Universal Love RIP "Gimp" - Passed Away 24/02/23 - see post#50

Remove this Banner Ad

My relationship with Gimp really deteriorated during Covid, to the point we were not interacting at all.

I really regret that now.

I don't think that there's anything to regret. The days of lockdown were hard and we all stumbled our way through them.

There were good days and awful days.

Gimp was part of that. His particular genius was to leave us with gaudy socks and Sunblest.

I don't think that there's anything to regret. The days of lockdown were hard and we all stumbled our way through them.

There were good days and awful days.

Gimp was part of that. His particular genius was to leave us with gaudy socks and Sunblest.
It’s very hard reading through that covid thread now. I came across a post of his wearing spotted socks and eating popcorn on his lap.

This just makes no sense.

I’ve been a member here since 2011, mostly as a lurker. Ive gotten to know quite a few of the personalities around here, without knowing them, and Gimp was always one of the brighter characters. I always had an image in my head of what I thought he looked like when he posted, and I’d chuckle. Sometimes he’d help with that by posting (Google) images of his own.

I hope everyone’s doing as well as they can, especially so if you knew him well.

RIP re

The sock is a f sneaky way of showing a flash or splash of personality and that re.. you're at a f bar sipping on a Manhattan or whatever re.. in your gino rossi's or whatever re.. a feragamo suit.. pull up the slacks a bit to reveal that colorful sock re.. you'll get a more than positive response I can assure you of that re.. lil red hot and Rhonda re.. you'll thank me for it.
There is a gimpism for everything.

Rip Gimpy Re.

Don't post all that much, lurk and read alot. His contribution to the board and the COVID thread during the lockdowns always brought a smile to my face during some trying times.

Might have to pick one of his old bets at random and put a 🦍 on it for the first game.

This board and BF as a whole have lost a great re.

I am also an occasional lurker on this forum.
Gimp was one of a kind. Really loved his posts, banter and unequalled layered humour.
Was about 90 seconds away from bringing a bottle of Metaxa 10 star to the city to meet up with the Gimp in person somewhere to celebrate on 29th Sept 2018. Sadly the bottle still remains sealed. Until we meet at the pearly gates, you were one of the greats.

I've been looking for a couple of quotes from the great man but can't find them with bf search or with google.

One was a rant where someone called him out for supposedly betting a large sum of money on a play that didn't eventuate.

In summary, he said something like "life is like a season of footy mate... you win some that you don't expect to, you lose some you don't expect, sometimes you pants someone, sometimes you get pantsed mate... then you move on to the next and try and learn from it re".

We didn't agree on everything, but he gave us all life coaching in positivity and optimism and didn't charge a penny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No! Just no - I’ve been away from BF for a few days travelling in Java, then check back in only to see this! This is really sad, sad news. Although only a very occasional poster on the Collingwood board (I do most of my work on the music sub-forum), I am a regular reader for the training reports, injury updates and other general club news - and for the humour. I can’t remember having any direct interaction with The Gimp, probably didn’t, but man was he one of a kind - definitely one of the most original on BF. His humour was deceptively funny - I’ll never forget the time he promised to punish himself if Collingwood didn’t win by listening to John Farnham on loop for a week singing ‘You’re The Voice’ - his idea of the ultimate punishment for a Greek disco king. That’s it re.

RIP

Last edited:
I am compiling a best of Gimp thread and will post it on the main board with help from a mod. Posters can then contribute favourite Gimp posts etc. Please give me a couple of days. Going through and selecting and organising his posts is taking time.

I could be mixing up which game it was, but one of the Pies vs Carlton games last year Gimp was having an absolute ripper in the main board gameday thread. I was high as a kite and every single post had me in stitches.

He was on fire.

I'm expecting a reappearance from the great one on Sunday 9th April.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back