Autopsy Round 13 = Melbourne 66-62 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

His feet were on the ground on impact. It’s clear as day. Pickett on the other hand.
I assume you're talking about this one, And he only got a 2 match suspension, it's absolutely disgusting (the act), i didn't think the DeGoeys bump was as bad, if DeGoey got 3 weeks, I think Pickett should of gotten 5.
Any punch with a closed fist is bad in my books. Worse than a hip and shoulder that accidentally gets someone knocked in the head. Both deserve time out.
The AFL were really strict with punching at one stage, i think it came with a 1 match ban, but i guess it's not the flavour of the month, now players only cop a fine when they punch someone, it's... well... a punch in the gutts.

The AFL have to be more consistant, cause they look like a joke at the moment.

Not when Nick got punched in the guts and the following week Nick handed out the same punishment.
Fist punches are bad. Nothing at all to do with the game.
At least a hip and shoulder is part parcel of footy.
Nick didn't get suspended nor did the bloke who punched him. A hip and shoulder is indeed part and parcel of the game, but hit the guy's head and concuss him and it's a whole different story. As De Goey discovered.

I assume you're talking about this one, And he only got a 2 match suspension, it's absolutely disgusting (the act), i didn't think the DeGoeys bump was as bad, if DeGoey got 3 weeks, I think Pickett should of gotten 5.

The AFL were really strict with punching at one stage, i think it came with a 1 match ban, but i guess it's not the flavour of the month, now players only cop a fine when they punch someone, it's... well... a punch in the gutts.

The AFL have to be more consistant, cause they look like a joke at the moment.

I'd agree that Picket's bump is worse than De Goey's? What did he get? Was the Bulldog's player concussed?

Pickett got 2 weeks. Bailey Smith got up straight away and patted Kozi on the bum.
Wow! I would have thought at least 4 weeks if Smith was concussed. Just shows that it's not so much the blow but the outcome that determines the penalty. Certainly not intent, because Picket's intention was obvious in that incident.

Wow! I would have thought at least 4 weeks if Smith was concussed. Just shows that it's not so much the blow but the outcome that determines the penalty. Certainly not intent, because Picket's intention was obvious in that incident.
They ****ed that one up. They're meant to factor in potential as well actual injury. It really should have been graded as severe, like McAdams one was despite not concussion thevblokevhe hit. That would have put it on par with JDGs consequence - a tribunal case with the potential to go above 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible teeth. Can’t stand it when he smiles. I need to turn away…
You would have hated living in the 50s and 60s when even kiddies's smiles were besmirched by severe tooth decay. My cousin had all her teeth pulled at 12 or 13 years of age. Mum was philosophical about it - just said she won't have to worry anymore about not cleaning her teeth. Not that it seemed she ever did worry. But I guess your concern is with healthy teeth that just look ugly.

It's all the hugging of the McRae era. Hugs have derailed our season. Bring back Malthouse. He didn't hug.

images

You would have hated living in the 50s and 60s when even kiddies's smiles were besmirched by severe tooth decay. My cousin had all her teeth pulled at 12 or 13 years of age. Mum was philosophical about it - just said she won't have to worry anymore about not cleaning her teeth. Not that it seemed she ever did worry. But I guess your concern is with healthy teeth that just look ugly.

Thank you.

Really the penalty should be based on intent rather than outcome.

Well, sort of. But if your intent is to punch someone in the head but you miss and fall to the ground yourself, should you be suspended? Probably not.

Penalty should based on intent IF the outcome is a consequence of that intent. That's how the law works I think, mostly. You intend to his someone and miss -- you're fine. You hit someone, don't intend to kill them but DO kill them, you are up for manslaughter not murder.

Waxed floss, eh?
Unwaxed is best. Just try and buy it here!. I could tell you stories. I have told you stories!

Heading to Thailand where the waxed floss is thinner, electric tooth brushes next to non-existent, and forget about your pixter or TePe brushes of different sizes. It'll all go as carry on luggage with reserves in checked. You can't leave your teeth to fend for themselves. Go prepared.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back