• J. Clarke (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Very inexperienced team, especially our backline. But when you have players like short, pickett, McIntosh, lynch and nank making basic errors and having brain farts that's what cost us. Paired with some really dodgy non calls not going our way.

We must persist with miller he had a good game hopefully he can to 50 games by the end of the year. A backline consisting with gibcus, vlaustin, miller and young next year seems alot better than what we currently have.

-Our midfield is trash. Said it in the match day thread but Taranto, Dow, Ross and Bolton as our main mids is really weak and not damaging by foot.
-If we didn’t get Taranto and Hopper we would’ve spiralled to WCE levels with Cotch, Jack, Grimes, Dusty and Lynch’s final years.
-Our disposal by foot around the ground must be one of the worst in the league. Teams know how easy it is to pressure us into turnovers.
-Teams hold onto the pill so easily and chip the ball around and then hit the hot spot in F50 putting our backs under significant pressure
-Lefau was played to try nullify Alir and Ratagalia. Didn’t work but we don’t have many others who could’ve done the role better.
-Sonsie and Macalife will play next week and it will be great to see how they go

To lose by only 5 goals is actually a pass in my eyes.

Not convinced we are being coached well

Balta is a defender, period

I thought dusty was returning as a midfielder? Didn’t see him there much

All our discipline problems are still there
No we are a middling team full of kids and aged champions. Thats why there’s flashes of brilliance and then periods of shite. Get used to it we are going to struggle over the next few years as we get a rebuild going.

Finally someone speaking up , he must have been in the toilet when The afl were giving them orders not to critisize the umpires
nah none of that exists we are all conspiracy theorists

They were absolute dog s**t today.
The real worry is that we can't afford having Balta up forward when our backline is a complete mess.
Dow looks like he isn't going to live up to any sort of hype.
Lefau is a c grade footballer at best
Lynch needs to start playing in front of his opponent, I'm sick to death of seeing him play from behind.
Yze was out coached big time.
Our midfield is putrid
The umpires were an absolute disgrace and borderline cheating.

Not many positives to take out of that game.

Thought our midfield battled very well v one of the top shelf mid pack going around , and I reckon we can improve there too with kmac sonz and hoppers return
Murdered in the air just flogged no contest most of the time in f50 especially we couldn’t buy a mark , can’t help but think passing on scho was a mistake kelti looks well off it. Miller was very good , stick with kids , perhaps Al’s can get dropped he was quiet , in all we were competitive and will be better with games into lynch and dusty to find touch

Let’s just be done with Macca and Pickett. They provide nothing except a couple of decent pieces of play a game.

Today they combined for 20 touches (5 contested), 1 x goal and 2 x tackles. Pickett has 2 goals for the season, Macca none.

They cost us multiple goals every week. When Macca gets the ball on his own he goes back over his mark and halts all momentum. Pickett gets caught HTB constantly. Neither of them provide any real threat to the oppo … they’d take about 5 seconds of oppo coaching attention each week.

There’s just no future with those guys playing. Get Clarke onto a wing. Keep giving Banks games. Play Short or D Rioli on a wing and Baker in defence. Even play Hugo - I really don’t care who it is. They will give us more than Pickett and Macca and they are young and need games and experience ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They provide some kind of defensive structure though. I thought both won their positions in the first half. Then it all fell apart. Obviously they will need to be replaced at some point this season, but taking them out now might be too early. We get sliced apart by teams going coast to coast as it is, if we have wingers that aren't defensive on top of that it could get really ugly.

We need to give the kids we bring in a chance to look good, going any younger than this too early could see the season really fall away.

Mcintosh had 8 disposals 5 minutes into second quarter.

He finished the game on 9 disposals.

So from 6 min mark of second quarter onwards he had….
1 disposal
1 mark
0 tackles
Thats what it felt like. Ports foot skills were so good that guarding space was a waste of time. They came through the centre so easily

They were absolute dog s**t today.
The real worry is that we can't afford having Balta up forward when our backline is a complete mess.
Dow looks like he isn't going to live up to any sort of hype.
Lefau is a c grade footballer at best
Lynch needs to start playing in front of his opponent, I'm sick to death of seeing him play from behind.
Yze was out coached big time.
Our midfield is putrid
The umpires were an absolute disgrace and borderline cheating.

Not many positives to take out of that game.
Our midfield actually kept us in the game or we lost that by 120p
We broke even in clearance and won contested ball , what’s that tellya

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Jury is out right now and you very well know us tiger supporters have a low tolerance level for losing
No it isn't.
Seriously he's 3 games in. Anyone writing him off now has rocks in their heads.

Our players suck. Overall we are slow and poorly skilled.

Get that, the list we have needs a ton of work. We cannot blame Yze for that.

About the one thing I will heavily criticise him though is if he continually picks the old guys. Aside from that, he's done as much as he could so far.

Ok just got home from the game.
Yes we are bottom 4 if not spooners.
Taranto is a rubbish footballer. His skills are amateur at best my god what a mistake taking him.
We are the worst skilled, disciplined and drilled team in the league.
Get ready for quite a few dark years.
Also good to see Nank get slaughtered by the guy we got rid of sheesh.
That all being said Campbell is a ripper and so is brown and tresize.
Sorry guys but we are really bad.

Our midfield actually kept us in the game or we lost that by 120p
We broke even in clearance and won contested ball , what’s that tellya
Our mids aren't damaging enough there is a massive difference between the way Port cleared the ball compared to our the way we butcher the ball forward. How many times did Port hit up a target compared to the ridiculous nature we bomb away. It's pathetic really.

-Our midfield is trash. Said it in the match day thread but Taranto, Dow, Ross and Bolton as our main mids is really weak and not damaging by foot.
-If we didn’t get Taranto and Hopper we would’ve spiralled to WCE levels with Cotch, Jack, Grimes, Dusty and Lynch’s final years.
-Our disposal by foot around the ground must be one of the worst in the league. Teams know how easy it is to pressure us into turnovers.
-Teams hold onto the pill so easily and chip the ball around and then hit the hot spot in F50 putting our backs under significant pressure
-Lefau was played to try nullify Alir and Ratagalia. Didn’t work but we don’t have many others who could’ve done the role better.
-Sonsie and Macalife will play next week and it will be great to see how they go

To lose by only 5 goals is actually a pass in my eyes.

Hopper barely plays and Taranto has been a mile off it this season, so I don't think it would be a lot worse if you add the draft picks back in. Is anyone that certain we will beat West Coast in a months time?

Our mids aren't damaging enough there is a massive difference between the way Port cleared the ball compared to our the way we butcher the ball forward. How many times did Port hit up a target compared to the ridiculous nature we bomb away. It's pathetic really.

Port had targets to hit atleast. Lynch and co never looked like getting into good positions today, they were covered off so easily. I guess its a small positive we kicked a decent score whilst our forwards got absolutely destroyed.

watched the game a few hours late.....
We lacked seasoned players, too many kids undercooked. theyre not ready to be consistant.
TT is not a midfielders arsehole, he should be playing forward of the centre because its the only place he can do some damage.
Bolton showed some spark and had been hoping they play him in the centre for his run. good move and he kept us in the game.
I cant believe they played Lefau instead of Cumberland thats a big mistake.
Not many positives though, they were better all over the park than us, taller in defense, and more creative in the midfield.
We need to do something with Dusty, he is just too good to not to get much ball.
its going to be a long 5 years.

I;m not usually a umpire basher but today i swear if i had a baseball bat in my hands i might have lost it. :$
afl post 2020 is not a fair comp its contrived , corrupt and easily manipulated for desired outcomes

Back