Prediction Round 1) starting 22 Have your say

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming he starts round 1 and not as sub what are people genuinely expecting from CEY this game. For me, if he is used like he has been in the nab challenge 20+ possesions and 5 or so clearances shouldn't be out the question.

Depends a lot on how they use him obviously, but I think we'll use him to free up Danger to spend time up forward and even across half back. I think we then might use Danger through the midfield more in bursts at crucial times, as opposed to burning him out as a full time mid.

If CEY is used as such, he'll probably find a heap of the footy and develop well, but if he's shifted to the flanks/sub, he'll probably quickly drop back to the SANFL.

It will be very interesting to see how he has gone by the end of the season. If he starts well and his confidence builds, he may force a few behind him in the queue. Given the recent hype, I'm beginning to think he may get to play 5-8 games this season. Hope so. Sat next to this guy in a pub during his second game who thought CEY's skills would never be up to it, but I'm not so sure. My opinion certainly changed over the preseason.

Can't see why CEY won't make it. Good sized athletic mid. Lots of upside. Coming into his prime. His skills are not that bad, and with confidence the skills and decision making is a part of where his upside will be. Can also do a run with role. If fit, to be an improver and play much of the season.

Can't see why CEY won't make it. Good sized athletic mid. Lots of upside. Coming into his prime. His skills are not that bad, and with confidence the skills and decision making is a part of where his upside will be. Can also do a run with role. If fit, to be an improver and play much of the season.
His skills are that bad. They really are.

Depends a lot on how they use him obviously, but I think we'll use him to free up Danger to spend time up forward and even across half back. I think we then might use Danger through the midfield more in bursts at crucial times, as opposed to burning him out as a full time mid.

If CEY is used as such, he'll probably find a heap of the footy and develop well, but if he's shifted to the flanks/sub, he'll probably quickly drop back to the SANFL.
Spot on.

CEY will get a gig as a stoppage animal. This is his strength. Not just his ability to get hands on footy, but his tacking and hitting in.

Danger and even Sloane can be the outside players we've been craving

Jenkins
Betts

Danger

Lynch Walker

Smith Douglas Sloane

Brown Talia Grigg

Pods

Cheney Hartigan Laird

Jacobs Thompson VB

CEY, Lyons, Jaensch sub Wright

Last edited:
Apologies. Wrong terminology. Betts as the decoy is what I was after. The same exact role that Petrie should play on Talia. Sitting about 40 metres away from goal. Leading away from the other key forwards, with a willingness to push up to the wing to create space.
Reckon Waite is a massive danger in this game !! Good pick up by Kangas

Thommo and Kerridge to squeeze out Wright and CEY?

Laird, Jaensch other possibilities to miss. Even Mackay? I would pick MJ and Kerridge before Dmac and I'm a fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tend to agree. Kerridge could be the one to come through the reserves. I think if Crouch was fit Thommo would've as well.
And just to add, I also think Pods will play.

Matty Wright sitting at around 22/23 - could go either way

well last years brownlow winner couldnt kick a footy if his life depended on it, but he is ball winning elite. CEY could be a similar type of player, he's never gonna hit someone on the lead 50m out. i hope we keep playing him, seems to be the type that really plays on confidence. he had a really crap first game but has just grown in the next 2 games. great to the see we finally have a coach willing to back in young players even though we know they will make mistakes.

also, whats the word on Kerridge? hes the trump card this weekend.

And just to add, I also think Pods will play.

Matty Wright sitting at around 22/23 - could go either way
Reckon wright will play especially with Cameron not , heard Teague giving him a good wrap that he is all team first

He finally nailed his spot in nab 3

The sub will be interesting !!...maybe Jaensch as a left field but I'd have him in the 21

surely not Grigg or Lyons again!!

well last years brownlow winner couldnt kick a footy if his life depended on it, but he is ball winning elite. CEY could be a similar type of player, he's never gonna hit someone on the lead 50m out. i hope we keep playing him, seems to be the type that really plays on confidence. he had a really crap first game but has just grown in the next 2 games. great to the see we finally have a coach willing to back in young players even though we know they will make mistakes.

also, whats the word on Kerridge? hes the trump card this weekend.

Thommo and Kerridge good to go!

Kedge is coming for you North.

Adjusted my team for round 1 now that Thommo and Kerridge appear to have been cleared of injury.

Brown Hartigan Cheney
Hendo Talia Laird
Mackay Danger Smith
Jaensch Walker Wright
Betts Jenkins lynch

Jacobs Douglas CEY

VB Lyons Kedge (sub) Thommo.

Reserves: Grigg, J-Pod, Martin.

Needing excellent performances in the reserves in order to come under strong future consideration are M Crouch and Cameron.

Adjusted my team for round 1 now that Thommo and Kerridge appear to have been cleared of injury.

Brown Hartigan Cheney
Hendo Talia Laird
Mackay Danger Smith
Jaensch Walker Wright
Betts Jenkins lynch

Jacobs Douglas CEY

VB Lyons Kedge (sub) Thommo.

Reserves: Grigg, J-Pod, Martin.

Needing excellent performances in the reserves in order to come under strong future consideration are M Crouch and Cameron.
Jpod has to play. back up tall.... I don't mind him floating across the half back line.

If CEY is to play he can't start as sub. .. he has done enough to start. We must get game time into him. Give him 4 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back