Rough Hawk Down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish he would have surgery before going on his honeymoon and start the recovery process quicker, the misses could always take the drivers seat in consummating the nuptials if need be. Maybe I'm just being selfish?

Wish he would have surgery before going on his honeymoon and start the recovery process quicker, the misses could always take the drivers seat in consummating the nuptials if need be. Maybe I'm just being selfish?
Yes you are being selfish, its her honeymoon too

Not that you can replace Jarryd Roughead with ANYONE in the competition...

but in terms of team structures the most important player now is Ryan Schoenmakers (2015 Premiership player in case you had forgotten)

His ability to play as a big big midfielder like Roughy did (which is what everyone overlooks but where we hammer other teams) is what is going to make him important.

Also hope that Spangher is fit as he will need to take Schoey's swing man role (which I actually think he might be better at - especially down back)

also if any team can work out a new game plan to make the most of what they have got it is us - plus the interchange rule that we have been recruiting for has come into place - now's not the time to hit the panic button

Yes you are being selfish, its her honeymoon too

I'm with you: I don't understand the criticism here of a player and his partner getting married.
It's an appropriate time to get married: in normal circumstances, they could have had a couple of weeks honeymoon and Roughie would have been back in training.

Roughie has been nothing else than a Hawthorn great, on and off the field.

Leave him alone, ya bastards!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have lost Roughy before and made the prelim. We are better placed now but we don't have Bud either. This will be interesting. Looking at it we have lost 3 of our spine of the last 3 years - Rough, Hale and Lake. If we overcome this it will be amazing.

We have lost Roughy before and made the prelim. We are better placed now but we don't have Bud either. This will be interesting. Looking at it we have lost 3 of our spine of the last 3 years - Rough, Hale and Lake. If we overcome this it will be amazing.

I'm not one to place unnecessary burdens on rookies, in fact I hate it when people do so, it's just wrong and should never, ever, be tolerated, but having said that, Ryan Burton will ensure we go through the year undefeated.

I'm not one to place unnecessary burdens on rookies, in fact I hate it when people do so, it's just wrong and should never, ever, be tolerated, but having said that, Ryan Burton will ensure we go through the year undefeated.

You are spot on. In fact I have heard a whisper that Burton's pre-season has been that good, the decision to allow Roughy to get married and get his knee fixed was an easy one for the club.

You are spot on. In fact I have heard a whisper that Burton's pre-season has been that good, the decision to allow Roughy to get married and get his knee fixed was an easy one for the club.

There's actually nothing wrong with his knee. They just wanted Roughie out of the picture for a few months while Burton owns the forward line and learns how the ball will be coming in to him. The pity is, Roughie will still get operated on, just because...

There's actually nothing wrong with his knee. They just wanted Roughie out of the picture for a few months while Burton owns the forward line and learns how the ball will be coming in to him. The pity is, Roughie will still get operated on, just because...
They certainly kept Roughy out of the picture on team photo day

Don't panic, he will return and apparently by the mid to a late season time frame. Hawthorn covers these bad happenings , there is no other way . It is happening and we are getting a big gun fixed and back.
But meanwhile we have to fill the spot , we can , that's the fortunate part for the Hawks , we can , maybe its not the same, but it will be, that, that soldiers job to do his best until the powerhouse gets back! We're fine! Hawks still up there.

The big Rough doesn't really play as your traditional power forward, hasn't for a few years. He really pushes high up the ground and hits back again with a few stints in the middle. I honestly think this makes him a little easier to cover for the first half of the year. I hope we uncover a silver lining here and really develop the likes of TOB or Sicily.

People forget Burton did his knee in 14'. He's year of rehab was last year and was very close to playing senior football as of august last year.
Definitely needs game time but I reckon we'll be seeing him sooner than most people realise.

People forget Burton did his knee in 14'. He's year of rehab was last year and was very close to playing senior football as of august last year.
Definitely needs game time but I reckon we'll be seeing him sooner than most people realise.
Close to playing state level footy, yes. AFL is another big jump on top. I'm expecting he'll be ready for Box Hill for round 1 and depending on how things go will be knocking on the door of the senior side mid-late year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back