Rookie Pick #28 Welcome to Carlton ... Cameron Wood

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you happen to catch any of Jolly's games this year? Just don't think he is the same since Kreuzer broke him in half.

Hey just read an article about how Jolly got injured in a recent piece.

"Jolly disputed the seriousness of his knee problems. His most recent injury came in a training mishap that occurred after he had played well in the round 12 clash against the Western Bulldogs. ''I was averaging career-best disposals and 27 hitouts per game,'' he said. ''Up until I was injured at training, my knees had been fine for years, so that was an excuse.''
Was not Kreuzer.. but probably didn't help it. :)

Hey just read an article about how Jolly got injured in a recent piece.

"Jolly disputed the seriousness of his knee problems. His most recent injury came in a training mishap that occurred after he had played well in the round 12 clash against the Western Bulldogs. ''I was averaging career-best disposals and 27 hitouts per game,'' he said. ''Up until I was injured at training, my knees had been fine for years, so that was an excuse.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/darren-jolly-blasts-nathan-buckley-as-a-coward-20131127-2yagc.html#ixzz2lr45j8oo

Was not Kreuzer.. but probably didn't help it. :)

Kruze broke Jolly's ribs in the first quarter of our match in round 2.

I think the only reason why we added Wood ... is to have another first round pick on list.

Walker
Menzel
Murphy
Gibbs
Judd
Kreuzer
Lucas
Watson
Yarran
McLean
Docherty
Cripps
Bootsma
Henderson
Everitt
Thomas
Wood

.... imagine if he played a senior game, Bruce would lose his s**t!

How are they going to develop by being thrust into roles which won't help them.

Casboult has about 30-40% ruck value in him when he's pushing all he has. Giles?

Casboult has to kick goals and Giles has to stop them. We'll be better off that way.

Not to mention that Giles, at 195cms, is very undersized as a ruck in this day and age. Some, with much more mature bodies, can pinch hit there but not too sure of the wisdom of expecting this from a kid.

Good pick, cant go wrong with pick 28 in the rookie draft.
If we had used pick 14 in the ND for him in a trade then thats another story.
Welcome to Carlton.

I think the only reason why we added Wood ... is to have another first round pick on list.

Walker
Menzel
Murphy
Gibbs
Judd
Kreuzer
Lucas
Watson
Yarran
McLean
Docherty
Cripps
Bootsma
Henderson
Everitt
Thomas
Wood

.... imagine if he played a senior game, Bruce would lose his s**t!

Interesting when you add the list of current and ex rookies (15) to that. We have 13 of 45 players that were taken between the first round and the rookie draft.

We've used the first round (and trades) and the rookie draft well but haven't had a lot of luck in the middle rounds to date.

Wood prepared to bide time
CameronWoodHero.jpg

"I've been able to see that there's other things in life (than) football," he said.

"I had a healthy balance. This year I had to work, a bit of study … So I think having that perspective and learning a bit about myself and what I want to get out of football, I think that will hold me in good stead next year."

Wood has been given the No. 36 guernsey, formerly worn by Blues champion Mark Maclure.

Welcome Cam to the Carlton family, hope you have a successful year. What a great number to wear? I have a feeling he will play a couple of games due to injuries to Robbie and Kruz.

If anything, Wood will be great for the development of our young onballers in the VFL, from what I heard, the Northern Blues didn't really have anyone decent in the ruck when Warnock wasn't playing. Also if our ruckmen are hit with injuries, at least we have a player more than capable to bring in and get a hold of the taps. Plenty of worse ruckmen going around, and who knows, he may just prove a few doubters wrong as he should be in his prime.

I believe be said he could be number one ruck...where's asada when you need them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't plan on providing too much entertainment for voyeurs. You should head over to the monkey enclosure on the Pies board. They are so excited about this, they have redecorated in excrement.

Don't come too close to our enclosure lest you wear a turd.

Insightful..

:rolleyes:

I still remember the first time I saw the gorillas at the zoo flinging crap at people. The monkey enclosure description brought back some memories. Anyway, good luck with Cam Wood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back