Review Round 14 vs Crows at Metricon Stadium, Sunday 19th June, 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

We were imploding in the first half of that quarter, but managed to smash some goals in, in the second half.

1. We need to learn how to play junk football and get easy marks to waste time and protect the lead.

2. We’ll done to the boys to put their foot on the pedal in the last 2 mins

Tale of two halves. Very good win

I gotta disagree. Not a lot of players have come back from a severe break to full strength. But I hope it isn't. You reckon it is not a snap?
lower leg fracture

It's definitely a break. And a bad one.

Nathan Brown style.

It's just a question of whether knee or ankle ligaments are also injured.
To follow up SUNS
I text my friend the picture. He's a sports med doctor working with rugby teams at International level.
Said if lower leg tib/fib will be 4-5 months out.

We're not seeing him again this year whatever it is.

Injuries starting to mount. Hopefully the depth down below can step up.

When he's good to go, Luko might go down back again given our lack of players with skills down there.

Sharp & Atkins as the rebounder in the frame IMO.

Hopefully the Jeffrey injury isn't too bad either.

Thought it was a pretty complete performance from the forward group, who are really coming into their own given they were looking like a real weak point in pre-season. All multiple goal scorers except Jeffrey, who still had the one himself.

The defense on the other hand looked a bit out of sorts IMO, but can’t be too harsh given they lost Buddas. They still have a real knack of working themselves into needless trouble and making bizzarely poor decisions.

Good to see Rowell proving once again you don’t need 40+ touches to have an impact, compared to Laird who I did not see yet somehow had 42 disposals. 6 centre clearances, 11 tackles and continues to get more involved in chains does Buzz.

Also, thats 3 straight games hitting 100+ points. When was the last time we managed that? Ever?

Thought it was a pretty complete performance from the forward group, who are really coming into their own given they were looking like a real weak point in pre-season. All multiple goal scorers except Jeffrey, who still had the one himself.

The defense on the other hand looked a bit out of sorts IMO, but can’t be too harsh given they lost Buddas. They still have a real knack of working themselves into needless trouble and making bizzarely poor decisions.

Good to see Rowell proving once again you don’t need 40+ touches to have an impact, compared to Laird who I did not see yet somehow had 42 disposals. 6 centre clearances, 11 tackles and continues to get more involved in chains does Buzz.

Also, thats 3 straight games hitting 100+ points. When was the last time we managed that? Ever?
3 straight games against bottom sides. Still, our scoring has been a lot better than I expected this year. Our smalls have really lifted too.

As you said, defence was awful. One of the worst I’ve seen in a while from Collins who had a real girly night. Strange choices and putting themselves under pressure for no reason. Need to tidy that up. It’s our position of least depth.

We played badly, but showed we were a level above with a comfy win. Do that against Port though and we might be in for a sad night.

To follow up SUNS
I text my friend the picture. He's a sports med doctor working with rugby teams at International level.
Said if lower leg tib/fib will be 4-5 months out.

Probably not the worst result. But still absolutely heartbreaking for a kid coming into his best. I'm glad we have the depth to replace him. But doesn't make me feel any better for Wil

Cheers for the follow up mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swallow had the same a few weeks ago and went on to be almost the best player on ground why worry when we won?
I'm not worrying.
By inference I'm pointing out they had a fantastic last 3 quarters.

I'll spell it out in future if I need to.

Izak ranked 1st in average goal assists / game
Rowell ranked 1st in tackles
Miller and Rowell top 4 in contested possessions
Miller and Rowell top 7 in clearances
Ballard and Collins top 6 in intercepts.
Witts 1st in whiteouts to advantage

Developing excellent players in all areas of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back