issue, so not sure how it relates to your gold buddy. But if you're suggesting atrocious kicking didn't cost Carlton then I don't know what to say. I'll just lump this post in with all the other dismissible stuff you post.

Nothing new learned out of this game, Carlton's skills were poor, they have far too many C grade plodders yet Judd would have probably got them over the line.

Richmond's usual suspects looked a million dollars early and yet again took the second half off, less Martin's last second cameo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you picked a non issue? Smart. Surely you couldn't thought of something that hasn't been said? Ah well. Classic Swans supporter I guess.

No, I made a joke, but you were too sensitive so you acted like a princess. Chill the **** out, I actually want Tigers to make the finals. Classic Tigers supporter I guess.

**** what a horrible thread. Since when did bigfooty get so negative? Have no problem with criticising our fade out (which was horrible) but writing us off for the year after 2 games? Ridiculous.
Bigfooty turned to **** a long time ago. Filled with trolls and one-eyed supporters. One big bay 13. Very few balanced conversations about the game. I suggest you go find another forum. I have, I'm rarely here anymore.

For the record, most of the negativity in the last few years have come from a few nasty hawthorn supporters. Until the mods pull them up, this place wont change.

Maybe they should take a page out of their Godfather Kennedy's book - Humble in victory, Gracious in defeat. Words lost on them.

Last edited:
That Judd deal and now the Thomas deal really seems to have given them something in the middle but not what is needed up forward.

Carlton living up to the promise of perpetually finishing in the 6-10 positions for the next 5 years.

If Kennedy was playing then it would have probably been a Carlton win. Que sera sera.

Now that I've sobered up and had time to reflect, gee these Rich/Carl games are developing a similar pattern. Richmond get out to an early seemingly unassailable lead, and carlton - regardless of personnel - reel us in during the second half. That's now 4 times in a row it's happened.

I expect this alarming trend of 2nd half fade-outs to cease once McBean becomes a regular in the seniors.

Only saw the first half so i cant comment on the full game, but what i saw in the first half from Carlton was disappointing. The mids and Warnock were pretty bad, not to mention Garlett running into goal ten metres out and shanking it straight to the opposition. It just reminded me of the Blues before Judd went there. Carlton obviously got going to stage a comeback, but bad kicking is bad footy no matter which way you try to spin it, and i'm not sure they will make it into the 8 if Judd doesnt get back on the park.
I picked them to win the last two weeks in a row too, as i thought Mick might have got them up and going. Unfortunately, they still lack decent talls apart from Waite and poor Henderson who has to go down back to save thier a$$ every 5 minutes, and their mids are a little overrated for me ( and i know a mediocre midfield when i see one;)). Kade Simpson is class however.

That Judd deal and now the Thomas deal really seems to have given them something in the middle but not what is needed up forward.

Carlton living up to the promise of perpetually finishing in the 6-10 positions for the next 5 years.

If Kennedy was playing then it would have probably been a Carlton win. Que sera sera.

Every year theyre going for a key forward.
The problem is they just never get one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back