Autopsy Roast/Toast R1 vs Carlton & Changes for R2 vs Port

BOG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You miss because you don't take the time and compose yourself. What is to be gained by playing on quickly? The angle, distance is all the same.
its generally a tactic of players too scared theyll get inside their own heads and miss if they go back for the set shot. like ripping off a bandaid, get it done quick so you don't have to think about it.

Thanks for everything Marlion and Dion but time to move them on. At the point now where they offer us compared to the youngsters does not outweigh the long term benefits of Banks, Clarke etc...

Also, drop Bolton. Lazy, showboating FIGJAM who needs a rocket to be reminded that you do the basics first and the flashy stuff second. His first miss was an easy run at goal and drop punt. Inatead he turns and tries rhe flashy curled finish.

Also, Mansell... No words...

Young's disposal is trash a lot of the time.
Pickett was good tonight, had 2 clearances that set up 2 goals ( at least 1 anyway). Tackles hard, I don't think he's a problem

So many played injured,umps cheating and we still nearly won.
Yze is a great coach and proud of our team's efforts.
The two gimme goals by the umps ,start of the last,gave them all the momentum.
CFL.
what exactly makes you believe yze can coach?

Gutsy effort but just a few too many weak links.

Our skills or lack thereof stands out like dog's balls.

Mansell I don't see it. 6 disposals. If he can't win a 50/50 contest he is a liability. Awful skills. 58% game time - that tells me the coaches can't see it as well.

MRJ - 4 disposals. Lost cause. Time to try someone else as a small fwd.

Broad - 9 disposals - he's dead weight being carried.

0-2 isn't fatal but with Port and Sydney to come 0-4 is. Gonna suck to sit through a dead season before June hits.

I'd be telling the AFL to shove our round zero fixture next year. Ridiculous.

Some bizarre melts in here. We only lost that because both Young and Gibcus went down and we were forced to send Balta back leaving only a severely underdone Lynch up forward

Even severely underdone it’s almost a little scary how much better we look with Lynch in the team. We rely on him almost too much moving forward and definitely would have played finals last year had he stayed on the park

If we were serious we’d start a lawsuit against the MCC for the surface quality of the MCG tonight on behalf of Gibcus. Players were falling over all over the ground, it was clearly not fit for AFL because it is that pieced together turf rushed in after Taylor Swift took a big ol dump on it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, but instead of Kosi, I'd have Brown.

We cannot have Kosi in the side based on his VFL game today. That was awful

I have Kosi as a forward. Balta stays down back.

Kosi is our best option right now and will make Aliir, Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher accountable.

I’ve been all in on him, but Bolton needs to get on his bike…He’s a champagne player giving mid-strength output…That scene was set for him as a leader…And he didn’t take it…He’s a watch…Great work by the boys tonight, very proud…Shout out to Gibbo and his family…🙏

Pickett was good tonight, had 2 clearances that set up 2 goals ( at least 1 anyway). Tackles hard, I don't think he's a problem

Constantly got caught, horrible disposal.

Don’t care what anyone says, that was an unbelievably gutsy performance from the boys. Very proud of them tonight.
That’s the thing, it was a gutsy performance and yet we lose in large part to the umpires. Imagine what the team thinks we can do this season if we win that. Instead the umpiring ruins a close match

You miss because you don't take the time and compose yourself. What is to be gained by playing on quickly? The angle, distance is all the same.
of he has been in the afl system for years and still cannot compose himself enough to kick a goal from a metre in a clutch moment of a game then he should be desisted imo.

Grimes was great tonight
Way better when he doesn’t touch the ball
he still plays like an absolute loose cannon though, terrifies me. there was atleast 4 times I was certain hed give away a free kick in front of goal due to a sloppy tackle that slipped high or jumping into the back of a player on the ground. thankfully got missed.

I have Kosi as a forward. Balta stays down back.

Kosi is our best option right now and will make Aliir, Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher accountable.
Maybe, but he doesn't compete. It's a serious concern I have of him.

Actually, maybe we can play Lefau instead of Kosi. He'd make their backline sweat IMO.

Back