Review Round 10, 2023: Essendon Bombers v Box Hill Hawks, 28 May 2023, 1.05pm @ NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks finish the month of May with a trip over to the NEC Hangar, located right next to Melbourne Aiport, to play the Bombers. Essendon has not had a good start to the campaign, having just two wins from seven games and sitting in 15th position. Indeed, the Bombers have lost each of their last five matches, with a heart-breaking two point loss to the Tigers last Saturday (12.12.84 to 12.10.82).

By contrast, the Hawks have enjoyed a solid start to the season, winning six of their first seven games played so far (and the Hawks have already had two byes in this season). The only loss was to the Casey Demons, back at the start of May. Last time out, at Box Hill City Oval, the Hawks were far too good for Southport, winning by 41 points (11.18.84 to 6.9.45) and that scoreline suggests that the Hawks could have won by even more, had they simply kicked for goal more accurately.

The Hawks enter round 10 sitting third on the ladder, clear on percentage from Casey, Williamstown and the Giants. So far, the only undefeated team in the VFL is the Brisbane Lions, who sit on top of the ladder with eight wins from eight games played and a percentage of 171.4%. The Hawks are a game behind the Suns, who sit in second with seven wins and one loss, and a percentage of 152.8%.

Teams to come.

The Hawks finish the month of May with a trip over to the NEC Hangar, located right next to Melbourne Aiport, to play the Bombers. Essendon has not had a good start to the campaign, having just two wins from seven games and sitting in 15th position. Indeed, the Bombers have lost each of their last five matches, with a heart-breaking two point loss to the Tigers last Saturday (12.12.84 to 12.10.82).

By contrast, the Hawks have enjoyed a solid start to the season, winning six of their first seven games played so far (and the Hawks have already had two byes in this season). The only loss was to the Casey Demons, back at the start of May. Last time out, at Box Hill City Oval, the Hawks were far too good for Southport, winning by 41 points (11.18.84 to 6.9.45) and that scoreline suggests that the Hawks could have won by even more, had they simply kicked for goal more accurately.

The Hawks enter round 10 sitting third on the ladder, clear on percentage from Casey, Williamstown and the Giants. So far, the only undefeated team in the VFL is the Brisbane Lions, who sit on top of the ladder with eight wins from eight games played and a percentage of 171.4%. The Hawks are a game behind the Suns, who sit in second with seven wins and one loss, and a percentage of 152.8%.

Teams to come.
I will put my hand up never been there. Went to Windy Hill that was bad enough. I am thinking of going this week is there parking around the place? I don't want to park at the airport lol.

I will put my hand up never been there. Went to Windy Hill that was bad enough. I am thinking of going this week is there parking around the place? I don't want to park at the airport lol.
I've been there for a couple of VFL practice games. Managed to park in the car park at the complex, but I don't know if that'll be possible if there's a bigger crowd.

There was no fencing around the oval back in March, so it'll be interesting to see how they charge entry etc.

Edit - there's parking in nearby streets, so just leave enough time to wander in i guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a scrappy game and very end-to-end.

Bombers are rebounding really fast and putting defensive end under a fair amount of pressure.

Like that Stanley is lowering his eyes to hit up a lead - just keeps getting cut off by Bombers extra man sitting behind the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back