Rolling Stones touring Australia and NZ 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval gig announced. More coming. Including one in NZ. Prices? Well...

sfx114151.gif

Categories
Price Range​
Premium Reserve
$510.00​

Platinum Oval Reserve
$350.00​

Platinum Stand Reserve
$350.00​

Gold Oval Reserve
$199.00​

Gold Stand Reserve
$199.00​

Bronze Reserve
$99.00​

General Admission
$79.0​

Of equal importance is the fact Mick Taylor will be with them in Adelaide at least. It better not be just for "Midnight Rambler" like it was in the US however.

You know it will be.

Keith and Ronnie need to practice the "ancient art of weaving".

Those ticket prices are excellent compared to what they charged in the US earlier this year. Floor seating for all arena shows was US$600 :eek:

Word in the street is shows in Sydney, Melbourne (x2) and one in NZ (you'd assume Auckland). Hopefully the NZ show is first, purely for selfish personal logistical reasons.

I'm torn about this. I'm a fairly big Stones fan (don't own all their albums or anything like that) but is it worth it?

The money thing is not such an issue (I'd go cheaper seats anyway) but for the people who have seen them, is the show worth seeing now that they're all so old? Or will seeing them leave a sour taste in my mouth? Are they just puppets of themselves?

Really looking for opinions of middle-of-the-road fans who have seen them, rather than superfans (who would probably say its fantastic anyway).

The rumour is that all the other concerts in Australia are indoors.

Adelaide Oval is the only outdoor show.

If that means Rod Laver in Melbourne, hell yeah.

If that means Festival Hall in Melbourne, I will pay whatever obscene amount to get on the floor no matter how much I hate that venue.

If that means Etihad Stadium, f**k.

I'm torn about this. I'm a fairly big Stones fan (don't own all their albums or anything like that) but is it worth it?

The money thing is not such an issue (I'd go cheaper seats anyway) but for the people who have seen them, is the show worth seeing now that they're all so old? Or will seeing them leave a sour taste in my mouth? Are they just puppets of themselves?

Really looking for opinions of middle-of-the-road fans who have seen them, rather than superfans (who would probably say its fantastic anyway).

Have seen them twice now (96 and 02?) and finding it hard to convince myself to go this time.

I am sick of paying over inflated ticket prices for decent seats, so if I do go it will be GA @ $80 only.

I'll try and help, if possible.

I am definitely a superfan, in that the 1969-1974 incarnation of the band is my favourite rock and roll band ever (I could probably add The Who, Zeppelin and Free depending on my mood). Anyway, I saw them twice at the MCG in 1995, and did not go the last 2 times.

So, I'd say it's not going to be like seeing them in 1969 or 1972 or even 1980. Music is a young man's game. However, there are clips on YouTube of the US tour from this year, and at times they definitely rocked. In particular check out the songs they did with Mick Taylor, the rest of the band noticeably goes up a gear when he comes out (as all musicians do when someone top drawer joins you).

I think it will be a great spectacle, for the casual fan a very good show, and exactly how good depends on what songs they pick and who plays what. I would personally have Taylor on for the whole show and have Ronnie mixing the drinks, but if you can get 3-4 songs out of him (the Staples Center show in LA in May did that) it'll be very, very good.

Jagger's a perfectionist and a control freak; he'll ensure at the very least it'll be a good concert.

I can at least confirm from what I've seen on YouTube that the performances on this tour have been drastically improved from the last (05/06/07) tour. The setlists have been very static, except for a 3-4 song slot around the middle when they play a few non-hits.

We can only pray Mick Taylor will come out for Sway, Can't You Hear Me Knocking AND Midnight Rambler. On the US/Canada tour this year, he tended to play on more songs if they were playing a second or third night in a particular city.

I would have loved to grab a ticket for Adelaide but don't know if I'll be in the country. I'm trying to fit in Bruce, the Stones and Neil Finn all into a 4-week window in March, but all the dates so far are a real bitch. Hoping the NZ show is the first of the tour.

I can at least confirm from what I've seen on YouTube that the performances on this tour have been drastically improved from the last (05/06/07) tour. The setlists have been very static, except for a 3-4 song slot around the middle when they play a few non-hits.

We can only pray Mick Taylor will come out for Sway, Can't You Hear Me Knocking AND Midnight Rambler. On the US/Canada tour this year, he tended to play on more songs if they were playing a second or third night in a particular city.

I would have loved to grab a ticket for Adelaide but don't know if I'll be in the country. I'm trying to fit in Bruce, the Stones and Neil Finn all into a 4-week window in March, but all the dates so far are a real bitch. Hoping the NZ show is the first of the tour.

Yep. We get those three songs and it's a done deal for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Mick clapping his hands a la Stevie Riks, "ay you, at the back, yeah? stand up and clap your hands, yeahhh, come on you orrible sods, out your seat"

its a crime if you don't know who Stevie Riks is
I meant as in, if you're sitting down at a rock concert, you're doing it wrong.

March 19 - Perth Arena
March 22 - Adelaide Oval
March 25 - Allphones Arena, Sydney
March 28 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
March 30 - Hanging Rock
April 2 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
April 5 - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

No extra shows. One night only in each city. Or so they say.

Presale starts Monday if you're a Frontier member. Different time for each gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back