Universal Love Robbie Gray appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It has been a total priviledge to watch Robbies career. At our lowest times he kept me turning up. The number of times I would yell out 'Robbie you are a star' coz he did another magical piece of play. Port supporters are so lucky to have watched a player of his calibre represent the club.

Great photo of 2 great mates, 2 great Port players who started together in November 2006. This was just after Boak and Rocky took Gray off their shoulders.

1553526406470.png

Great photo of 2 great mates, 2 great Port players who started together in November 2006. This was just after Boak and Rocky took Gray off their shoulders.

View attachment 642079

Read somewhere that Rocky finished up with the ball on the final siren (hardly surprising considering that he had it 44 other times during the game) and refused to give it back to the umpire because he wanted to give it to Robbie. Such a nice gesture, especially from somebody new to the PAFC.

Rocky and Trav were the two who carried Robbie off of the ground. One guy who's been playing with him since they both began their career, another who's only been playing with him for a year, but both showing the sort of leadership that made them AFL captains in the past.

Someone posted a stat a while back counting Robbie's 20+ disposal 3 goal games (I think that was it) alongside what other players have been able to do in the same category. Could someone please tell me where I can find it, or better yet update the stats and post it again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read somewhere that Rocky finished up with the ball on the final siren (hardly surprising considering that he had it 44 other times during the game) and refused to give it back to the umpire because he wanted to give it to Robbie. Such a nice gesture, especially from somebody new to the PAFC.
Yeah, it was in the coverage.

Rocky and Trav were the two who carried Robbie off of the ground. One guy who's been playing with him since they both began their career, another who's only been playing with him for a year, but both showing the sort of leadership that made them AFL captains in the past.
How good is that

Call me crazy, but I feel like the first two weeks have started to show the first subtle signs that Robbie may be slowing down. His numbers are still good but it's just the vibe.

Still plenty left in the tank but he will be facing his footballing mortality sooner rather than later.

Call me crazy, but I feel like the first two weeks have started to show the first subtle signs that Robbie may be slowing down. His numbers are still good but it's just the vibe.

Still plenty left in the tank but he will be facing his footballing mortality sooner rather than later.
I dont want to believe that... just hasnt had to step up so far this season..

Yesterday in tough conditions he had a lot of one on one match ups against Lachie Plowman who is about 10cm and 8kgs bigger than Robbie and he just couldn't shake him.

Maybe, maybe not. He hasn’t been dominant but hasn’t needed to. Even last year, I think he had more games like this too. Against Melbourne in round 1 he could have (should have) kicked 4 on Jetta which would have been something.

Maybe it’s just standard Robbie game, but he’s being overshadowed by the new debutants, Lycett and a fit+ firing Rockliff, Boak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back