Rough Hawk Down.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was good for the whole game, still putting pressure on and chasing in the 4th
Said this before - will say it again - Schoey is the reverse Lake - defender for years switched FWD and kicks ass. Much prefer him as a FWD but maybe his time as a defender has given him qualities as a FWD he would never have developed otherwise. Really excited to see him play again this year

Said this before - will say it again - Schoey is the reverse Lake - defender for years switched FWD and kicks ass. Much prefer him as a FWD but maybe his time as a defender has given him qualities as a FWD he would never have developed otherwise. Really excited to see him play again this year
You've been saying it wrong then.

Schoenmakers was one of the top forwards in the country for his age right up until he got drafted.

Lake was also recruited as a forward. Undiagnosed sleep apnea. The Dogs switched him to the backline around the same time his sleep apnea was diagnosed. The rest is history.

You've been saying it wrong then.

Schoenmakers was one of the top forwards in the country for his age right up until he got drafted.

Lake was also recruited as a forward. Undiagnosed sleep apnea. The Dogs switched him to the backline around the same time his sleep apnea was diagnosed. The rest is history.
I'm aware of that. But I'm also aware of Schoenmakers playing as a defender at Hawthorn for a large number of years before being switched forward

:confused:

In essence I'm saying Lake brought in attributes normally associated with a key power forward and maybe Schoey's time back has allowed him to bring in attributes as a key defender to his fwd role.

Last edited:
Just watching some of the replays from late last year, it's striking me again just what a strong mark Schoey is. Or at least has the potential to be a consistent clunker of contested grabs.

As I said earlier on, I think we're in good hands (pardon the pun)

Just watching some of the replays from late last year, it's striking me again just what a strong mark Schoey is. Or at least has the potential to be a consistent clunker of contested grabs.

Weird. I agree. Is there a psychological difference to clunking them fwd as opposed to marking as a defender? Probs.

Still think his time as a back has helped his development as a fwd player. Marking against the great fwds likey has given him schooling on how to do it much like how our taggers end up as good mids

Weird. I agree. Is there a psychological difference to clunking them fwd as opposed to marking as a defender? Probs.

Still think his time as a back has helped his development as a fwd player. Marking against the great fwds likey has given him schooling on how to do it much like how our taggers end up as good mids
Yep. Massive difference between being able to just straight-up present, and the purely reactive nature of key position defence...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoey was 2008 draft where the kpp types were notably watts, hurley, vickery and roughead jordan

Only the last was available to us, hurleys only lived up to his hype in the last couple of years. Vickery for longer.

Its arguable that hes trackin OK for a kpp who had a knee recon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back