Round 12 Carlton V Hawthorn With Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

They missed at least 20 free kicks to Hawthorn

I'm not sure how many Carlton frees were missed. Probably heaps as well.

Yeah, it's a farce when they put the whistles away and don't follow the rules

Idiots in the media such as Brereton, Lloyd, Lyon, Whateley and Mark Robinson think it's good when umpires don't pay free kicks
I am happy to see the whistle put away but am keen to see consistency eg the dropping the ball decision against Garlett-was it the only dropping the ball paid all night despite plenty dropped balls tonight?
Plenty of throws tonight but only a couple paid-am assuming the umpire doesn't see them all but frustrating to watch.
What about the deliberate out of bounds-did you notice the inconsistency there for the same action, a couple of minutes apart?
Pretty sure that is bewildering to me.

are you stupid?

cachia was very good tonight
curnow missed shots at goal but work around the ground was nb
armfield has been fantastic for carlton all season

lucas is harshly judged but can stuff up
bootsma is in his 2nd season of afl football and was playing on hale for much of the night. i thought he was fine.

you are a one eyed muppet
Fair enough. Carlton should win a flag with those guys. play on.

Geelong fas have no right to comment about umpiring anyway. You guys have been getting an arm chair ride from the umps for about 6-7 years.

WRONG!

From 2007 present:

Geelong received an average of 20.8 free kicks per game.
Hawthorn received an average of 19.7 free kicks per game.

Finals Free Kick Tally:

Geelong received an average of 20.3 free kicks in finals between 2007-2012.
Hawthorn received an average of 20.4 free kicks in finals between 2007-2012.

WRONG!

From 2007 present:

Geelong received an average of 20.8 free kicks per game.
Hawthorn received an average of 19.7 free kicks per game.

Finals Free Kick Tally:

Geelong received an average of 20.3 free kicks in finals between 2007-2012.
Hawthorn received an average of 20.4 free kicks in finals between 2007-2012.
Oh the stats. What they don't report is dubious kicks. Not a knock on Geelong, just pointing out stats don't tell the story and are fools gold as support to an argument.

Oh the stats. What they don't report is dubious kicks. Not a knock on Geelong, just pointing out stats don't tell the story and are fools gold as support to an argument.

sorry dude but your post means jack!

Chewy stated Geelong have received an arm chair ride from umps but that's clearly incorrect and Hawthorn actually receive more free kicks during finals footy than us so he needs to get his facts straight.

No, but in no universe were they 'fine' tonight. Fairly amazed anyone could come to that conclusion to be honest. o_O

Suggest you watch again. Your opinion and you're welcome to it, just recognise that you are in the vast, vast minority. Exhibit A: overwhelming assessment from neutrals in this thread.

I thought I did :confused: (my 'yep' response above)
There are universes outside Bigfooty, including one in which I and 3 Carlton supporters watched the game. Each one of them said umpiring was fine and did not complain.

I don't need to watch it again, I don't wear the mainboard gameday thread branded glasses (nor need any glasses) that view it through the eyes of an umpire critic. Seriously that's all these threads seem to degenerate into, having sookfests about how hard done by you are - needs more concrete drinking.

The 'yep' was an attempt at dethroning your criticism of the umpires with a view to making it 'seem' like it was the side's fault ultimately.

sorry dude but your post means jack!

Chewy stated Geelong have received an arm chair ride from umps but that's clearly incorrect and Hawthorn actually receive more free kicks during finals footy than us so he needs to get his facts straight.
Oh dear, you really missed my point there footscore.

It's a gesture... a bit like Jeff Kennett offering to be their president

People need to rally around the Demons if their own fans won't.
Fair enough. Would love to be in a position whereby we have won 10 in a row.. but we have our own issues at the moment. Namely next week....!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton were up in the 3rd (I think), he gets a pretty hot handball about 30m out to snap for goal... He fumbles, turn over, Stratton wins it on the wing, Buddy turns his opponent, Hodge drills it to the square on his right, goal. Game turned right there.

Absolutely, 100% spot on.

Lucas breaks the game open for the opposition every week. Congratulations for spotting this week's moment!

There are universes outside Bigfooty, including one in which I and 3 Carlton supporters watched the game. Each one of them said umpiring was fine and did not complain.

No probs. I watched it with 3 neutrals, each of them said it was the worst umpiring display they have seen for quite a while.

I don't need to watch it again, I don't wear the mainboard gameday thread branded glasses (nor need any glasses) that view it through the eyes of an umpire critic. Seriously that's all these threads seem to degenerate into, having sookfests about how hard done by you are - needs more concrete drinking

Disagree. Sure, usually you get the odd muppet ranting about umpire decisions that have no influence on the game, but when the absolute majority of neutrals are making the type and volume of posts that they have in this thread you tend to take that as conformation that you don't have the navy blue coloured glasses on. Speaking of which, the 20 or so "geez I hate Carlton but they are getting crucified tonight" posts in this thread are certainly testament to how hard done by we Carlton supporters are talking ourselves up as being. I mean seriously.

The 'yep' was an attempt at dethroning your criticism of the umpires with a view to making it 'seem' like it was the side's fault ultimately.

lol, cheers for explaining to me what I meant. :rolleyes:

The first part of your post was wrong, the 2nd part of your post was right, that's all, and I replied to it accordingly.

Just to be clear, coz you seem to have some comprehension issues - we lost because we weren't good enough for long enough, and because Hawthorn were good enough at the pointy end. The shocking standard of umpiring was a factor in, but not the reason for, the loss.

No probs. I watched it with 3 neutrals, each of them said it was the worst umpiring display they have seen for quite a while.

Disagree. Sure, usually you get the odd muppet ranting about umpire decisions that have no influence on the game, but when the absolute majority of neutrals are making the type and volume of posts that they have in this thread you tend to take that as conformation that you don't have the navy blue coloured glasses on. Speaking of which, the 20 or so "geez I hate Carlton but they are getting crucified tonight" posts in this thread are certainly testament to how hard done by we Carlton supporters are talking ourselves up as being. I mean seriously.

lol, cheers for explaining to me what I meant. :rolleyes:

The first part of your post was wrong, the 2nd part of your post was right, that's all, and I replied to it accordingly.

Just to be clear, coz you seem to have some comprehension issues - we lost because we weren't good enough for long enough, and because Hawthorn were good enough at the pointy end. The shocking standard of umpiring was a factor in, but not the reason for, the loss.
I've seen worse officiating and I don't really pay much attention to the umpiring posts to be honest, they are less than persuasive.

I'm glad you came to the right conclusion in the end about Carlton's second half. If your players did not give free kicks away, the umpires wouldn't pay them. :thumbsu:

I'm glad you came to the right conclusion in the end about Carlton's second half. If your players did not give free kicks away, the umpires wouldn't pay them. :thumbsu:

You mean the conclusion I came to in my first reply to you?

Aside from a couple of ludicrous HTB decisions, not much issue with the frees paid against us, more the blatant ones not paid against Hawthorn IMO. Apparently you can just drop the ball while being tackled now :thumbsu:

Carlton lifted tonight but lacked the polish to put Hawthorn away when on top. As great teams do, the Hawks found a way to win in the last.

Losing Murphy obviously hurt but Carlton are a middle of the road, plodding team who played with real grunt tonight. The fact it felt they were killing it but were never more than 3 goals up says it all.

As romeoh said, apparently everyone plays their worst game of the year against Carlton :rolleyes:

As a Hawks fan who has seen every game, it was the worst they have played this year.

Umpiring has been bad, but it seems like Carlton have done everything they can to lose it.

Missing shots, fumbling at crucial times, falling over...

And that sums up the last 30 minutes of that match.

We should have won it notwithstanding the 10 frees in a row (and at least half a dozen missed the other way) between the midway point of the third quarter till the end of the match.

We just werent good enough.

Just some really inconsistent s**t there. Hodge runs ten meters, gets rund down from behind by Judd, drops the freaking ball: Play on. Cachia gets wrapped up by three Hawks at the exact same instant he collects the ball: HTB. Two identical Deliberate OOB's one gets paid, the other didnt.

Very... frustrating to watch after a fantastic physical contest early on. Respect to Hodge and Robinson for throwing themselves into it.

Man I am getting sick of these 'brave' narrow losses.

Carlton lifted tonight but lacked the polish to put Hawthorn away when on top. As great teams do, the Hawks found a way to win in the last.

Losing Murphy obviously hurt but Carlton are a middle of the road, plodding team who played with real grunt tonight. The fact it felt they were killing it but were never more than 3 goals up says it all.

As a Hawks fan who has seen every game, it was the worst they have played this year.
LOL re 'worst game' -'the last refuge of the scoundrel!'
ps tickets on self or what-Hawks are a very good team, not yet convinced you have the right to classify yourself as 'great'. Let's see over the next couple of years if you can justify such a claim?:D

LOL re 'worst game' -'the last refuge of the scoundrel!'
ps tickets on self or what-Hawks are a very good team, not yet convinced you have the right to classify yourself as 'great'. Let's see over the next couple of years if you can justify such a claim?:D

Yeah 'great' was probably not the best choice of words but Im comfortable with it. The point stands.

Care to point out which hawthorn performance this year you thought was worse?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back