Game Day Round 1: Adelaide Crows VS North Melbourne (Brown out, Jacobs in, Turner sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are an absolute Monty to win round one.

Their defenders are second rate, at best.

Their midfield is mediocre and the forwards can not kick enough goals to overcome our 100+points, no matter how hard they try.

North by five goals, going away.

We will be 1/19th of the way to our final win tally for the year.

I'm in Melbourne for the second time on 3 years. I'm going to the Port and Lions games but where's the best place to watch this game on a telly?

There are probably better places, but I enjoy watching the game in the beer garden at the London Tavern. It's in Lennox Street Richmond (5 min walk from Richmond Station).

Usually find yourself surrounded by finks/mongols... which is great news if you are looking for some cheap ice.

LOL. Adelaide is an ok place! So easy to get around being a huge square, and Glenelg is great for a beer or many. I really enjoyed my trip there for work then holiday after.

It's no surprise the footy would be pretty full on though. Perth is the same, lots of cashed up bogans which isn't as noticeable in other cities.

Anyway...................I have this written down as a loss. And I have us at 4/2 after round 6 so i'm expecting us to start season well.

If we win I consider it a bonus but first up, away, at a ground we hardly know other than being smashed, against a team firing in pre-season.......i'm not confident at all.

At the game last week just after Taz came on he ran off his opponent to try and create an option. 5 seconds after after he got on his bike he slipped over, I was crossing my fingers that he hadn't injured himself.
Happened right in front of me.

I was turning to my partner to comment on how he looks like the perfect footballing male specimen... and then he slipped over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a believer we will win this. My main issue with our line up is Tarrant, whilst not a hater, i just cannot see him lasting too long in this team in any role other than masseuse, BS has bent over backwards to try and fit him in (Whoops can i unsee that?) but despite his 'massive tank' he reminds me of the robot on Red Dwarf the way he gets around, kinda clunky. My prediction, he will be subbed off at half time and Waite will b sent down back.
Tarrant will not play if we are serious about winning.

Tarrant will not play if we are serious about winning.
Horrible call by you! Have you watched the preseason games?? Has out performed Tippet comfortably imo! With no Hansen or Grima, Tarrant has to play, and will play.... And we are serious about winning.

Horrible call by you! Have you watched the preseason games?? Has out performed Tippet comfortably imo! With no Hansen or Grima, Tarrant has to play, and will play.... And we are serious about winning.
Line ball between these two at the moment. I was leaning towards Tarrant early days but now swaying towards Tippett after the Richmond game. This is if we don't play both.

I am interested in how the boys handle the pressure of a round 1 interstate game against a team who have replaced their coach that's played in front of a hostile crowd.

I can't split Tarrant or Tippett either. Tarrant seems to have a bit more confidence in his marking right at the moment and I've been liking what I've seen so far this pre-season however I feel like Tippett will most likely make better decisions with the ball and I don't think he'll get out marked 1 on 1. Somehow in the back of my mind I'm wondering if Tarrant might still be haunted by his one and only game last year which happened to be in Adelaide. Not completely his fault as he should never, ever have been selected for that game, however he put his hand up and failed catastrophically. Can he deal with his demons in front of a baying, frothing crowd of 50,000 Crows supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back