Round 1 Line Up

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok here is my line up for round 1 i know its still a bit early but here goes anyway as i know we still have 2 scratch matches coming up as well:

FB: Maynard Frampton Howe
CHB: Quaynor Moore (c) Pendles
C: Josh Daicos Crisp Lipinski
CHF: McCreery Michocek N Daicos
FF: Elliott McStay Johnson
Foll: Cameron Mitchell De Goey

Int: Adams Hill Ginny Murphy or Carmicheal

Like to see Nick Daicos play on mid/forward line thats why i have him on the chf line.
His brother Josh has the wing.
Thinking of i just couldnt find any room for Side,McInness,McRae

i think like to see De goey as on baller with Crisp centre.

Pendles to set up plays of chb line along with Moore.
Can switch Micochek and McStay
The rest looks good.

Ok here is my line up for round 1 i know its still a bit early but here goes anyway as i know we still have 2 scratch matches coming up as well:

FB: Maynard Frampton Howe
CHB: Quaynor Moore (c) Pendles
C: Josh Daicos Crisp Lipinski
CHF: McCreery Michocek N Daicos
FF: Elliott McStay Johnson
Foll: Cameron Mitchell De Goey

Int: Adams Hill Ginny Murphy or Carmicheal

Like to see Nick Daicos play on mid/forward line thats why i have him on the chf line.
His brother Josh has the wing.
Thinking of i just couldnt find any room for Side,McInness,McRae

i think like to see De goey as on baller with Crisp centre.

Pendles to set up plays of chb line along with Moore.
Can switch Micochek and McStay
The rest looks good.
Regardless of if Sidey is on the decline, he is still best 22.

Looks like both Neale and Hawkins are doubtful for this match - this could possibly mean the shortest forward line the Cats have selected in some time - they may play both Stanley and Ceglar/Ratu, with their rucks interchanging in the F50. If that's the case, then Frampton is a must. Can't see them playing a shorter key forward, say Jack Henry as they'll miss Hawkins' forward ruck play too much. Not sure who O Henry would replace in that side - either forward or back and whilst I've heard he's been trialled on a wing, they need to include Holmes into the side that last played, and I can't see him ousting Smith. Reckon Nobes gets into the side as extra cover for their small forwards (Griers, Close, Stengle). I like Carmichael in the side to provide a run with capability for players like Duncan, Menegola, Danger, Smith, Holmes even Blicavs - so Murphy and Hill are out for Carmichael and Nobel.

can seam to find any rooms for Cox Hoskin Elliott or Noble these days.
Can not seen them in black and white come 2024.
2023 is last year for Cox.
Simply we have moved on and we have more options as well.
Tight squeeze for spots in 2023 it seams.
Healthy competition for spots as well.

All best 22 right now. Relax

When it comes to guys like John Noble, your selection is as solid as your spelling mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble Frampton Quaynor

Howe Moore Maynard

J Daicos Crisp Sidebottom

Elliott McStay Mihocek

McCreery Cox Ginnivan

Cameron De Goey Mitchell

Murphy Lipinski Pendles Lipinski/WHE/Macrae/McInnes/Bianco

I think you have to play Cox and Cameron in this sub world. One of them can go if we need to quicken up, but structure wise it makes sense as allows us to play at different paces.

Maynard, Moore, Howe
Quaynor, Frampton, N Daicos
Sidebottom, Mitchell, J Daicos
Elliott, McStay, McReery
Ginnivan, Mihocek, Lipinski
Cameron, Crisp, DeGoey

Pendles, Adams, Noble, Cox
Sub: Hill

Murphy, WHE, Johnson, McRae, Carmichael.

Really want Murphy in but can't find a spot. There is a heap of flexibility in that team.

Adams needs to play as a high half forward swapping with Lipinski and DeGoey. Would love his forward pressure and hopefully keep him on the park a bit longer.

Sidebottom is in our top 10 players
De Goey. Quaynor. Maynard. Elliott. Mitchell. Josh Daicos Pendlebury. McStay Crisp Moore. That’s 10 there Do tell me when to stop. Only going by their numerical order. Did not even include Lipinski or Adams due to his soft tissue injuries. Now we go Whisper Nick Daicos. Howe. Mihocek. Sidey is closer to bottom 10 of the 40 odd list now

Noble Frampton Quaynor

Howe Moore Maynard

J Daicos Crisp Sidebottom

Elliott McStay Mihocek

McCreery Cox Ginnivan

Cameron De Goey Mitchell

Murphy Lipinski Pendles Lipinski/WHE/Macrae/McInnes/Bianco
I'd probably find room for Nick.

people who think noble, WHE , Cox are close to the end

will be surprised to find that sidebottom, howe, adams, and pendlebury will be phased out before them
I agree with Cox, as a ruckman, he has improved year on year since he started focussing on that role and not playing as a forward - Whilst atypical for a 32 year old player, I can see that improvement continuing as he's very professional and he was late to the game. Also agree with Noble, he provides essential run and carry out of the backline and we need him to cover the smaller forwards.

De Goey. Quaynor. Maynard. Elliott. Mitchell. Josh Daicos Pendlebury. McStay Crisp Moore. That’s 10 there Do tell me when to stop. Only going by their numerical order. Did not even include Lipinski or Adams due to his soft tissue injuries. Now we go Whisper Nick Daicos. Howe. Mihocek. Sidey is closer to bottom 10 of the 40 odd list now
Sidebottom is better than Quaynor, McStay, Elliott and on par with Josh Daicos

You joke yeah. Elliott is a match winner , Josh Daicos made the extended AA squad last season. Quaynor will be putting his hand up for AA honours this year McStay plays in a position that is not relevant to the role that Sidey plays. Come mid season , Sidebum will be under the pump to hold his place in the side. All of Carmichael , Draper , Harrison ( if he can stay healthy ) will be on his hammer .

I'd rather have Quaynor, Elliott and Josh before Sidebottom. McStay is the great unknown but I'd bet by the end of the year he will be more valuable.
In saying that Sidebottom in my opinion is still best 22 for this year.
Next year tops. He's an incredible servant of our club although age eventually catches up with you.
I'd still have him in our top 15.

You joke yeah. Elliott is a match winner , Josh Daicos made the extended AA squad last season. Quaynor will be putting his hand up for AA honours this year McStay plays in a position that is not relevant to the role that Sidey plays. Come mid season , Sidebum will be under the pump to hold his place in the side. All of Carmichael , Draper , Harrison ( if he can stay healthy ) will be on his hammer .
Let’s not bag a club champion who’s getting older

Remove this Banner Ad

Back