Autopsy Round 12 - GWS Giants vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday 9 June 2018 @ 4.35 pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to ell where we are at after that. We were hoping to win big, we did. We wanted to smash them around contests and we did

On to the next game

Hard to ell where we are at after that. We were hoping to win big, we did. We wanted to smash them around contests and we did

On to the next game
My big take away was that we kept the pressure on that we found last week. That's a large part of why the Suns looked so bad. The Suns and Lions basically played each other to a terrible draw a few weeks back, and we didn't exactly smash the Lions. If it wasn't for last week that's what I would have expected this week - maybe a five or six goal very unconvincing win where we never pulled away. Instead we got a four quarter pressuring with a bit of bad capitalization in the first.

WOW! Great win :thumbsu:.
OK, it was the Suns but you did what really good teams do --- you put them away, bigtime.
Dominated:
Clearances/ Stoppages/ I50s/ Contested possessions. Mids on fire. Cameron 3 Brownlow votes.
(Oddly, you got whacked in hit-outs 76-29. Is that right? o_O)

Although I'm still stinging and salty from last week :(, I'm tempted to punt a Grey Nurse (green, these days) on your blokes to go top :thumbsu:.

Last edited:

My big take away was that we kept the pressure on that we found last week. That's a large part of why the Suns looked so bad. The Suns and Lions basically played each other to a terrible draw a few weeks back, and we didn't exactly smash the Lions. If it wasn't for last week that's what I would have expected this week - maybe a five or six goal very unconvincing win where we never pulled away. Instead we got a four quarter pressuring with a bit of bad capitalization in the first.
Yep all good points

I’m looking forward to ge hawthorn game personally. If we are doing that then we are the real deal

Oddly, you got whacked in hit-outs 76-29. Is that right? o_O
Yep, Lobb went down early on and while guys like Patton and HH got thrown into the ruck, after HH got kneed in the head at one contest the call went out for him at least to let Witts to uncontested.

Great way for some players to find some form and also add to their stats averages for the year but the result was soured by the injuries to Lobb and Lloyd, no injury report this week so will have to wait till next week to understand the extent but the Lloyd one looked bad despite the article saying a few weeks and at least Lobb has an extra week with the bye and then no need to risk him v the Lions IMO
Good to see some run from the back half and Kelly has found form straight away and Shiel is looking good for the back half of the year as well, HH with his best game of the year and Perryman went well for a second year player and I didn't realise he is a December birthday so must have been close to the youngest in his draft so I think he has a lot more improvement in him and hopefully he can build up some speed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back