Preview Round 11 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG i've been waiting for this glorious day so that O'Hanlon could strut his stuff, if he is better than Morton he'd be good to go. If he kicks about 2 or 3 goals i'd be happy.

Yeah, you'd think mini gets a full game and O'Hanlon is the sub.
Would think it depends on the structure they're going for. Like for like you'd replace King with O'Hanlon but it's probably more likely they'll shift a mid up.

Must say, the tactic of resting our mid up forward to lose to tag is utterly brilliant.

Yeah, dropping the third tall, and rotating the mid through the forward line has been a revelation. But, in saying that, that what has made the pies (probably more so than the cats) a hard team to stop. Swan, Thomas and Pendlebury through the forward line has worked wonders for the pies in the last 3 years. So well done to Dimma and co in recognising that fact.

Yeah, dropping the third tall, and rotating the mid through the forward line has been a revelation. But, in saying that, that what has made the pies (probably more so than the cats) a hard team to stop. Swan, Thomas and Pendlebury through the forward line has worked wonders for the pies in the last 3 years. So well done to Dimma and co in recognising that fact.

good idea bringing the kid in. need to make connors and co work that bit harder. just u tubed him and though pretty skinny has some nice skills. go tikes.

good idea bringing the kid in. need to make connors and co work that bit harder. just u tubed him and though pretty skinny has some nice skills. go tikes.
Over the pre season, i was able to watch a session, and the kids a smooth mover. I reckon he's the type, where as the skill level improves (ie: a higher skilled game afl v vfl), he'll lift accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see O'Hanlon in. I'm pretty surprised, as I thought any of white, webberley, or Connors would called up ahead of him. Has he been the emergency at all so far?

I think White, Connors, and Webberley all have their papers stamped.

Shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves this game, they have a good defense. If Vickery was playing well I'd be a lot more confident.

So I guess it'll be something like...

- Maric to replace King
- Dea to replace Conca
- Conca to replace Foley
- O'Hanlon to replace Maric as sub.
That sounds right. Also lets not forget, great to see Ellis considered a 100% gamer under that logic

I know it's not the yellow and black and he's missing his mullet but still smileworthy:
Ivan+Maric+AFL+Rd+3+Adelaide+v+Fremantle+SZal4IWAme2l.jpg

Foley out is a big loss. Bruised heel can take a long time to recover. I would take a month right now.

Foley out is a big loss. Bruised heel can take a long time to recover. I would take a month right now.

Hope he's right for the Adelaide game :(

I honestly am getting a bad feeling about Saturday's game.. I think we will lose.

HOPE I'M WRONG!

So I guess it'll be something like...

- Maric to replace King
- Dea to replace Conca
- Conca to replace Foley
- O'Hanlon to replace Maric as sub.

Yeah, guessing that will be correct.

Freo have been playing pretty rubbish and are horrid at the MCG but we still need to turn up and play well. Lots of kids still in lots of different roles. Especially this week as Foley goes out who is a huge loss. I'll be surprised if we eventually don't have a let down game with our lack of experience.

Can't be this week though. We need to win and hopefully win well to keep our finals hopes on track. Will be interesting to see how our midfield performs without Foley, a little bit of a depth test. Wouldn't be surprised if A Maric got some extra midfield time along with Conca moving there from the backline.

to be honest from that view i like that look without the mullet

How can you speak such blasphemy!

Really excited to see O'Hanlon this week, a goal kicking Wingman/HF is exactly what we need, especially one with height (189CMs)and class, by reading some of the coburg reports it seems to me he's been playing the Dayne Beams sort of role before Beams was moved to the midfield, high HF/wing with an ability to rack up the disposals and is good for a couple of goals.

TBH I'd prefer it if O'Hanlon started the game rather then coming on as the sub, I know Maric was good last week especially with that epic tackle on Goddard but I feel as a first gamer he would need to spend some time to get used to the tempo of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back