Official Match Thread Round 14 MOTR: Fighting Furies v Geelong Gumbies @ Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
fightingfuries.jpg
-V-
gumbyte1.png

Ladder Positions

Code:
Team                  P   W   L   D  Pnlty  For  Agnst    %     Pts  Streak  L5   Change

2. Geelong Gumbies      13   8   5   0    0   1283  1091   117.60   32    1W   LWLLW  +1
4. Fighting Furies      13   6   7   0    0   1260  1269    99.29   24    2W   LWLWW  +2

Last Week

Geelong Gumbies 16.14 (110) defeated Roys FC 9.11 (65)
East Side Hawks 11.8 (74) lost to Fighting Furies 21.10 (136)

Players to watch

Gumbies: Buckets007
Furies: the ranger

Teams to be in by 9pm EST Friday

C'mon Gumbies!

Lets show these puppies how to play footy!

Lets do it for the good old Easter Bunny!

Looking forward to this one.

Furies started slowly but are starting to hit their straps and had a big win last week and now find themselves in the 4.

We will need to be at our best in this one to get the points.....But it is MOTR and we have a good record in them and after getting our season back on track last week and a chance to regain top spot with a win here (If results go our way) then theres certainly alot to paly for as Furies will be looking to cement their spot in the 4 aswell.

Perth Swans should be naming the Gumbies side this week - He was due to do it last week under the Ninty reign as captain but i named it as i wanted to do the captain thing and arrest our drop in form and also get a first W as official captain of the side....Obviously ill have my say towards how th team for this one will look but Perth Swans will get the final say this week.....He will be the match day captain....Ill be taking a back seat role in this one but obviously still leading the club as official captain....(This is of course if PS replies to the PM i sent him earlier)

GO GUMBIES!!! :thumbsu:
GG10!!! :thumbsu:

Furies 4th? Didnt realise the competition was so weak this year...although I generally dont bother looking that low

How can the competition be weak if last years Grand final winner is 4th.. You make no sence... Back to your hole flog. :eek:

We are a strong team we just started slow... You flog's thought we were a pushover.. Guess what.. Furies are back!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can the competition be weak if last years Grand final winner is 4th.. You make no sence... Back to your hole flog. :eek:

We are a strong team we just started slow... You flog's thought we were a pushover.. Guess what.. Furies are back!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm...who makes no sense? Flog

I think you make no sense...floggety flog flog

Come on lads, doesn't matter if the Furies are s**t or not, still a big game! We all want that top spot back and winning this comfortably will help us get that.

Winty is back is stellar form! Expect him to kick another bag. Furies know they have no shot this year so they keep talking about last years premiership instead of focusing on going back to back this year.

Gumbies to destroy the Furies by 57pts and Furies to drop back out of the four.

CARN THE GUMBIES!!!
GG10!!!

Come on lads, doesn't matter if the Furies are s**t or not, still a big game! We all want that top spot back and winning this comfortably will help us get that.

Winty is back is stellar form! Expect him to kick another bag. Furies know they have no shot this year so they keep talking about last years premiership instead of focusing on going back to back this year.

Gumbies to destroy the Furies by 57pts and Furies to drop back out of the four.

CARN THE GUMBIES!!!
GG10!!!

I like that bit:thumbsu:

Keep the winning going Furies. 3 in a row would be a sweet, sweet victory.

Fight hard, win the hard ball and never give up.

Looking to continue my hot form with another 20+ disposal game and a goal would be good too.

CARN' THE FURIES!

This to make us 7-7 and a great springboard for finals footy. The reigning premiers are stalking their prey. :thumbsu:

B: Khan - Torohombre – kainokaino
HB:Tigersman - PHX (c) – tucker777
C: Bend_it_like_Cotchin (vc) – HBK619 – TheCuzEffect
HF: the ranger - Grockadoc – Ruthless Tiger
FF: tony_montana – rfctigerarmy – one_eyedtiger
R: Equus (vc) - hougie – Cleishy
Int: emperor - IDGAF

Unchanged.

But note a few positional changes that will suit us to kill those Gumbies.

This to make us 7-7 and a great springboard for finals footy. The reigning premiers are stalking their prey. :thumbsu:

B: Khan - Torohombre – kainokaino
HB:Tigersman - PHX (c) – tucker777
C: Bend_it_like_Cotchin (vc) – HBK619 – TheCuzEffect
HF: the ranger - Grockadoc – Ruthless Tiger
FF: tony_montana – rfctigerarmy – one_eyedtiger
R: Equus (vc) - hougie – Cleishy
Int: emperor - IDGAF

Unchanged.

But note a few positional changes that will suit us to kill those Gumbies.

vader-fail.jpg

Perth Swans was suppose to name our side this week but he hasnt been on for a few days so ill name it incase he doesnt get on and he can change it if he likes.

Round 14 Gumbies side to play the Furies
**Subject to change**

B: mellowyellow - lewigie - swannies
HB: 2121 - Ghossein - Stokes-Selwood-Prismall
C: WaLkEr_ThE_StAr - RoJo_Junior - Buckets007
HF: Marklar33 - ShaunDuggan - diablo14
F: Double07 - winty - Scared Scotland
R: RangaInTeal - Perth Swans - peterss

Int: Bartel - Shaucob_Burjan

IN: Bartel
OUT: eliiiiza

Positional Changes: None

Yes thats right for the first time in a while ive decided not to make any positional changed to reward everyone for playing well and winning last week.....That was one of the reasons for our dip on form aswell IMO was the positional changes we were making every week.....So hopefully this gives us some consistency back and a win on the board against the Furies.....Bartel back into the side after some good posting this week....Using him as an impact player off the bench hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back