Round 16: Melbourne v Fremantle @ TIO Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

119 wins 60 losses 5 draws Win percentage of 64.7%

Many teams can beat Fremantle on the day, Subiaco might be a death trap for traveling teams, but away from home Fremantle are lost at sea a lot of the time.

Think you'll find that under Ross Lyon, Freo has one of the best away records in the competition.

I'd just like to thank all the opposition supporters in here. I was disappointed when I saw this thread was only 8 pages but you guys managed to fit as much whinging in as we usually see in a 50 page gameday thread. Bravo!

Because they haven't kicked straight... This is one sided, high congestion, low skill and low intensity game. Or tripe.

Low skill? This is not a West Coast game buddy. The midfield performance you saw tonight from guys like Fyfe, Mundy, Pearce, Neale etc was something you don't see from West Coast midfielders - skilled, contested and damaging footy. And we are struggling to fit in guys like Morabito who would be a first choice midfielder to your team.

Last edited:

0 premierships since inception for you and it seems like an eternity since Melbourne last won one.

I wouldn't say Fremantle are morons but Rossy Lyon's gameplan is not a premiership winning game plan. He proved that at St Kilda and he's proving that with Fremantle.

You really want to go through with this again?

Had Freo kicked 14.8.92, your mob would of lost by 15 points.

Hell Ironically your team lost the 2012 grand final due to bad goal kicking with 11.15.81 to the swans 14.7.91. Yet you blamed the swans cola.

Think you'll find that under Ross Lyon, Freo has one of the best away records in the competition.

Just not at the MCG :p

You really want to go through with this again?

Had Freo kicked 14.8.92, your mob would of lost by 15 points.

Hell Ironically your team lost the 2012 grand final due to bad goal kicking with 11.15.81 to the swans 14.7.91. Yet you blamed the swans cola.

And had Hawthorn been more accurate in front of goal in the 2013 GF the scoreline would have been different as well, horses for courses.

Bad kicking is bad football we were outplayed on the day despite being #1 throughout the season. It was not COLA - nobody gave a crap about COLA until they gained Tippet and now Buddy.

Last edited:

Would help if we were permitted to play there more than once or twice a year. Creates an unfair advantage to Melbourne sides who play their regularly.

And had Hawthorn been more accurate in front of goal in the 2013 GF the scoreline would have been different as well, horses for courses.

Bad kicking is bad football we were outplayed on the day despite being #1 throughout the season. It was not COLA - nobody gave a crap about COLA until they gained Tippet and now Buddy.

Oh bull crap... You never admitted your team lost fair and square in thew 2012 grand final. Only reason you want the swans to suffer is to have less competition for the hawks to get the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back