Prediction Round 10, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

What did teams with crap rucks do v NicNat?

Rove to him basically

Attack from HB after turnovers?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not always.

Different rules. They’d go 3rd man up and try and stop his leap. Give him a knee to the ribs. Which is what Simpson said he tried to do against nic when he was assistant coach at Hawks. If that failed try and shark his taps.

What did teams with crap rucks do v NicNat?

Rove to him basically

Attack from HB after turnovers?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Very different to Gawn though. Nic Nat did his non-ruck work at the contest. Gawn is going to kill us running around the ground, including sneaking forward, if we don’t keep a tight check on him.

Zoolander 3.

Billy Zane in Corridor with Liam Ryan walking towards him
Zane: "When are you gonna drop Magnum a hanger on us, buddy?"
Ryan: "Not yet. You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage"
Maybe it was just a temporary hand in of his pilot's licence.
I don't think he'd like to play footy if he can't get into the air.
But don't look for him taking a mark kneeling on Gawn's shoulders this weekend.
I just hope he gets his mojo back.
Watching Rioli, Ryan and Jetta was the highlight for me.

HE has had 2 games back and barely been near the ball. He will fly again, its in his blood.
Just because some BF randoms think he should never fly again, doesnt make it true.
We live in an age of instant gratification so when he didn’t immediately dominate on return, the pitchforks came out.

The last time he flew for a mark in a AFL game, he ripped his hammy off the bone so it’s obviously a mental thing he is working through. Worked his way into the game last week nicely so I’m sure he will get there.

We just need to be patient - something people have trouble doing these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest change needed from my point of view is game style and mindset.
Last week showed a real return to the kick it sideways/backwards slow play that is frustratingly crap, instead of players taking that positive/aggressive run or kick through the corridor.
I think that was more so in the second half, a form of damage limitation. Not pretty to watch though.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

The biggest change needed from my point of view is game style and mindset.
Last week showed a real return to the kick it sideways/backwards slow play that is frustratingly crap, instead of players taking that positive/aggressive run or kick through the corridor.

We were trying to control the tempo of the game because we were getting destroyed in contest and in clearance.

It’s players adapting to the situation in which they find themselves in.

The issue isn’t ball movement, it’s getting contest right and ball movement flows off the back of that.

To suggest we should have persevered with a method that was seeing us get destroyed -7 goals from stoppage in a half of footy- isn’t smart coaching and isn’t smart footy tactics.

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
FOD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back