Universal Love Robbie Gray appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me crazy, but I feel like the first two weeks have started to show the first subtle signs that Robbie may be slowing down. His numbers are still good but it's just the vibe.

Still plenty left in the tank but he will be facing his footballing mortality sooner rather than later.

Im not going to make that call just yet, has been named in the best players both games. Probably just hast hit his straps yet, could of had 4 in round 1.

For a star player, Robbie does tend to have games and sometimes even extended runs of games where he doesn't stand out too much. 2014 was really the only exception to this. Then he'll just explode and be BOG every game for a month. It's just how he rolls.

Call me crazy, but I feel like the first two weeks have started to show the first subtle signs that Robbie may be slowing down. His numbers are still good but it's just the vibe.

Still plenty left in the tank but he will be facing his footballing mortality sooner rather than later.
His defensive running suggests that this may be true.

It was very noticeable at the MCG round 1.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Gray led Port’s charge with a best-afield masterclass, collecting his fifth Showdown Medal – the most by any player in the award’s history.

‘‘Robbie goes OK at Showdowns,’’ Hinkley said in deliberately understated fashion.

‘‘Rob gets the votes ... that’s five (Showdown Medal).

‘‘It’s a big number – and in big games.

‘‘He’s a great player and has been a great player for a long time.’’

He has unique radar does Robbie. Always seems to dispose of the ball to our advantage over 360 degrees.

Once during the showdown he landed an uncontested handball on the chest of an opponent. After confirming it wasn't '29' on the back of Robbie's guernsey I farted, mumbled a sentence in tongues and passed out as pigs started flying out of the tv.

I can't remember the last time I saw flying pigs after a few drinks.

If Robbie Gray had Boak's fitness/uninjured body who knows what the bloody hell he could achieve.

You see him hobbling around, knowing he has iffy groins, bigger opponents play on him and bury him in tackles, as well as defenders team mates bury him, and he gets up sore but still produces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back